Tattle Turds #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We are in the land of the dragons 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

My back is screwed as I am OCD with packing and refused all help, then car journeys screw me. So I am chilling in our little cottage while Mr Jo and our birthday friend are out. I’m used to this so all good. And I have a log fire! Need to rest so we can enjoy activities, we are on a boat trip to Puffin Island tomorrow. I am a weirdo, I get so seasick but love being on a boat. Just have to be careful with the pain meds as anti sickness tablets make me sleepy and so do the fun drugs!

Might have to be sensible with the booze intake and not be Alice. Says JoJo with a double Bloody Mary in her hand.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Palate cleanser from the weirdness in Alice-land today. This is Beau and he gives kisses. (He's bribing me to bottle-feed him first but he knows he's my favorite. 💜 )

1000037608.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Palate cleanser from the weirdness in Alice-land today. This is Beau and he gives kisses. (He's bribing me to bottle-feed him first but he knows he's my favorite. 💜 )

View attachment 2481625
Many years ago as teens a friend and I passed a field of cows on our way home. I love animals, always feel connections, so I mooed and mooed and the entire herd eventually mosied on over to chat and get stroked. It was a really special moment! I promise that’s true, but I’m guessing you’ll know cows are gorgeous and clearly intelligent! I’ve never forgotten that and in fact still see my friend and will need to remind her of this old memory which your lovely pic just triggered. Sad fact, she got Alzheimer’s at 45. But she’s usually still good with old memories like this. ❤
Have a top day @Hiraeth and all on this thread.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’ve been thinking about @UncoveredLurker this week. I think the last few weeks will have been tough and I hope they’re doing ok. 💜
Hi everyone and thanks barre for checking in on us.

ive been back at my normal job and then combining that around hospital visits and caring for the kids. I am completely wiped out.

Mr UL has had multiple operations and they found a clot in a serious place but they’ve been treating him very slowly and gently given his co-morbidities. So much so that last week he self discharged and the doctor supported his decision (he’d been in for 9 weeks at this point).

He wants to make the most of the time he has left at home, whilst that is a lovely idea he’s not actually well enough to be home so it’s a large strain on us as a family now.

he’s fainted twice since he’s been home and I’ve talked it through with the doctors what happens if he passes away at home while the kids and I are out during the day. There isn’t anything they can do. They can’t force him to stay in hospital and he won’t go to a hospice. So we just try and carry on at home caring for him the best we can. I have family helping and I think sooner or later I’m going to have to get carers in.

Here I seemed to have missed all the dodgy poster drama! I know the early threads had infiltrators but I didn’t think it would happen this late on. Although some posts are now so obviously hateful I’m impressed at the people who spotted it.

how are you all? I hope for those with autoimmune conditions and health difficulties that you are getting help with pain relief and will keep fingers crossed for any tests to come back in the best way.

sending love to all the kitties and puppers that regularly pop up on this thread too! I’ve posted my own pup before. And I love hearing the little updates - especially with all the brilliant work that the likes of Jojo and Lulu do with the kitten rescue

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Hi everyone and thanks barre for checking in on us.

ive been back at my normal job and then combining that around hospital visits and caring for the kids. I am completely wiped out.

Mr UL has had multiple operations and they found a clot in a serious place but they’ve been treating him very slowly and gently given his co-morbidities. So much so that last week he self discharged and the doctor supported his decision (he’d been in for 9 weeks at this point).

He wants to make the most of the time he has left at home, whilst that is a lovely idea he’s not actually well enough to be home so it’s a large strain on us as a family now.

he’s fainted twice since he’s been home and I’ve talked it through with the doctors what happens if he passes away at home while the kids and I are out during the day. There isn’t anything they can do. They can’t force him to stay in hospital and he won’t go to a hospice. So we just try and carry on at home caring for him the best we can. I have family helping and I think sooner or later I’m going to have to get carers in.

Here I seemed to have missed all the dodgy poster drama! I know the early threads had infiltrators but I didn’t think it would happen this late on. Although some posts are now so obviously hateful I’m impressed at the people who spotted it.

how are you all? I hope for those with autoimmune conditions and health difficulties that you are getting help with pain relief and will keep fingers crossed for any tests to come back in the best way.

sending love to all the kitties and puppers that regularly pop up on this thread too! I’ve posted my own pup before. And I love hearing the little updates - especially with all the brilliant work that the likes of Jojo and Lulu do with the kitten rescue
Sending so much love to you and your family. What a difficult time you are all going through. Thinking of you all 😘😘

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’ve just caught up on this thread. @Old Soak my heart goes out to you. I’m so sorry to hear about what happened to your sister and I completely get your rage at the bastard and his tricks.

i hope you get citizenship sorted and if not - definitely keep trying. Sending love to you and your family.

• Heart
UL sending you all my love and best wishes to both of you. Times like this I really wish there was a PM function. I find it such a blessing to have Lulu available and we chat a lot, unload and support. I have an amazing network of friends and family, but at times it’s easier to release to someone a step away and keep a brave face to others.

• Heart
Thanks @JoJo76 - it is easier to say exactly what I’m thinking here because it doesn’t matter if I’m judged harshly here

In real life I have to hold it together and carry on and smile, pick up the crap and keep going. Here I can moan it’s unfair, rant about his stupid decision to self discharge and why bleeping stupid (it’s knocked the kids too - they’d fallen into a routine with him in hospital and they now have to help him with lots of things).It’s frustrating - doesn’t mean I dont care, but it’s just another set of more stuff to do, if that makes sense?!Everything from here onwards will only be difficult anyway.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I had had such a good weekend away in the Land of Ioan 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 but goodness I am tired. So tired that I screenshatted my FB post so I don’t have to type!

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 6
View attachment 2483838
---
A few pics from my Welsh adventure. I don’t want to leave.
Love Wales. Anglesey is a very special place, I've been once and would love to return. I've camped in the Brecon Beacons, done lots of rockclimbing in various places in N.Wales and got engaged in Wales! I have many good memories but haven't been in many years.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hello everyone ❤

I’ve come for a chat on here for a while if that’s ok. I’ll read the thread as it’s been a while so I can catch up with all goings on. This mornings talk of witches, spirituality etc has made me realise that for longer than I realised, I’ve been neglecting that side of me massively and that is why I type out such inappropriate stuff sometimes and get so angry.
I’m not paying attention to my inner voice and letting the negativity I’ve got in me build up then it all comes spewing out.

I realise now that I did sound as unhinged as Alice and I apologise again for anyone I may have upset or offended or given the wrong idea about me. I promised I’d do better but slipped up with one of my posts this morning.

So…time to get my Grimoire out, crystals out of their boxes, runes, sage, and other bits and bobs out of the trunk and start trying to fix whatever’s broken to make me so hostile. I also need to call the Dr as I think I’ve been manic for quite a while and it’s only just sank in ( manic episodes with cyclothymia can last days or weeks ) that my meds weren’t sorting me out.

It’s been a rough month so…with a new month and a new season properly beginning, it’s a great time to reassess and to make positive changes!

Anyway - I’m away to read the full thread ❤
---
If you’re heading to Alnwick Castle, make sure you head to Barter Books in Alnwick too. Cosy atmospheric quirky bookshop heaven!
Alnmouth beach is lovely too and only a few miles along the road.
Ex husband is from that area and it’s an absolutely stunning county. Barter Books was something else…absolutely loved it.

Beadnell will always have a special place in my heart, despite what happened in the end to my ex and I. Such an amazing place.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Home again. Wales was beautiful but I’m a bit broken with pain. The castle did me in! And Mr Pod is also broken since we returned. He is a lazy old man, we don’t really know how old he is as he was an adult when we adopted him. I’m giving him quiet time away from crazy Walter the Greek so he can chill as it’s raining outside.
---
Love Wales. Anglesey is a very special place, I've been once and would love to return. I've camped in the Brecon Beacons, done lots of rockclimbing in various places in N.Wales and got engaged in Wales! I have many good memories but haven't been in many years.
If you go back, this Airbnb is lovely. Just across from Beaumaris Gaol and only a few minutes from the main road and beach.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Just checked the year on the thread when I saw a post where the Queen was mentioned…didn’t realise this one went back to 2022 as I didn’t really check the dates before I started reading 🤣

Apologies to those getting notifications about a post they made months ago…will skip to the last month or so! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Home again. Wales was beautiful but I’m a bit broken with pain. The castle did me in! And Mr Pod is also broken since we returned. He is a lazy old man, we don’t really know how old he is as he was an adult when we adopted him. I’m giving him quiet time away from crazy Walter the Greek so he can chill as it’s raining outside.
---

If you go back, this Airbnb is lovely. Just across from Beaumaris Gaol and only a few minutes from the main road and beach.
Thanks for the tip! Lovely cat by the way :)

Hey Turdles, I’ve been MIA for a few days. Has anything happened on the main thread or can I jump to the latest?

Is the Tattler who mentioned the gummies that helped with their sleep on this thread? I can't remember who it was of course :rolleyes:

5HTP (recommended on here) has been causing me severe nausea, so I would be grateful for any suggestions available in the UK please.

I have tried lots of CBD drops to no avail.

The only thing that helps are the OTO drops (from Liberty or John Lewis) but at £69 for a month, it's a bit outside my price range for anything other than occasional use.

• Heart
Still trying to catch up but I have been so so tired this week. Something made my day today though, I can’t recall who it was here that’s follows Fosterkittendiary on instagram, but I got a shoutout on one of her reels! I adore Barbara and all her little kitties x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.