Tattle In The Press

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Big article about Tattle in the Daily Mail today. Am expecting an influx of new members.

View attachment 998794

My favourite bit is where the author (Hi Clare!! Thanks for registering x) says many of us are "remarkably articulate". Sorry to disappoint that we're not all sitting at home going 'goo goo ga ga' whilst pointing excitedly at daytime telly. Annoying that these articles never, ever mention Jack Monroe even though she's the grist of some of our most popular threads.
That remarkably articulate bit, I am going to add that to my CV

I love it when the daily mail is the morality police for gossip. 😆

The amount of articles they get from reading here, like the Alice evens thread.

Sadly it's not more popular than Mumsnet, they've pulled those figures from thin air and doesn't get anywhere near that number of visitors.
Think it is the Evans threads that piqued their interest.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
This will sound so horrible and I honestly have tried to word it in a way that is not but they always seem to choose the worse threads at their most off topic/bitchy time. If I knew the bare minimum about the people they’ve chosen I would think wtf are these people talking about.

The bit about the wikis was intriguing, it’s the best part of Tattle! Anyhoo, agenda, agenda as usual.

Edit - Nope, that does sound horrendously bitchy. All threads have their moments and I have been involved in off topic chat, obviously. Ha, not being very ‘remarkably articulate’ this morning. 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
What we say is no different to what people comment on the DailyFail anyway.. in fact some of the comments on there are much worse!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
It’s just another dull, poorly constructed piece that’s almost a carbon copy of what has already been written. It’s lazy journalism. Not a scrap of balance, no critical thinking applied, no ACTUAL investigation. It’s waffle. And badly executed waffle at that.

Reactions: 29

I love it when the daily mail is the morality police for gossip. 😆 are they targeting immigrants today like they do most days?

"Stunned by the viteral" on here and the worst examples is calling Mrs hinch a twit or Katie price a drugged up idiot. Hang on didn't the daily mail put Katie price with a druggie headline on their cover? They've done loads of articles on her saying the exact same. The hypocrisy 🤡

The amount of articles they get from reading here, like the Alice evens thread.

Sadly it's not more popular than Mumsnet, they've pulled those figures from thin air and doesn't get anywhere near that number of visitors.
I like Polly's comment, why did Clare need to sign up?

Reactions: 14
It’s just another dull, poorly constructed piece that’s almost a carbon copy of what has already been written. It’s lazy journalism. Not a scrap of balance, no critical thinking applied, no ACTUAL investigation. It’s waffle. And badly executed waffle at that.
I'm so fed up of them coming to scrape content off here only to turn round and act like they're superior when in fact they completely ignore the influencers blatantly stealing money from their followers and from actual charities. I mean, if they did just a little investigation into the financials it would make such a better story (or stories plural) than these regurgitated 'think piece' columns which say absolutely nothing other than 'there's this site where people are talking about the morally corrupt tit influencers are getting up to. Which is ... bad, somehow.'

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
The timing of the daily fail article is interesting because an investigative report into the use of paid accounts/bots to coordinate hate against Harry & Megan was released from embargo at midnight. Some journalists have egg on their faces for how they interacted with these accounts. Some of the things the accounts made up made its way into mainstream media.
It’s very convenient right now to conflate trolling & coordinated hate with gossip and Tattle is an easy target 🤷‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 19
What we say is no different to what people comment on the DailyFail anyway.. in fact some of the comments on there are much worse!!!
Comments that cross certain lines are moderated, deleted and warnings given. DM doesn’t do that..

• Heart
Reactions: 13
They hate tattle because swathes of us who’d have scrolled the sidebar of doom & clicked a few articles generating a bit of ad revenue for them are now over here giving tattle the cash instead. That’s the long and short of it, these big name journos are now worried that the days of their £160k a year one column a week jobs are over because we’d rather read decent content made by our peers. Sorry huns you’ll have to downsize x

• Heart
Reactions: 42
"Meanwhile at Tattle underground HQ, the mysterious Helen sits in one of those spinny chairs, laughing maniacally and stroking a pet as yet another poorly researched tit news article directs loads of new users and ad revenue"

dr-evil-one-billion.gif

*GIF probably not actual Helen. T&Cs apply. Brand new customers only. Results may vary.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
My 7 year old son is a better journalist than the people at daily Mail. Seriously they are 🤡 anyone that believes anything they say is a gammon end of

Reactions: 11
A 'newspaper' that employs embittered fat, vile hag Jan Moir, who takes pleasure in shitting on the graves of freshly dead popstars (Stephen Gateley) criticising a website that calls out influencers for their greed. The irony is palpable.

Perhaps they might like to take a trip to Reddit to see some rape threats. Mind you, that's probably fine because it's mainly not WIMMUN innit?

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I like the way some of the comments are pointing out that when a Fail article uses 'a source said....' they invariably mean here.
That paper gets so many of its stories from here it is unbelievable. The Elle Darby racist tweets being just one of many.
Another commenter made a good point that Tattle is the only place that IGers stories are screenshotted and receipts kept, otherwise there is no record of the grifting and advertising breaches so many of them perpetuate (and then hope are forgotten 🙄).
Pathetic lazy article. However it will only bring more people here.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Big article about Tattle in the Daily Mail today. Am expecting an influx of new members.

View attachment 998794

My favourite bit is where the author (Hi Clare!! Thanks for registering x) says many of us are "remarkably articulate". Sorry to disappoint that we're not all sitting at home going 'goo goo ga ga' whilst pointing excitedly at daytime telly. Annoying that these articles never, ever mention Jack Monroe even though she's the grist of some of our most popular threads.
I'm annoyed they never mention the Food and Drink thread, most of which is completely random, rarely mentions any public figures (or food and drink :ROFLMAO:) and just has constant pet photos :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Jack Monroe has hundreds of threads and is frequently top trending on the site. Always ignored in these stupid articles. And yeah let’s scrutinise the vile things men say on Reddit and compare shall we?

• Heart
Reactions: 20
A 'newspaper' that employs embittered fat, vile hag Jan Moir, who takes pleasure in shitting on the graves of freshly dead popstars (Stephen Gateley) criticising a website that calls out influencers for their greed. The irony is palpable.

Perhaps they might like to take a trip to Reddit to see some rape threats. Mind you, that's probably fine because it's mainly not WIMMUN innit?
Also, the DM’s content is full of dragging articles about, mainly women, who fail to cut the mustard. People like Lisa Armstrong. They say she looks wonderful and then print a photo of her looking like she has just crawled out of a skip to invite the nasty comments about her appearance. The DM’s reach is bigger than this site. Their misogynistic attitudes and general nastiness has a more insidious, damaging effect than this site will ever do.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Love that the comments are correcting the DM and saying they we are actually calling out the bullshit influencers say/do.

• Heart
Reactions: 18