Tanya Burr #9 eighty thousand things to flog, one short boyfriend and one missing dog

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I tend to read rather than post in this thread but Tanya’s on bbc radio london right now (didn’t see it mentioned so thought I’d mention it!)

Reactions: 6
but you also need the talent, something tanya likely lacks
Likely? I'm sorry, we've got proof that she 100% lacks it. The play, the bit parts, the terrible longer parts in indie films bought by investing in the production, the reels. She's got 0% acting talent. She's never going to get better, she's been at this for 5 years now, right? It's never going to improve.

I also disagree that you need money to break into acting. Sure, it doesn't hurt, hence all the posh actors with Eton and Cambridge backgrounds. But someone with talent, say an Emma Louise Corrin who is nominated for a Golden Globe for her first big role broke in through talent. She worked hard and she knew the right people, sure, but nobody gives out plum roles in good shows or movies just because someone has money or knows the director.

This is also why Tanya keeps being Two-Line Tanya. Sure, her acquaintances/friends get her foot in the door, but without any talent to accompany it, no one intelligent is going to shoot themselves in the foot by casting her for something big. (Yes, they gave her the main role in Confidence but clearly those people were not the sharpest tool in the box).

I tend to read rather than post in this thread but Tanya’s on bbc radio london right now (didn’t see it mentioned so thought I’d mention it!)
Talking about her pivotal role on Twist? Or... like... why?

Reactions: 6
Let us know if you hear anything interesting!
Nothing very interesting, she said she gave up YouTube 2 years ago to focus on her acting career and has kept up Instagram. She tries to keep her acting stuff off of Instagram. She was asked if YouTube fame has helped her acting career, she said no, that she got feedback from one of her early auditions from someone quite big in the industry that YouTube hasn’t done her any favours.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Nothing very interesting, she said she gave up YouTube 2 years ago to focus on her acting career and has kept up Instagram. She tries to keep her acting stuff off of Instagram. She was asked if YouTube fame has helped her acting career, she said no, that she got feedback from one of her early auditions from someone quite big in the industry that YouTube hasn’t done her any favours.
where is the eye roll emoji. Is she somehow implying she has done way more acting than she has but its not on insta? ridiculous.
Also her latest post, that outfit is generally awful, but what the hell is that bag?!

Reactions: 21
Omg. She's keeping up with the delusion that she's not a huge star yet because YOUTUBE harmed her acting dreams. There's no hope for this woman.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Omg. She's keeping up with the delusion that she's not a huge star yet because YOUTUBE harmed her acting dreams. There's no hope for this woman.
what was she on there to promote? that 2 line cameo?

anyone found it funny that Jim has posted a pic on insta of some time he was at radio 1? passive aggressive much?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
Likely? I'm sorry, we've got proof that she 100% lacks it. The play, the bit parts, the terrible longer parts in indie films bought by investing in the production, the reels. She's got 0% acting talent. She's never going to get better, she's been at this for 5 years now, right? It's never going to improve.

I also disagree that you need money to break into acting. Sure, it doesn't hurt, hence all the posh actors with Eton and Cambridge backgrounds. But someone with talent, say an Emma Louise Corrin who is nominated for a Golden Globe for her first big role broke in through talent. She worked hard and she knew the right people, sure, but nobody gives out plum roles in good shows or movies just because someone has money or knows the director.

This is also why Tanya keeps being Two-Line Tanya. Sure, her acquaintances/friends get her foot in the door, but without any talent to accompany it, no one intelligent is going to shoot themselves in the foot by casting her for something big. (Yes, they gave her the main role in Confidence but clearly those people were not the sharpest tool in the box).

Talking about her pivotal role on Twist? Or... like... why?
Emma Corrin is super talented but she also came from a wealthy background and went to Cambridge lol. The reason why people say the acting industry is classist/elitist is because although being rich won’t win you the role per se, very few people can afford to dedicate all their time to being actors whilst rarely getting roles that will financially support them. If you have money you can afford to lounge about at your parents house while you wait for your agent to call. Just as seen with Tanya, do you think she would still be able to chase this acting dream if she didn’t have all this influencer money to rely on?

Reactions: 33
Emma Corrin is super talented but she also came from a wealthy background and went to Cambridge lol. The reason why people say the acting industry is classist/elitist is because although being rich won’t win you the role per se, very few people can afford to dedicate all their time to being actors whilst rarely getting roles that will financially support them. If you have money you can afford to lounge about at your parents house while you wait for your agent to call. Just as seen with Tanya, do you think she would still be able to chase this acting dream if she didn’t have all this influencer money to rely on?
I know she did. I clearly said she knew the right people. I don't think we're saying different things, you just misread what I said. Knowing the right people and having money doesn't get you far without talent, and the proof is in the Tanya pudding. Having talent alone isn't going to give you success either if you don't have a right network (as is the case in most jobs in this world, sadly) or money to keep you afloat while things happen for you but Tanya is all the proof we need that you might know a lot of people, you might have tons of money, but you still can't buy your way into success if you can't even act like a human with a pulse.

And Tanya wouldn't have any dreams if she didn't have money. If she hadn't had the lucky strike of knowing Sam and Nic and riding on their coattails and getting into Youtube at just the right time, she'd be a normal person, probably more mediocre than most because she seems to be completely uninterested in anything that isn't having people fawn over her.

Reactions: 11
This isn’t very relevant but could anyone else see Tanya doing a radio show like I’m not sure why haha

Reactions: 1
I know she did. I clearly said she knew the right people. I don't think we're saying different things, you just misread what I said. Knowing the right people and having money doesn't get you far without talent, and the proof is in the Tanya pudding. Having talent alone isn't going to give you success either if you don't have a right network (as is the case in most jobs in this world, sadly) or money to keep you afloat while things happen for you but Tanya is all the proof we need that you might know a lot of people, you might have tons of money, but you still can't buy your way into success if you can't even act like a human with a pulse.

And Tanya wouldn't have any dreams if she didn't have money. If she hadn't had the lucky strike of knowing Sam and Nic and riding on their coattails and getting into Youtube at just the right time, she'd be a normal person, probably more mediocre than most because she seems to be completely uninterested in anything that isn't having people fawn over her.
I think it is a mix of both really, yes if you have money/connections it is SO much easier (in any career really, not just acting) but being without money probably pushes you to be more ambitious and work hard, which tanya doesn;t seem to be. I assume she just expects the kind of easy success she got from youtube tbh

Reactions: 5
How is she affording to live at this point? Sorry if this is a stupid question but she literally has tiny tiny acting parts and... that’s it right? She’s obviously given up her YouTube, makeup line etc. Does she do loads of insta ads or something? I’m genuinely curious. Maybe she was smart and invested her money wisely when she was at her peak I dunno.
Maybe if her career tanks Jim will end up having to pay Her spousal support. I doubt their divorce is finalized and Jim will need to get married
I think Jim probably did all of their finances.
Let's Hope she was sensible and didn't put much in a joint account and always has her own account he couldn't access then.

Reactions: 5
Also the thing with Emma is although she's from a well off background you feel like you can relate to her, she seems very down to earth and very greatful for the role she got to play in the Crown, but then I'm close to Emma's age maybe just a year or two older than her. Where as Tanya is just...... Meh

Reactions: 1
Look at Billie Piper - in the beginning probably nobody took her seriously as an actor as she was a teen pop star but she’s proved herself over the years.

Edited to say what I mean is if Tanya really was talented then YouTube wouldn’t hold her back because makers want to put good people in their productions - audiences want to watch talented people!

Reactions: 14
Also the thing with Emma is although she's from a well off background you feel like you can relate to her, she seems very down to earth and very greatful for the role she got to play in the Crown, but then I'm close to Emma's age maybe just a year or two older than her. Where as Tanya is just...... Meh
No I do agree but it’s a) I think an age/generational thing b)when you are actually talented you don’t need to act pretentious. Tanya has nothing to back her up so she feels to act like she’s an actOOORRR. Even when she talks about it in interviews I feel like she puts on a voice 🤣🤣like no one takes you seriously hun

• Haha
Reactions: 7
it’s easier for her to cope that way...blame YouTube. Probably helps her sleep at night

Reactions: 9
This dumb witch.

YouTube made her. MADE her, and is the sole reason she was able to even get an agent and start auditioning in the first place. Take away her online presence and all you have is an awkward plain Jayne with no talent who would have nothing.

I can't believe she doesn't see how incredibly privileged she is. Instead, denies that her position has helped her and even further, sees it as some hinderance. Right, Tanya. Getting the lead role in a play when you had no stage experience or any acting experience, for that matter, had absolutely nothing to do with being a famous YouTuber. Keep telling yourself it was because of your 'talent.' It all just comes down to your 'talent.' duck OFF.

Reactions: 27
She was stunt casted for the play & Holby City - casting directors clearly thought it would pull in the viewers and they were happy to sacrifice having someone that could actually act / casted in her 'films' as she's friends with Greta and helped finance them / and got her parts in Twist and Bulletproof as she embarrassingly arse licks the producers (Jason Maza & Noel Clarke) at every opportunity so was clearly given her two lines to shut her up.

she hasn't had a SINGLE part yet cast on talent! Not a single one of her 'credits'

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.