Tattle In The Press

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I forgot to add in and I was too late to edit the post. But the influencers and z-list celebs who complain about the site. They forget they have willingly put themselves in the media spotlight therefore making them a public persona who can be criticised and most of the time rightly so for their behaviour and the money grabbing tit that they keep doing. Their narcissism refuses to allow them to understand that not everyone is going to like, love and applaud you.

If you don’t like it, ignore it, it sounds hard and it probably is as it will irk at you, but you can’t regulate peoples opinions and thoughts to accommodate your feelings and ego.
I'm not an influencer (thankfully, because I don't think being influenced by me would end well), but - as I said in the Jack Monroe thread - I do put quite a lot of info about myself out there through forums and other social media. I do this entirely in the knowledge that it's not, necessarily, the most sensible idea, and also with the self awareness that if it does bite me in the arse it's my own fault.

Reactions: 8
The people who complain don't read far enough into this forum. I joined last September and found members all supported each other, respected posts whether of their own opinions or not, and for me it has really helped me get through lockdown, whether just reading threads or joining in. And I've laughed so much at some posts too. I love this forum and members too. 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I’d love to know what Grazia’s problem with Tattle really is,
I posted this in another thread but it makes more sense here...

The writer, who is so much of an influencer that she doesn’t even have a thread here, just happens to work for a PR company, who just happen to represent a quite few people who do have tattle threads 🤔

Half the time I think it bugs them that they don’t have threads. I read one earlier this year in the Spectator (I think,) and the journalist was having the best day retweeting all the love she was getting from blue ticks on Twitter. Then she tweeted ‘I expect I’ll get my own thread now.’ She didn’t and I can’t even recall her name. But wow did she take massive offence to this site, having apparently spent 4 months *undercover* on here. All I thought was oh hold the front page and call MI5, people are gossiping 🙄.

Every under 25 year old on Twitter thinks we are the devils spawn 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 20
It's incredible to me that all these articles on tattle exist yet we never see this level of media attention on kiwi farms, now THAT site is hateful.

On the bright side, the fact PR firms are writing in grazia about this website must mean the public is becoming more aware thanks to tattle (since they've singled us out specifically) and it's affecting influencers' ability to grift without being held to account.

@ the insta huns, so sorry that you have to admit your handbags were gifted and you can't sell illegal diet pills on insta anymore, truly you are so oppressed xoxoxoxo

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Mumsnet seems to be the other large forum that gets articles written about it.

Going slightly more off the wall, GLP and 4Chan do also get articles about them as well.

Reactions: 5
It's incredible to me that all these articles on tattle exist yet we never see this level of media attention on kiwi farms, now THAT site is hateful.
The worst forum I have ever been on is “YouTalkTrash” it’s not as popular anymore but I used to give it a read every now and then as I didn’t like a particular youtuber and influencer. But oh my loving god, the people on there were absolutely vile. They used to even have running jokes on kids. They were even calling someone’s baby “autistic and the r word” because he didn’t like certain foods and was not developing fast enough for their liking. It was horrific and everyone would be loving and liking the posts laughing at a child’s expense. The child was 2

They even had threads about people who clearly were mentally unwell or developmentally challenged and the abuse that was targeted towards them was abysmal. I wouldn’t say the stuff they were saying about these people to my worst enemy.

Moderators would not put a stop to it and got involved with the abuse and when someone tried to intervene and tried to tell the other forum members what they were spewing was hateful and vile, the mods would just ban them.

I am thankful on here that everyone here is a normal human being who wouldn’t dare say stuff like that about anyone, especially a child.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 12

Keep the Tattle free advertising coming websites and influencers :) It's always great to see new posters around here helping the forum grow bigger and better all the time. By talking about this wonderful place of freedom of speech all you're doing is bringing more people here to join in the conversations you hate.

Cheers :)

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I see Manchester Evening News is on our case. Balanced reporting again I see. According to them, there's no moderating on the site, and once again we are all women. The article is just full of lies.

• Angry
Reactions: 11

Yel

It's just embarrassing for these so called journalists to lie and deceive in order to suit the agenda they have.

Repeating a small section of the "members shouldn't moderate" rule in order to mislead people that there's no moderating. This is the reality, but for much of journalism it isn't about the truth 🤦‍♀️

Screenshot_20210607-090110_Chrome.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I see Manchester Evening News is on our case. Balanced reporting again I see. According to them, there's no moderating on the site, and once again we are all women. The article is just full of lies.

This site has to be one of the most moderated I’ve ever known…and I mean that in a positive way. I think people are very quick to call out any wrongdoing or nonsense, to be honest, and that’s how it should be. I’m sure there must be threads that are less friendly than this (I haven’t explored any others), but this is one of the warmest and funniest places I know.

Reactions: 15

Idk what they’re going on about I report tit all the time 🐍 none of us want ppl bringing down the tone of the place lest we turn into a shithole like Twitter.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

What a crock of rubbish. Anything untoward then you tag the mods by reporting the post, rather than wading in yourself...

Reactions: 10
Imagine thinking that wanting you to declare ur ads / be honest / pick another influencer crime here is tantamount to expecting you dead. If it’s really that hard not to be trash then that’s a you problem beloved

Reactions: 18

Every time I see one of these reports, I wonder why the (largely male) forum Kiwi Farms NEVER gets discussed, despite being about a million times worse than Tattle.

(Also, those influencers pictured in the article look like Bratz dolls. Not a compliment!)

Reactions: 18

The article opens with talk of notifications - how are you getting notifications of someone posting on a website about you? (Google email alerts maybe? ETA: no hang on cause then you'd only get them when someone uses your full name - she's literally just accidentally admitted she's made an account on tattle and set notifications for her thread which doesn't seem like the best thing to do for your own sanity.)

So interesting to have comments open on one of these articles!

Very heartening to see (amongst some eye roll worthy comments 🙄) that the most liked comments with 6 or more thumbs up all seem to be quite reasonable.

ETA: gutted that none of our verses made the quotes, was our that's amoré sing a long not newsworthy?! 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
It's just embarrassing for these so called journalists to lie and deceive in order to suit the agenda they have.

Repeating a small section of the "members shouldn't moderate" rule in order to mislead people that there's no moderating. This is the reality, but for much of journalism it isn't about the truth 🤦‍♀️

View attachment 606723
this is the first thing I thought of!

pointing out these useless influencers have broken rules and lied is common decency to the poor people that get themselves into financial trouble coping them it not trolling!

Reactions: 15
I've reported someone for making a joke that was really not appropriate considering the subject. I've also seen other users politely pointing out that children are off limits or asking others to delete posts that have locations of houses in them.
I've found most of the main threads have core groups of people that do support one another and just want to put and end to lying, grifting, Facetuning and have concerns for the children of influencers/public figures.

I've found some great people on here and I've learned a lot in the last half a year.

Now duck off.

• Haha
Reactions: 26