Tattle In The Press

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Daily Mail comments can be just as vicious, sometimes more so than Tattle (I've seen some racist and homophobic comments on DM), so it's hugely hypocritical. And like others have said, most are saying "thanks for letting me know about Tattle". ;)

They can barely proofread or fact check their articles, and describe women's bodies like a Victorian ma'am reaching for the smelling salts. Another new trope I've noticed is they've started producing headlines or sub-headlines which have a few BLOCK CAPS words amongst the baloney.
The DM comments are definitely worse than Tattle! Sometimes it's not just the comments, it's the voting.

I was reading an article on there recently about an Australian footballer (Josh Cavallo) who'd come out as gay and had received homophobic abuse from the crowd at a match he was playing in.

Comments condemning the homophobic abuse, that I'd hope most decent people would agree with, had almost as many dislikes as likes. A couple of examples:

Screenshot 2022-01-19 at 22.52.19.png

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
You don't need to be registered to view attachments - we changed that a while ago as quite frankly it's busy enough and don't need to encourage people to register. It can be so exhausting keeping on top of the modding 🀯
The site I mentioned above had a thread for the 2019 British election which managed about 1800 posts in 24 hours, with quite a lot less members than here, so sometimes it seems a bit quiet here πŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 2
The site I mentioned above had a thread for the 2019 British election which managed about 1800 posts in 24 hours, with quite a lot less members than here, so sometimes it seems a bit quiet here πŸ˜‚
It's probably because here is more like 100+ different communities who are moving at different paces. Other forums are more like one community. It's quiet here on Christmas day and when it's down, the rest of the time o_O

• Heart
Reactions: 9
For Tattle Life is where women come (and the majority of posts are by women) to criticise, castigate and condemn their fellow sex. Celebrities, influencers, writers, commentators β€” no one, it seems, is immune from their venom.
I wonder if Clare Fogues has signed up to dedicated incel forums where men talk about how much they want to murder women, or if she's signed up to the forums where Johns review the women they've paid for sex in incredibly cruel and callous ways, sometimes delighting in the pain they cause them.

Nah, women saying mean things about other women is far more toxic than those forums.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
Wonder what Clare Foges would think about the disgusting comments under Daily Mail articles or ex DM editor Paul Dacre's reported tirades at his underlings where he would call them all cunts.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
None these journos talk about Twitter, which is still an absolute cesspit. Beheadings, those poor hostages burnt alive in cages, a guy cutting his own dick off, all put up there, all took ages to get taken down. Then there's the child sexual abuse accounts, which don't break the t&C's. And the very recent case of the rugby player, the prostitute and the young girl raped. The sex worker has posted their messages, his name, footage of the girl, none of it taken down despite numerous reports.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
None these journos talk about Twitter, which is still an absolute cesspit.
Because without Twitter they might have to talk to people to get stories.

And I say that as someone who doesn't particularly like talking to people if I can avoid it.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Article in the mail about a young couple (33 and 32) who wouldn't let a gay couple view their house that's for sale as they believe homosexually is a sin.

Look at the likes and dislikes. I'd be shocked and appalled if tattle had even a fraction of the bigoted people that the mail has on it. They pre-moderated the comments but still approve comments that are clearly homophobic.

Screenshot_20220120-114358_Brave.jpg

Screenshot_20220120-114418_Brave.jpg

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
That reminds me when people joined after Sali Hughes video a couple said they were disappointed as it wasn't what she had lead them to believe πŸ˜‚
No unhinged murderous stalky rants in sight.
I did that! I really thought I'd joined a different website to the one SH was talking about.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I wonder if Clare Fogues has signed up to dedicated incel forums where men talk about how much they want to murder women, or if she's signed up to the forums where Johns review the women they've paid for sex in incredibly cruel and callous ways, sometimes delighting in the pain they cause them.

Nah, women saying mean things about other women is far more toxic than those forums.
Or Mumsnet with their competitive under eating and sneering at people not as well off and privileged as they are.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Or Mumsnet with their competitive under eating and sneering at people not as well off and privileged as they are.
Mumsnet has had articles about it, to be fair. As have some of the "incel forums" (4chan is the famous one, their TV forum is good for anon shitposting πŸ˜…) and conspiracy theory sites (GLP is the one I know - and occasionally post on mostly skeptically or for breaking news). One that gets ignored is sports forums.

Reactions: 6
Mumsnet has had articles about it, to be fair. As have some of the "incel forums" (4chan is the famous one, their TV forum is good for anon shitposting πŸ˜…) and conspiracy theory sites (GLP is the one I know - and occasionally post on mostly skeptically or for breaking news). One that gets ignored is sports forums.
Yes, they leave the ones used by men alone by and large.

• Sick
Reactions: 10
Mumsnet has had articles about it, to be fair.
Have there ever been any negative very misleading articles about Mumsnet? I've only seen positive ones that are chucked together usually about some made up crap for attention like man on online dating sends a weird text.

Certainly never seen the onslaught of 100% negative press like tattle gets.

One that gets ignored is sports forums.
Boys will be boys! Heaven forbid women do the same. Saying that it's not even the same, many sports forums are worse than here.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Sports forums, yes! And motoring ones like PistonHeads.

Reactions: 4
Have there ever been any negative very misleading articles about Mumsnet? I've only seen positive ones that are chucked together usually about some made up crap for attention like man on online dating sends a weird text.

Certainly never seen the onslaught of 100% negative press like tattle gets.
I think the Mail have done one before, although it was a while ago. There were also somewhat negative ones when all the politicians were doing "interviews" on Mumsnet.

Reactions: 2
Which forum is GLP? I searched and the term Good laboratory practice just kept coming up. Abd some business website too.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Reddit is never spoken about negatively though, I don't use it anymore but some of the things I have seen on the gender forum here from it are just unbelievable and I cannot believe they never seem to receive any criticism

Reactions: 9
I think because reddit is so bloody hard (impossible?) to navigate it seems to slip under the radar a bit. I honestly dont think Tattle is a complete bitchfest, and it is CERTAINLY NOT racist or homophobic. Thing is, if you set yourself up for public adulation you should probably expect that not everyone is going to fall for it.

Reactions: 8