Tanya Burr #17 cool girl aesthetic, cool girl pathetic

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But that doesn’t mean she owes everything to them.
I use my company’s computer. I once borrowed an outfit for an interview. It doesn’t mean all my work achievements are down to these people.
Plenty of YTers copied the idea to do a beauty channel. Sam was an OG but plenty have tried and failed.
This isn’t about defending Tanya, but that you can’t remove credit from a person based on how they got started IMO. Very few people have a totally original idea and I don’t think she’s been cagey about saying Sam gave her her big break.
Ok so it wasn't all Sam. It was Dom Smales - Who she got connected with because of Sam, Nic and Jim. Yes plenty have tried and failed but the root of it all is still her personal connection to the Chapmans. Others did not have that. She got lucky and was put into this money making machine by a guy who saw the potential to get rich off of these empty vessels of people. They did what they were told, they participated in a manufactured friend group, they 'wrote' books and slapped their names on products.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
But that doesn’t mean she owes everything to them.
I use my company’s computer. I once borrowed an outfit for an interview. It doesn’t mean all my work achievements are down to these people.
Plenty of YTers copied the idea to do a beauty channel. Sam was an OG but plenty have tried and failed.
This isn’t about defending Tanya, but that you can’t remove credit from a person based on how they got started IMO. Very few people have a totally original idea and I don’t think she’s been cagey about saying Sam gave her her big break.
That's not even remotely the same though. You're using equipment . She used their audience, their ideas, their fame. I don't know what you do for work but let's say you're in insurance. This would be like you setting up your own firm, taking the clients of your old firm with you, and copying every single document they had, just using a different font.

Tanya got thousands of subscribers off Sam's back. Who knows how many more did she get because her account name was a variation of theirs, so she'd have shown up on the searches. She copied Sam's business model.

She was always a mediocre MUA on other people. Remember those videos with subscribers where she'd just scrub at people's faces and yank their eyelids and be overall terrible? No way would her side hustle kept up for long without YouTube. No way did she have talent to make it on her own.

She became bigger thanks to connections to other YouTubers like Zoe. She copied everything they did, including their personality.

Early Tanya videos showed her quiet and sullen. Then when Zoe became big, suddenly Tanya was bubbly and friendly and silly and approachable. She's a fake, uncreative person.

Her one talent back then was knowing who to copy. She now copies people whose style doesn't suit her and that's why she's more irrelevant than an expired pickle these days.
---
Ok so it wasn't all Sam. It was Dom Smales - Who she got connected with because of Sam, Nic and Jim. Yes plenty have tried and failed but the root of it all is still her personal connection to the Chapmans. Others did not have that. She got lucky and was put into this money making machine by a guy who saw the potential to get rich off of these empty vessels of people. They did what they were told, they participated in a manufactured friend group, they 'wrote' books and slapped their names on products.
Exactly. And to me, she'd have never been invited to be anyone by Dom without having met Sam through Jim. Without those connections, Tanya Burr would be back in Norfolk, having had a string of failed mediocre jobs and we would have never heard her name.

Reactions: 14
I don’t dispute she was in the right place at the right time and got very lucky but I still feel she has her own merit. Many have tried and failed and somehow, even if she copied, she made it work.
We can agree to disagree though.

Reactions: 5
That's not even remotely the same though. You're using equipment . She used their audience, their ideas, their fame. I don't know what you do for work but let's say you're in insurance. This would be like you setting up your own firm, taking the clients of your old firm with you, and copying every single document they had, just using a different font.

Tanya got thousands of subscribers off Sam's back. Who knows how many more did she get because her account name was a variation of theirs, so she'd have shown up on the searches. She copied Sam's business model.

She was always a mediocre MUA on other people. Remember those videos with subscribers where she'd just scrub at people's faces and yank their eyelids and be overall terrible? No way would her side hustle kept up for long without YouTube. No way did she have talent to make it on her own.

She became bigger thanks to connections to other YouTubers like Zoe. She copied everything they did, including their personality.

Early Tanya videos showed her quiet and sullen. Then when Zoe became big, suddenly Tanya was bubbly and friendly and silly and approachable. She's a fake, uncreative person.

Her one talent back then was knowing who to copy. She now copies people whose style doesn't suit her and that's why she's more irrelevant than an expired pickle these days.
---

Exactly. And to me, she'd have never been invited to be anyone by Dom without having met Sam through Jim. Without those connections, Tanya Burr would be back in Norfolk, having had a string of failed mediocre jobs and we would have never heard her name.
YES!
TanTan was destined to be the Poundland version of Boots' Sam, only for kids and pre-teens audiences. I'm old enough to remember that when Sam would post a smoky eye tutorial, a glitter tutorial, a MAC products tutorial, and whatnot, TanTan would follow suit. This pattern happened too many a time to be a simple coincidence.
So no, most definitely absolutely massively no, no merit from TanTan other than industrially copying Sam, then Sam and Nic.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
A trip away again….

no photos of wine or alcohol maybe she isn’t in fact moving and is pregnant after all 😂

A trip away again….

no photos of wine or alcohol maybe she isn’t in fact moving and is pregnant after all 😂
Nah she has posted drinks I stand corrected, but it is like Tanya bingo
- plenty of fit checks
- the best paella she has ever eaten
- lots of food because she is a skinny legend

…but why is she being gifted Marbella stays, ridiculous.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
- plenty of fit checks

House still isn't even under offer 🤭

• Wow
  • Haha
House still isn't even under offer 🤭
You mean no one wants the moldy patio?!
---
- plenty of fit checks

It's always the exact same. Location is irrelevant to these bozos.

YouTube Tanya was charismatic for sure. She might have been a mean girl in real life but she was certainly shiny on the vlogs. She was also really pretty but relatable with her size 14 jeans.

It was the acting dreams that killed everything for her. Perhaps shiny, glossy brunette Tan was an act so removed from who she really is that she assumed she could do any ol’ acting. I suspect she wanted more fame more than anything and thought Hollywood was waiting. Maybe if she’d have looked for roles that were more ‘Tanya‘ the YouTuber, she could have eased her way in but I think she also wanted cool fame more.

Honestly, I think it wasn’t just the acting dream that ruined everything, it was more like a perfect storm…Gleam combusted, her big obvious crush on that one guy (I wanna say Rhys??), her marriage that was essential to her YouTube persona fell apart, the views started tanking, people were losing interest in old school influencers, rise of tiktok, short form videos…

Reactions: 8
Honestly, I think it wasn’t just the acting dream that ruined everything, it was more like a perfect storm…Gleam combusted, her big obvious crush on that one guy (I wanna say Rhys??), her marriage that was essential to her YouTube persona fell apart, the views started tanking, people were losing interest in old school influencers, rise of tiktok, short form videos…
She also decided to do a 180 and go from the next girl door, bubbly persona to the sullen, self-serious, "It Girl" persona. And it was so obviously fake that no one resonated with it.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
She also decided to do a 180 and go from the next girl door, bubbly persona to the sullen, self-serious, "It Girl" persona. And it was so obviously fake that no one resonated with it.
yes it was so inauthentic and didn’t suit her at all. I guess she’s still going for it even now

Please can someone DM me the link to her rightmove page?

Has anyone here signed up to her book club? I was wondering what's happening with that because she was asking people to send her their email, and it's supposed to be happening next week. I wonder why she's doing this, is she going to be charging people to attend it? If she gets 100s of people signed up is she going to use it like Reece Witherspoon uses her book club to be a power-player in publishing? I am baffled, and wonder if this is anything to do with her big news and loads of admin she said she had going on. She can't just be so bored that she wants a little book and wine club each month with some followers... there must be a business angle.

Reactions: 1