Tattle In The Press

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also, the DM’s content is full of dragging articles about, mainly women, who fail to cut the mustard. People like Lisa Armstrong. They say she looks wonderful and then print a photo of her looking like she has just crawled out of a skip to invite the nasty comments about her appearance. The DM’s reach is bigger than this site. Their misogynistic attitudes and general nastiness has a more insidious, damaging effect than this site will ever do.
that the DM think they can criticise anyone else for bullying or whatever they are accusing Tattle of is beyong a joke. I don't understand what they even think the issue is,even if we were saying horrible things about people, who cares? We are not posting insults on social media profiles or in a national newspaper

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I noticed she didn't mention or quote the H & M threads, could it be because many news presenters on GB news say exactly the same as us in criticising their behaviour

Reactions: 13
they always seem to choose the worse threads at their most off topic/bitchy time.
There's almost 8'000'000 posts here. It's not hard for hacks to search for a few which out of context look bad. They only ever repeat a few words of them.

Like calling Katie price a druggie pisshead. I bet this was posted shortly after she flipped her car while drunk in the early hours going on a drugs run and the judge wanted to give her a custodial sentence. Hardly outrageous the comments she attracts on tattle with her very problematic behaviour.

Also, the DM’s content is full of dragging articles about, mainly women, who fail to cut the mustard. People like Lisa Armstrong. They say she looks wonderful and then print a photo of her looking like she has just crawled out of a skip to invite the nasty comments about her appearance. The DM’s reach is bigger than this site. Their misogynistic attitudes and general nastiness has a more insidious, damaging effect than this site will ever do.
It's so disingenuous the way they do that these days. Articles like "flaunts her fabulous curves" when it's a very unflattering picture of someone who's put on weight and is wearing clothes too small for them.

Reactions: 28
There's almost 8'000'000 posts here. It's not hard for hacks to search for a few which out of context look bad. They only ever repeat a few words of them.
I'm always fairly pleasantly surprised at the comparative mildness of the messages they choose to quote. Like, they're really trying to sensationalise the VILENESS of the posts over here but it's clear they can't find much actual evidence of it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Each year, the Daily Mail do the usual photo spread of the Grand National, Ascot, Cheltenham, more so of the people who attend those racecourses. Years ago, they could print offensive comments from journalists to accompany each picture. Then fast forward a few years and a law was brought in regarding journalists and that they were not allowed to publish derogatory comments about people’s appearance, etc. So to get around this, they continued to publish hideous photographs of people, but added text that most people could see beyond, knew that they were being sarcastic. They do the same with everybody, Carol Vordermann, Liz Cundy, Gemma Collins, anyone who looks a state, they will publish the worst photograph of them and dress it up with sarcastic text, pretending they think that person is a looker. 😂

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Each year, the Daily Mail do the usual photo spread of the Grand National, Ascot, Cheltenham, more so of the people who attend thone racecourses. Years ago, they could print offensive comments from journalists to accompany each picture. Then fast forward a few years and a law was brought in regarding journalists and that they were not allowed to publish derogatory comments about people’s appearance, etc. So to get around this, they continued to publish hideous photographs of people, but added text that most people could see beyond, knew that they were being sarcastic. They do the same with everybody, Carol Vordermann, Liz Cundy, Gemma Collins, anyone who looks a state, they will publish the worst photograph of them and dress it up with sarcastic text, pretending they think that person is a looker. 😂
What gets me on top of the crappy misogyny is how they can't proofread at all. The same sentences appear several times in the first couple of paragraphs.

Reactions: 19
Also you get the photographs repeated dozens of times. One photo of a person looking a state is bad enough, we don’t want to see 10 of the same photographs! 😁

Reactions: 10
Lol at the comments on that article - so many about to join Tattle and thanked the writer for letting them know about it

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I went round to visit my mum today (I’ve been let out of isolation finally - whoo hoo!) and she said “you’re not one of those Tattlers are you?” I said, yes I am and she said “but it’s the dark web”. Now my lovely mum doesn’t know what the dark web really is but she does believe every damn thing the frigging mail says. I talk to her about what we are and gave her and gave her examples of why Tattle is a good thing in some respects and she said it was good to have some balance - something the Mail doesn’t and never has had.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I went round to visit my mum today (I’ve been let out of isolation finally - whoo hoo!) and she said “you’re not one of those Tattlers are you?” I said, yes I am and she said “but it’s the dark web”. Now my lovely mum doesn’t know what the dark web really is but she does believe every damn thing the frigging mail says. I talk to her about what we are and gave her and gave her examples of why Tattle is a good thing in some respects and she said it was good to have some balance - something the Mail doesn’t and never has had.
Doing the Lord's work 👏

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
"you're not one of those Tattlers are you?" sounds like she just discovered that you are part of a syndicate

• Haha
Reactions: 22
You can view messages live as they're posted, it's quite interesting. And if someone did a few minutes watching this they'd see it's mainly innocuous stuff. Anyone that genuinely hates and influencer isnt suitable for tattle. It's a gossip site that doesn't allow hateful content

For every thread you can click to view the most liked posts so newbies can quickly get an idea of what tattle is and isn't. You can even do that for a tag and view the most liked posts across hundreds of threads.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
You can view messages live as they're posted, it's quite interesting. And if someone did a few minutes watching this they'd see it's mainly innocuous stuff. Anyone that genuinely hates and influencer isnt suitable for tattle. It's a gossip site that doesn't allow hateful content
That reminds me when people joined after Sali Hughes video a couple said they were disappointed as it wasn't what she had lead them to believe 😂
No unhinged murderous stalky rants in sight.

• Haha
Right, who can I approach to publish my article 'Proud to be a Tattler calling out disingenuous practices by influencers and celebs' (Title may need a little work...)

• Haha
That reminds me when people joined after Sali Hughes video a couple said they were disappointed as it wasn't what she had lead them to believe 😂
No unhinged murderous stalky rants in sight.
Honestly at this point I wonder if this journalist is just mentioning tattle to encourage people to join and provide more stories for the DM, she must know this is what happens every time Tattle is mentioned?

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I wonder what her username was :ROFLMAO: bet she was egging us all on for info to write an article...
Wiki pages are at the top Clare ;)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
What I don't understand about the daily fail article is they touched upon Ashley Cain. No-one on the thread is writing anything derogatory about the sad passing of his daughter. They ARE talking about the foundation monies going "missing". If the daily fail want their sensational story... Investigate that and blow that open.

Last edited:
Reactions: 27
Daily Mail comments can be just as vicious, sometimes more so than Tattle (I've seen some racist and homophobic comments on DM), so it's hugely hypocritical. And like others have said, most are saying "thanks for letting me know about Tattle". ;)

They can barely proofread or fact check their articles, and describe women's bodies like a Victorian ma'am reaching for the smelling salts. Another new trope I've noticed is they've started producing headlines or sub-headlines which have a few BLOCK CAPS words amongst the baloney.

Reactions: 17
Daily Mail comments can be just as vicious, sometimes more so than Tattle (I've seen some racist and homophobic comments on DM), so it's hugely hypocritical. And like others have said, most are saying "thanks for letting me know about Tattle". ;)

They can barely proofread or fact check their articles, and describe women's bodies like a Victorian ma'am reaching for the smelling salts. Another new trope I've noticed is they've started producing headlines or sub-headlines which have a few BLOCK CAPS words amongst the baloney.
I would say rather than "can be worse" with "tend to be worse" unsurprising considering the nature of the articles themselves though

Reactions: 4