Tattle In The Press

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Instead of lots of posters sliding in her DMs wouldn't it be easier if one person (her) signed up here and asked questions in this thread?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I *could* be wrong here but is it considered unethical for journalists to anonymously interview folk? I don't think I phrased it very well but it might explain why she didn't go down the fairly sensible approach of creating an account or thread on here.

I would have thought DMing her on Twitter would be more outing considering most people tend to use their "real" names on there.

Sorry to disappoint anyone who thought my parents christened me smellsofbiscuits 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Lol Emily should have just joined tattle anonymously 🤪
That’s if it’s genuine! My first thought as a cynical person was “I bet the people DMing won’t be members at all, but anti-Tattle and will make up things even if they’ve never been a member”.

Reactions: 4
That’s if it’s genuine! My first thought as a cynical person was “I bet the people DMing won’t be members at all, but anti-Tattle and will make up things even if they’ve never been a member”.
That's it how is it anonymous when people on Twitter usually have their photo and real name and how can she be sure DMs are from genuine Tattle posters and not mischief makers? If she wants to make sure identities are kept private and replies are genuine then surely the best thing to do is sign up here? She could ask things as often as she liked then.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Any journalists should do some real work and actually read the forums as all the information is already written down. No need to interview anyone, the forums speak for themselves. I do think many of these hacks are looking for someone to chuck under a bus with their same old dirty tricks of asking leading questions and misrepresenting answers.

Every single article has been terribly one sided and biased and tattle doesn't even give any response anymore because they only ever used 20% of it to twist to their own agenda. I'm sure they'd do the same for posters or just make up a poster all together to suit their agenda.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I don't think Sheldon has really thought this through 😆. Having opinions on a public figure is part of a free country. Tattle is 99% stricter on its rules than Instagram or Facebook.

However influencers shady practices are going to face increasing scrutiny as many don't even declare business relationships.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Anyone able to post this from behind the paywall?
I certainly didn’t pay

Social media influencers face daily attacks online from women whose “sole mission is to ruin our lives”, an Instagram star told MPs today.
Em Sheldon, who has more than 117,000 followers on Instagram where she documents her lifestyle, said there was a “very dark side” to the influencer business.
Sheldon, 27, said: “I am very concerned that there will be more suicides and more depression because in which other industry are you allowed to be constantly, relentlessly attacked every single day just for existing?

“People hate influencers. They are so angry at us making money. It could be something crazy like just me walking my dog and people are just so angry.”
Sheldon claimed that the abuse predominantly came from adult women. “These are grown women with actually very good jobs and seemingly very good lives who are doing this,” she said.

Sheldon was speaking to MPs on the Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee, who are conducting an inquiry into the “growing power” that influencers have on social media. There is concern about a lack of transparency around their promotion of products and services online.
The inquiry is considering whether there is sufficient regulation around how influencers advertise products to their social media followers, and is also examining what role they have on media and popular culture.

Sheldon has said that there is a perception that online celebrities “deserve” such attacks
EM SHELDON/INSTAGRAM
An influencer is generally considered someone who has the power to affect the buying habits or actions of others by uploading content on to their social media platforms such as Instagram, Snapchat or YouTube. An example could be a fashion blogger mentioning their favourite sportswear brand in an Instagram post.
Sheldon said that abuse towards influencerstends to increase when they start to advertise more products and make money through their social media presence, with the abuse predominantly coming from adult women rather than teenagers.
“They don’t like that people are making money,” she said. “There is a whole dark space of the internet where people sit all day, every day, literally writing about us. It’s crazy, because these are grown women with children; these aren’t 15-year-old girls ... They say: ‘Right, I am going to ruin this person’s life, I’m going to destroy that business.’ ”
Sheldon added that other influencers she had spoken to about the problem have had to call the police because of people being “hell bent on finding their addresses, finding how much people pay for their houses”.

Sheldon, who has over 117,000 followers on Instagram, said most abuse came from adult women
EM SHELDON/INSTAGRAM
She added that there is an assumption that because a person is putting their life online they “deserve” such attacks and are not seen as real humans.
While Sheldon did not say where the attacks come from, the gossip forum Tattle Life is often cited as a platform where influencers suffer some of the worst abuse.
The online forum largely focuses on the lives of influencers and other celebrities who are very active on social media and was founded in 2018 with the aim of holding to account Instagram influencers and YouTubers who financially profit from sharing content.
While the platform’s administrators say the site has a “zero-tolerance policy” for messages containing threatening behaviour, hate speech or harassment, the site has been widely criticised for creating a platform which allows users to bully influencers.

Reactions: 6
Notice how all the replies on the times socials is pretty scathing (or spam) about influencers. They exist in a total bubble and are so detached from reality.

They're going to be in for a very rude awakening when regulations catch up and they realise it's them that will be the loosers.

Screenshot_20210713-150918_Twitter.jpg

When this story was on itv news 🤣

Screenshot_20210713-140603.png

These people need to stop listening to their few followers who shower them with praise because they dream of being an influencer and all the freebies and easy money it entails.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Notice how all the replies on the times socials is pretty scathing (or spam) about influencers. They exist in a total bubble and are so detached from reality.

They're going to be in for a very rude awakening when regulations catch up and they realise it's them that will be the loosers.

View attachment 660861

When this story was on itv news 🤣

View attachment 660863

These people need to stop listening to their few followers who shower them with praise because they dream of being an influencer and all the freebies and easy money it entails.

Can the MPs also investigate the young women tens of thousands of pounds in debt, ravaged by eating disorders, and other mental health issues because of influencers? Imagine there’s likely a lot more of them.

ETA - jealous that they’re making money? As opposed to the rest of us who what, subside on air? Live off the earth? Everyone has to make money we just choose to acquire a skill set and not exploit other people’s insecurities!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
The BBC have reported on it and lumped in this desperate Em along with the racist abuse of footballers and the stalking of someone from girls alowed 🤦‍♀️. As if these things are all the same. Fab journalism strikes again

The replies see it for what it actually is

Screenshot_20210713-170613_Twitter.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18