Tattle In The Press

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How is she one to talk about ad standards when she never used to disclose? She only does now as she got reported.
I don’t know who she is to be honest. However the report/ enquiry in Parliament is about what affect influencer culture is having on society. In the main part about how it’s affecting consumers. They want to deal with issues such as debt growth, advertising regulations and the use of photoshop (in connection with mental well being etc.) I think how the actual Influencers feel as workers in the industry is a very minor concern at this point. They probably couldn’t wait to get her out of there 🙄.

She got a few headlines from it anyway. The Kardashians have been dealing with the TMZ comments section since 2007. Tattle has just got under the skin of very British influencers. The outrage and sanctimony was always going to be strong 😂.

Reactions: 14
Brace yourself, @Yel and the other mods, I reckon that all these articles and 'interviews' will have driven lots more desperately miserable, sad little jealous people to the site 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Of course, because neo nazis arent bothered about people selling false and damaging impressions of their lives to followers by circumventing rules on false advertising to make money, so they are all fine.
No, because a lot of them are doing that themselves (cf the conspiracy theorist Alex Jones)

I regard influencers as part of the advertising industry. No more no less. And advertising is highly regulated so I’m at a loss as to why influences aren’t subject to the same restrictions and fine structure for breaches?

And ask you self this, if you meet someone for the first time and they say they “work in advertising” what is your first reaction? Are you impressed or do you think “ick, smarmy dishonest bastard”? Cos that revulsion os how you end influencer culture.

Reactions: 10
I’m not sure if this has been shared but it came up on snapchat for me just now, it’s basically a rehash of the em sheldon article, but I just found the cover of it and the psychological ‘analysis’ ridiculous. They really want to stereotype everyone who uses gossip sites as insecure middle aged mums with karen haircuts🙄
C444E1AE-74C5-4D4E-BD64-C13E8DCCBAFE.png

9E775B4D-D784-4C52-A436-A0100ECB018E.png

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Awful isn’t it. Has real ageist and sexist overtones. The assumption that everyone on gossip sites is a women for a start and that the so called abuse here is worse than racist and hateful messages directed at sports stars?! It’s a joke
Em Sheldon literally told Emma Barnett on Woman’s hour that people call her mums dog ugly as an example of so called abuse.

Anyway full telegraph article here if anyone wants to read it

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Heres another one, this time from Glamour mag.

https://archive.is/OJq4P

If it’s ok to share the article via screenshots so we don’t give them the clicks I’ve added it in the spoiler below. If it’s not ok, I’ll happily delete or edit this post, or mods, please feel free to remove them!

22A14B72-68D3-4E79-89AE-EEE4F7C2F443.jpeg

64398728-7732-4E5B-B2B8-27991F5414CA.jpeg

72B1D47C-3939-4E03-8F01-C7DA528D36E5.jpeg

64AAF6A7-6090-4CDA-9760-7A5119FFC124.jpeg

Mod edit changed to an archive link to not give them the traffic

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
It just makes me a bit sad for society that real journalism is dying out.

These people make up a few "facts" then write an article to fit the narrative. Are they young and dream of being an influencer?

They all seem to be making up this middle aged women thing as they think that will help push a point. Most people on here are in 20s or 30s, very few are middle aged. Not that it matters anyone's age, but how can any "journalist" that makes stuff up be taken seriously? So many made up things presented as if it's a fact. That's a thing dictators pushing propaganda do. 😳

The funny thing is the comment sections and their own social media when they post these articles pretty much mirror tattle comments and call influencers deceitful product pushers 😆

Reactions: 17
Pathetic articles and utterly misogynistic.
The trolls who are on twitter especially during the football are mostly men so the gender claim is utter tosh

Unbalance puerile Pathetic excuses for journalism

Reactions: 9
I came here from a really toxic Reddit sub which mentioned tattle and honestly- this site is full of intelligent, interesting and funny people. The odd troll but you get that on any place on the web.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Newspapers and media companies are themselves influencers. There's a reason why so many are owned by billionaires, why Murdoch keeps the Sun running at a loss and why the government is stuffing the BBC with Tories.

For all its many faults the Web, Twitter and sites like Tattle speak back to them. And they hate it.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
The misogyny of those articles is just so blatant. On one hand it’s upsetting, but on the other, it’s kind of hilarious, like just say you judge women more harshly than men and go.
Anyway the jokes on them, there’s at least 5 men who are regular posters on this site 😜

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I wonder why they’re lying about a trolls age do they hate the idea of people their own age feeling negatively towards them so just make up a “ it’s old people they don’t get it” agenda to make them feel better

Reactions: 5
In Em Sheldon’s case (as she started all this), she reads her thread on here constantly and has picked up on some of us mentioning we have professional jobs or kids. She believes she’s just a ‘young innocent girl’ and it’s nasty old women picking her. In fact she’s a 27 year old women who needs to grow up about the fact she makes money through shady affiliate links, promotes fast fashion and constantly pushing people to buy things.

She’s always made a big deal about people with kids commenting on her, case in point was a home sense ad she did on Facebook which got loads of negative comments. Ironically it was men mainly commenting on that. Yet she seems fixated on calling out women and parents.

As you can see she finds people who comments on her, because in the past she doxxed someone online. She’s a very bad character for any of these journalist to champion, and now they have taken her comments to write click bait articles they look sexist and ageist. Which is exactly what they are. It’s all ‘women are jealous of me’. The real issues however never get debated because of this smokescreen.

Attachments

Reactions: 6
To the 'influencers' and churn
Newspapers and media companies are themselves influencers. There's a reason why so many are owned by billionaires, why Murdoch keeps the Sun running at a loss and why the government is stuffing the BBC with Tories.

For all its many faults the Web, Twitter and sites like Tattle speak back to them. And they hate it.
The tabloids in particular REALLY don't like anyone having a different narrative (Murdoch *cough*) - hence why all the articles about "evil trolls".

Reactions: 8
It's been said before, but it's always telling these articles are never written about football forums, with a primarily male user base.

But of course, its more scintillating to have headlines about bitchy women :rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 16
It's been said before, but it's always telling these articles are never written about football forums, with a primarily male user base.

But of course, its more scintillating to have headlines about bitchy women :rolleyes:
EXACTLY! There’s a reason we keep coming back to this, and it’s because one way or another its down to misogyny (with some nasty ageism thrown in).
Football forums, like you said, can be horrific, basically (some) men are being pricks all over the internet. Sexism keeps rearing it’s ugly head because we still have a long way to go. Women’s rights is still such a relatively recent thing in terms of the whole of human history. I think what we’re experiencing now is a pushback. I know it sounds a bit “tinfoil hat”, but it’s true, it’s like what others here have said about the tabloids and their narratives. I wish I could explain myself more clearly 🤣

The ageism in these articles is horrible too. “Middle aged” being used as an insult 🙄 What does it even mean? As women do we all merge into one personality once we hit a certain age?

They all seem to be making up this middle aged women thing as they think that will help push a point. Most people on here are in 20s or 30s, very few are middle aged
I’m so glad you said this, I always get the impression (from the few threads I’m active on) that its a real range of ages and backgrounds here, but overall we mostly all get along. Now that would make for an interesting article.

Reactions: 15
Christ, compared to DS this place is like an episode of the Waltons! Nah, seriously, Tattle is great for having a laugh and intelligent debate with like minded souls. Sheldon et al are self absorbed, talentless narcissists who are happy to flash everything on the Gram, then when people interact, sometimes negatively, we're all middle aged Mums knitting at the guillotine. Well, I am middle aged, no kids, and whilst I don't make 3k a pop advertising any old tat, I have a very happy life and come here to let off steam and have a laugh. Whilst us all being middle aged Mums is a massive, simplistic (and untrue) generalisation, what IS true about 99% of these influencers is that they are mostly:

Thick as tit
Narcissists
Greedy
Defensive
Unable to take any form of criticism
Lacking enough self awareness and intelligence to see the beautiful irony of showcasing their whole lives online whilst expecting feedback and interaction to be ONLY positive
Nasty hypocrites who whilst saying 'be kind' on the one hand, spend their days arguing and slanging with others.

Get in the bin you dumb fucks and grow up.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
It just makes me a bit sad for society that real journalism is dying out.

These people make up a few "facts" then write an article to fit the narrative. Are they young and dream of being an influencer?
If you have a look at the Daily Mail, a LOT of their content actually comes from social media, and it's really quite sly, because they do pretty much what TL does - but THEY get legitimised because they're quote unquote, a "news" paper.

Reactions: 10