Tattle In The Press

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Google email alerts maybe? ETA: no hang on cause then you'd only get them when someone uses your full name
Google alerts doesn’t capture forum stuff, I have it set for Jack and other people and it doesn’t ever flag forums or social media.

Hattie may well have google alerts for herself but it never would have come up in them, much less instantly (google itself doesn’t index content that quickly, let alone send out an email for it, they come once a day if activity triggers one) - she very clearly actively lurks and should be ashamed of herself being pally with Jack whilst enjoying this content, absolute snake behaviour and Jack deserves better mates.

• Wow
Reactions: 22
I see Manchester Evening News is on our case. Balanced reporting again I see. According to them, there's no moderating on the site, and once again we are all women. The article is just full of lies.

@Pocahontas they say you don’t exist - no moderating.

Rude.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
From the article, someone has said "they wouldn't put their real names to the comments". No I wouldn't, and do you know why? Because her boyfriend would send Sharon to taser me.

One for the Corry fans there. If you haven't seen it, it is worth a look. I haven't laughed at Corry for ages, but Sharon tasering Jenny was the funniest thing on TV for a while. " 'Ave it!"

It also explains the business that Rachel's boyfriend runs from his cell in Strangeways.

If what we are doing here is illegal, take us to court. Our outfits are ready and waiting. At this rate I will have to let mine out at the waist, Corona tummy and all that. Come on Jack, what are you paying that lawyer for?

• Haha
Reactions: 21

Yel

It's a really sad reflection of society that papers you'd think are at least half respectable publish articles dripping in deception and fake news.

If you have to lie to push your point then you've already lost.

There's certainly lots of interesting things to say around influencer culture, mental health (of followers and influencers) and monetizing your personal life but Sophie Halle-Richards this ain't it hun.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
that article is so stupid.

doxxing is not "revealing private information"

if you're getting abusive messages, then that's not from here. this isn't fb/insta/twitter

the named influencers have small slow threads

you can't remove anonymity from the internet, it's impossible and would leave actual vulnerable people open to abuse

mentions clemmie hooper coming on "to defend herself" but no mention of her slagging off other influencers, including her own husband

the acknowledgement that other commentary sites would pop up if tattle didn't exist renders the whole piece futile

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Yel

Edit, let's not advertise this article all over tattle and give it the attention and clicks they want. It adds nothing new. Some posts have been moved here.

Hope that make sense, but then again mods don't exist and we don't spent a huge amount of time doing a mostly thankless task 😐

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Oh no a forum on the internet influencers don’t like...let’s get our PR team to get a newspaper to write an article bringing more views to us this morning 😌😀

• Haha
Has anyone seen the article in MEN that’s a takedown of Tattle? It’s an expose of Tattle, with a couple of minor influencers whinging about their threads, also quotes Sali Hughes and her ‘documentary’ about so called ‘dragging sites’ and there’s a bit about MOD in it. It says MOD came on here to ‘change the conversation’ because we were calling her and FOD ‘twats’ but doesn’t say that we were just quoting MOD’s own words back at her. It’s very, very one sided, as per usual.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Wait the mods aren't real? Have we collectively imagined them like Frank the rabbit? 🐰
28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes. That is when this thread will end.

The way people in the comments of articles/on twitter start anonymously insulting tattle users (for being critical of others anonymously) without realising how hypocritical they're being is quite something else...

They're entitled to their opinion on the site but it is a little funny how they're just not self aware at all. Suppose a lack of critical thinking and idolising some of these influencers probably goes hand in hand though. 🤷‍♀️

A hearty welcome to our new tattlers!

Screenshot_20210607-102525_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Omg the hypocrisy of these papers even writing about tattle 🤣🤣 don’t they make most of their money writing about celebrities and z-listers!? Their comment sections are worse than anything mentioned on tattle, so all these so called journalists can duck off, they are lucky these forums exist as they always seem to get their content from these places instead of doing actual research.

also influencers can duck off too, once again it’s not trolling if people talk about you on forums, if you don’t have the mental strength to read stuff about yourself well then don’t bleeping google yourself and go looking for it and accuse people of being trolls🙄 they make it seem like someone holds a gun to their heads to read here.

i wonder if all these influencers are innocent of gossiping about their ‘colleagues’ or celebrities

• Heart
Omg the hypocrisy of these papers even writing about tattle 🤣🤣 don’t they make most of their money writing about celebrities and z-listers!?
No one likes to say it, but that's exactly the reason they're so critical of tattle. First of all, they want to keep in with the influencers and publicists so they can keep getting #content from them, and second of all, you'll find more interesting and insightful stuff on these threads than you will in any of their bootlicking puff pieces, so tattle's basically taking readers away from them. Plus there's the whole reactionary mindset of protecting the status quo because of fear of the unknown. The MSM's absolute trash, everyone knows it, but they'll defend it to the death because they're defending their own income and lifestyle 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
From the article, someone has said "they wouldn't put their real names to the comments".
They're also wrong. I don't post anything here that I wouldnt post on a Disqus account that's linked to my Facebook. If this forum allowed it I would link it to my Facebook, even if just to prove a point.

Reactions: 7
If there are no mods on tattle and this site really is a free for all then how in the hell have I ended up with warnings in the past for being naughty? Make it make sense!

The moderation is just right in my opinion, encouraging members not to moderate and to use the report button is a good thing! It’s not up to us to police others but if we see something that breaks the rules then that is what the report button is for. I feel like everyone knows their role as either members or mods and the rules are simple and clear. That being said, we are still allowed to discuss pretty much anything, even more controversial topics as long as it’s kept civil. Threads don’t get removed just because some members don’t like it, instead you are encouraged to just avoid threads you don’t like, like an adult. I’ve been on forums where you’re not even allowed to swear and certain topics will get shut down with no explanation and it just wasn’t for me. Sites like mumsnet care more about their reputation with brands and influencers rather than their members resulting in over moderating. There are also far worse sites out there, 4chan and even Reddit can be total cesspits but get a pass. I agree with the users saying that one of the reasons this site gets so much hate is because it’s predominantly frequented by women sharing our views which certain parts of society still seem to struggle with. Members of this site are always described as ‘bored housewives’ or similar in the news articles I’ve read and it has a misogynistic undertone to it.

The thing is these influencers are choosing to come here and read about themselves, it’s not like we are discussing things in the comments under their latest ig post. There are much more famous people who have much worse things said about them online, in magazines, newspapers and even in their own social media posts and they don’t seem to give a tit, theyd have no time for anything else if they spent all their time trying to stop people sharing opinions online. So it seems these influencers and -z list celebs who spend their time trying to shut down a gossip forum must have far too much time on their hands to begin with. People will have opinions on you when you throw yourself into the public eye, both good and bad. It’s not compulsory to come here and read them. This need to constantly know what people think of you is so unhealthy and it’s getting worse with influencer culture and social media obsession.

Tattle is the modern day equivalent of having a gossip over the garden fence with your neighbour. Nothing wrong with it at all. It’s one of the friendlier forums I’ve been a part of.

Last edited:
  • Heart