Taskmaster #2 Are you a child of divorce?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love Sophie and thought she was hilarious last night. I think it will be a good series šŸ¤ž

Reactions: 7
Would still love to have seem Steve v Reece Shearsmith. Perhaps they should have a LOG special them and Mark Gatiss competing against each other.

Reactions: 8
Loved the first episode. I think it is going to be a good season.

I hope we see more of Peg Mavis :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I was crying with laughter at Sophie trying to hoopla, I've not seen Alma's not Normal and didn't know who she was. When I saw the line up announced with a photo, I thought she was Rachael Stirling (actress from The Detectorists, Diana Rigg's daughter).

Looking forward to the rest of the series!

Iā€™m halfway through the first episode and wanted to know where I recognised Sophie from. I asked my husband if he knew her and he asked me to clarify which of the contestants I meant so I said ā€œthe older womanā€. I then googled her and found out sheā€™s 36! I would have had mid to late 40s easily. And out of curiosity I also looked up Joanne and sheā€™s 40 which feels right.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I was crying with laughter at Sophie trying to hoopla, I've not seen Alma's not Normal and didn't know who she was. When I saw the line up announced with a photo, I thought she was Rachael Stirling (actress from The Detectorists, Diana Rigg's daughter).

Thatā€™s who she reminded me of! Itā€™s been bugging me. Iā€™m in the same boat having not watched Alma. Really liking her so far. Itā€™s the ones that take it really seriously that I struggle with! Robbins is Ed Gamble Mark 2. Needs all sorts to make it work though so he fills that role perfectly šŸ¤£

Reactions: 1
Just watched it and enjoyed. Really looking forward to the rest of the season. Sophie in the team task and with Gary was brilliant!

Iā€™m halfway through the first episode and wanted to know where I recognised Sophie from. I asked my husband if he knew her and he asked me to clarify which of the contestants I meant so I said ā€œthe older womanā€. I then googled her and found out sheā€™s 36! I would have had mid to late 40s easily. And out of curiosity I also looked up Joanne and sheā€™s 40 which feels right.
36?! In the words of Chris Ramsey - No Way!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Just watched it and enjoyed. Really looking forward to the rest of the season. Sophie in the team task and with Gary was brilliant!

36?! In the words of Chris Ramsey - No Way!
She's my age! Asked my mum how old she thought she was and she said 49!!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I definitely thought Sophie was older. She gave me Jenny eclair type vibes. Pretty surprised sheā€™s in her 30s šŸ™ˆ

I'm quite enjoying this lineup so far, apart from maybe Steve Pemberton. But I'll give him a couple episodes. Turns out I do actually recognise Sophie and Nick from things so it's only Joanne I don't actually know at all.

And I've always strangely kinda fancied John Robbins. šŸ˜† So I'm liking that he's on this series.

I thought it was a Pointless laptop style prop that Alex always just used to pretend to do stuff with in the studio.

Never realised he was putting scores in there etc as well.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11

I thought it was a Pointless laptop style prop that Alex always just used to pretend to do stuff with in the studio.

Never realised he was putting scores in there etc as well.
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. He definitely earns his money as the assistant (I'm presuming he actually gets paid the most out of everyone including Greg on the show).

Reactions: 3
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. He definitely earns his money as the assistant (I'm presuming he actually gets paid the most out of everyone including Greg on the show).
I would hope he does since he created it!

I would hope he does since he created it!
Oh yeah. He must surely get money (I'm not begrudging him any of this btw) from all the merch, the foreign series, the books, etc etc. It's amazing he finds the time to do the Horne Section stuff still which I absolute love, excited for the second series of the TV show.

1711910847327.png

Oh yeah. He must surely get money (I'm not begrudging him any of this btw) from all the merch, the foreign series, the books, etc etc. It's amazing he finds the time to do the Horne Section stuff still which I absolute love, excited for the second series of the TV show.

View attachment 2848208
He is pretty talented!

Is it just me that has the impression that Joanne doesnā€™t like Sophie? In the studio thereā€™s a couple of times she looks at her or reacts to Sophieā€™s tasks that just makes me think maybe she doesnā€™t like her or something has gone on.

I don't know Joanne from anything other than Taskmaster, I'm finding it a little hard to warm to her. All the press interviews about Taskmaster have people like Greg and Alex saying she's SO FUNNY, am I missing something?

Reactions: 5
I don't know Joanne from anything other than Taskmaster, I'm finding it a little hard to warm to her. All the press interviews about Taskmaster have people like Greg and Alex saying she's SO FUNNY, am I missing something?
Same. I find her overuse of Botox/filler really off-putting too.

• Haha

I really recommend Almaā€™s Not Normal itā€™s a good watch. I think thereā€™s a second series coming.