Tattle In The Press

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The BBC have reported on it and lumped in this desperate Em along with the racist abuse of footballers and the stalking of someone from girls alowed 🤦‍♀️. As if these things are all the same. Fab journalism strikes again
I know next to nothing about media law, but isn't this some kind of libel? I have never ever seen anyone on here say they want to ruin an influencer's life or business. Do journalists not have a duty to research empirical claims that they're publishing? Surely someone can't just make up total lies and have it published? It seems very weird.

Reactions: 13
Maybe the press should start reporting the exploitation that is going on, I am tired of influencers using mental health issues and serious mental illness to deflect criticism, to increase engagement and make sales.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
They'll be nothing law breaking about it as it's her opinion that she's allowed to hold. But the BBC at least should do some fact checking and balance it out rather than just have a quote calling tattle a "dark forum" and actually name it so people can see it for themselves.

If people create whole accounts just for their home and to beg for freebies they can't complain that people are talking about their home! We never allow any details that comprise privacy to remain on here and people are pretty good at reporting usually.

The tide must turn eventually, it's quite odd how they keep getting written dispite the comments sections showing how detached from the publics thoughts on influencers.

Tattle is going nowhere. These insta bints should realise it's within their own control to shut down their threads by not doing shady things.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Like I said before, maybe we should point these people at places like GLP or 4Chan if they *really* want to see abusive behaviour.

Reactions: 16
Like I said before, maybe we should point these people at places like GLP or 4Chan if they *really* want to see abusive behaviour.
Ignore all those forums by far extremists, terrorists, neo Nazis, sexual abuse and all that. Tattle is the dark forum because at worst it's a bit bitchy to those that overshare their so called private life as a job 🤣

The fact that they have to lie to mislead about here shows they've lost the argument already.

bleeping entitled people that want to be a celeb without all the trappings that aways have come with it. Ridiculous. I'm probably repeating what I've said countless times 🤦‍♀️🤪

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Nah I'm Hufflepuff, I took a quiz and all 😁

Here's another odd article published today that mentions tattle from Elle. Not quite sure what they're getting at as tattle is a community not a news site, but seems to say we operate under a blanket of shame 🤷‍♀️. There's a big difference between editorial content and user generated content.

Posting archive link to not give them the traffic

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
So many eye rolls. The articles all gloss over the reasons why we're criticising the influencers in the first place. One user on the Times suggests Em S stop being an influencer to solve the problem :LOL:

Reactions: 11
Ignore all those forums by far extremists, terrorists, neo Nazis, sexual abuse and all that. Tattle is the dark forum because at worst it's a bit bitchy to those that overshare their so called private life as a job 🤣
☝ This a 100 times.

Reactions: 8
This website has just been named and totally misrepresented on Radio 4. Such lazy journalism.

• Sad
  • Wow
Interestingly the recording isn’t available yet on bbc sounds. Are they editing out some of the false claims I wonder

Reactions: 2
No idea sorry! Waiting for the recording to be added to bbc sounds. The previous poster mentioned tattle being named So assume they heard it live but wonder if they will edit the recording. The influencer making all these claims is Em Sheldon

Reactions: 1
Interesting article in the NY Times about gossip - not online, but gossip in general and related to evangelical churches - https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/14/opinion/evangelical-women-gossip.html

Two quotes from it -

1) on the origin of the word - By the 17th century, gossip was being used to describe conversations in birthing rooms. Gossip, then, evolved to mean women’s private whispering

2) the power of gossip - Some believe that evangelical pastors denounce gossip to protect themselves against its power to expose secrets and weaken their own status.

The fact that they have to lie to mislead about here shows they've lost the argument already.

bleeping entitled people that want to be a celeb without all the trappings that aways have come with it. Ridiculous. I'm probably repeating what I've said countless times 🤦‍♀️🤪
Of course, because neo nazis arent bothered about people selling false and damaging impressions of their lives to followers by circumventing rules on false advertising to make money, so they are all fine.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Emma Barnett asked people that have gossiped about influencers to get in touch. Who the duck would do that with such a 1 sided agenda?
I’d be fascinated to know what EB thinks influencing is. The way people go on you’d think it was a philanthropic endeavour. People are trying to sell tit to women (as per usual) and we’re not keen on it. We all need burning at the stake for not wanting to continue the excessive consumption cycles ruining our planet + many of our well-being!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
This is about the 5th one sided dig in the media from Influencers I’ve seen this year 🙄. It’s very tiresome. Wasn’t Em invited to speak at DCMS over Influencer Advertising Standards? How on earth did that descend into an ‘all about me’ tattle related whinge festival? I don’t know and will never understand why they read here at all. Tattle has been co-existing with SM now for three years, no one has got hurt, they have less complaining on their actual pages. It does them more favours than they think it does imo 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 10
This is about the 5th one sided dig in the media from Influencers I’ve seen this year 🙄. It’s very tiresome. Wasn’t Em invited to speak at DCMS over Influencer Advertising Standards? How on earth did that descend into an ‘all about me’ tattle related whinge festival? I don’t know and will never understand why they read here at all. Tattle has been co-existing with SM now for three years, no one has got hurt, they have less complaining on their actual pages. It does them more favours than they think it does imo 🤷🏻‍♀️
How is she one to talk about ad standards when she never used to disclose? She only does now as she got reported.

Reactions: 8