Taskmaster #2 Are you a child of divorce?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Genuinely haven't heard of any of these people, and I feel like I usually know 2 or 3 by name alone?

I was late to the prev series, but I adored Lucy on the show, which seemed to be an unpopular opinion in the prev thread. 🤷‍♀️ I find absurdist female comics tend to get a lot more of the 'it's all an act! booo' remarks than their male counterparts, but I don't care if it's an act, I found her to be perfect for the show.

I need more of s16 type contestants, less people who just try to take the task too seriously and consequently are the most forgettable (like Sarah Kendall).
Lucy and Sam have a podcast...

You've never heard of
Steve Pemberton?[\spoiler] He has been in so many tv shows
Benidorm, The League of Gentlemen, Psychoville, Inside Number 9, Whitechapel, Happy Valley series 1 [\spoiler] to name just a few
I'm so looking forward to him!

They should do a ‘legends’ one off episode. I’d choose Mike Wozniak, Rylan, Jenny Eclair, Sian Gibson and …. Probably Kiell.

Who would everyone else choose?
Yes to Wozniak and Rylan. Has to be Bob, Kerry and James Acaster for me. Oddly loved Adrian Chiles on the New Year’s one. Had a soft spot for Mawaan Rizwan.

Reactions: 4
New series looks good - only one person I haven't heard of 😂 But I hadn't heard of Sam and loved him.

Won't spoiler as it's all out in the open now. I think Sophie Killan (Alma's not Normal) will be good. I think I'm in a minority as I don't really like John Robbins much. I've only heard of him through his radio programme with Ellis James - but he just seems to constantly hijack it and go on about himself. But I don't actively dislike him so am willing to be persuaded 😂

Reactions: 1
Lucy and Sam have a new podcast starting on Friday (called Lucy & Sam's Perfect Brains) and they released a little teaser ep today chatting to Julian.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I think that John Robbins is going to be one of those contestants that is very clued up on past series and hoovers up points but I’m not going to warm to.
Saw Mike Wozniak live a few months ago and he was every bit as brilliant as I hoped he’d be 😊

Reactions: 8
I think that John Robbins is going to be one of those contestants that is very clued up on past series and hoovers up points but I’m not going to warm to.
Saw Mike Wozniak live a few months ago and he was every bit as brilliant as I hoped he’d be 😊
You could tell he's watched previous series as he checked under the table on the egg task!

John is a good friend of Alex’s (they have an YouTube channel together) and a big TM fan. He has spoken publicly about giving up drinking in the last year and I think this is why he’s now finally a contestant when people have been asking for him on the show for ages.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Plus he’s wildly competitive and v pedantic so I think we’re going to see that play out a lot in the series which should make for entertaining viewing.

The show has been running for ages, not sure how you can’t expect people, esp in the industry, to have not seen it?

Reactions: 10
Plus he’s wildly competitive and v pedantic so I think we’re going to see that play out a lot in the series which should make for entertaining viewing.

The show has been running for ages, not sure how you can’t expect people, esp in the industry, to have not seen it?
I quite like it when fans of the show participate in it, it's good viewing!

Reactions: 3
I liked that.
All good contestants. Sophie concerned me as she approached the egg task, I was worried she was going Lucy levels of odd but it was just a one off.

Nick & Steve were a great team.

I liked that.
All good contestants. Sophie concerned me as she approached the egg task, I was worried she was going Lucy levels of odd but it was just a one off.

Nick & Steve were a great team.
Whereas for me, I was super super excited thinking we've got another Lucy type of contestant. More weird surrealist ladies, please!

I can't really take these boring middle of the road contestants who go on to win simply because they just do the task, very literal interpretations, a la Sarah Kendall and Richard Herring, so I'm glad there isn't an obvious one (yet!).

Also, maybe early to start the 'ooh, Greg judged that wrong' remarks, but Steve's drawing was clearly the better one in the end, I think the 5 points should've been his for sure.

Reactions: 5