Tanya Burr #14 Cheating on Jim was low but all we really want to know is where did Martha go?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just think Sarah is strange. They get engaged and she wants to get married so quickly perhaps to shove it in Tanya’s face. But then covid hits and that halts that goal, so then she gets pregnant? It’s like she wanted to push the knife into Tanya’s heart. I love that Tanya stays quiet and private and gives absolutely no fucks. I’m sure that really bugs Sarah. Also weird that she supposedly didn’t know Jim before but she liked Tanya’s pics a few months before they got together. Weird. I commented on her photo today just saying “what do you mean by selling magazines?” Because I was genuinely confused. But she blocked me and then like a few minutes later turned off the comments to her photo.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 25
I’m not sure it was in their best interests to divulge that information on social for the world to see, but neither her nor Jim are obliged to keep that secret for her. She chose to be unfaithful she should accept these things have a way of getting out eventually.
Sarah isn't obliged to do anything obviously, but it's still pretty gross and malicious to have wedged herself in other peoples' business and air out someone else's dirty laundry when it in no way concerns her, for the sole purpose of shaming them. The point is it wasn't ever her secret to tell. Would you be okay with your exes' new partners telling others about your most private moments? I sure wouldn't, and I wouldn't do that to anyone else either, regardless of how crappy it was.

Reactions: 38
Sarah isn't obliged to do anything obviously, but it's still pretty gross and malicious to have wedged herself in other peoples' business and air out someone else's dirty laundry when it in no way concerns her, for the sole purpose of shaming them. The point is it wasn't ever her secret to tell. Would you be okay with your exes' new partners telling others about your most private moments? I sure wouldn't, and I wouldn't do that to anyone else either, regardless of how crappy it was.
I’m not saying it’s not a crappy thing to do but I can understand how she ended up snapping being pitted against Tanya constantly with false accusations, bullying and having her baby and family harassed. Who wouldn’t want to set the record straight if people were making up flat out lies about you, your partners infidelity and your baby being ugly etc. Also people say it was one or two comments from troll accounts….. we don’t know what she received in her dm’s or elsewhere. I can sympathise with how that might feel.
But do I feel bad Tanya being called out for being the dirty cheater she clearly is? Hmmmm yea NO

Reactions: 12
I’m curious as to how calling Tanya a cheater is proving that her baby isn’t ugly? Strange connections being drawn here. ‘They called her baby UGLY so obviously she’s going to reveal that her husband’s last marriage ended in infidelity months before they met, thus destroying any claims about baby’s ugliness”.

Also Tanya doesn’t comment on it because….. she just doesn’t want to. So? I hope this is just misplaced Tanya irritation and you guys aren’t actually doormats who would do your ex’s bidding three years after a split because his new girlfriend is upset…

• Heart
Reactions: 81
I’m in awe at how many Tanya stans supporters there are still around. Heck, maybe her 3.3m IG follower count is real after all!

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I’m curious as to how calling Tanya a cheater is proving that her baby isn’t ugly?
she was referring to the assumption that if Tanya were the mother then the baby wouldn’t be ugly 🙄 look I’m not saying she made a lot of sense 😂 I’m just saying I can understand how maybe having comparisons to Tanya Burr, crazy fans, allegations of cheating on Jim’s behalf, nasty remarks about you and baby etc being rubbed in your face constantly *could* cause you to snap.

I’m in awe at how many Tanya stans supporters there are still around. Heck, maybe her 3.3m IG follower count is real after all!
all in damage control, furiously typing with clumpy lashes and chemical burns on their face 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Lol would it, like, provide you some strange comfort to ignore the reality of how deranged Sarah/Jim are to just performatively wax on about what a slut Tanya must be just for the sake of making sure you’re hitting a quota or something? I drag Tanya plenty of times, but discussing the situation truthfully to my own perspective doesn’t make me a stan or ‘supporter’, it means not playing into the stereotype people have of Tattle that people come just to hate regardless of the dynamics of any situation.

• Heart
Reactions: 67
A Q for tattlers: If Tanya and Jim (and by extension his sisters and brother) hadn't become 'famous' on youtube - do you think they would still be together? Do you think they would still have ended up married? Or split up well before that?

Reactions: 2
I am worried about Sarah. It’s very unhealthy behaviour from her, and I’d say it’s fairly certain she has been reading this forum. I googled ‘Tanya Burr cheating’ after she started throwing out those accusations and this thread was the first thing that came up after some generic ‘Tanya Burr and Jim Chapman have divorced’ articles, so I’m guessing she’s done the same with the same results.

With that in mind, I don’t want to drag her. For whatever reason she clearly is not very happy — happy people simply don’t obsess about their partner’s ex or stranger' opinions. Whatever you think of Tanya, she has clearly moved on with her life and has only ever had kind things to say publicly about Jim since their break. She has done relatively few interviews, and the main one she did was about her own life and the new future she was creating. I’m sure it helped a lot of women who may have gone through a divorce or serious break up to see a light at the end of the tunnel, and I don’t see why she should have to keep silent about her fear around that big life change — especially as she made it so clear it was not about Jim himself by saying he was still her best friend.

Ironically, the main message Tanya gave out in that interview was that she regretted oversharing online and had chosen to live more privately as a result — something Sarah could learn from.

Sarah I’m sure did receive a lot of negative attention at the start of her relationship with Jim given how soon it was since he had announced his divorce after so many years with Tanya. They built their relationship in the midst of this intensity — Jim fresh from a painful break up, Sarah newly in the public eye, the pair of them getting a lot of speculation thrown their way. It probably felt like them against the world and they bonded over this shared sense of injustice that people could judge them or think it was all a bit soon. It could be that proving everyone wrong (that she wasn’t a rebound, that Jim was ready to be with someone new) was at least a part of what kept them together. Sarah certainly derived satisfaction from it, she went back to reply to nasty comments on one of the first pictures they appeared in together a year later to 'remember the utter crap that was said.' Three years later they’re engaged and have a daughter and house, this should be their happily ever after where they settle down. But perhaps it feels a little flat now that they’re just living out the tiring life of new parents and don’t have any more drama fuelling them forwards. Perhaps the ‘us vs Tanya’ thing has become a toxic way to bond since it was forced on them when they were first together. Maybe since she was introduced as the new girlfriend after Tanya, three years later she remains paranoid that everyone is comparing her even when they’re not. Jim’s family and friends as well as strangers online. I worry she doesn’t have much of a support network of her own, if she did surely they would advise her against this behaviour. She should go to therapy if she isn’t already.

Sarah, if you’re reading this, please take care of yourself. Delete instagram from your phone and stop looking up what people irrelevant to your life are saying about you. It will all blow over in a couple of weeks and people will move on to the next thing. Don’t let insecurity stop you enjoying the first precious year of your daughter’s life. Having your attention taken up by such petty matters will affect her more than a bot comment she’ll never read. You’ll never get this time back.
This is such a thoughtful, perceptive and kind post. If you’re not a psychologist or counsellor, you should become one!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
duck me, all is not well in Jim and Sarah land, is it? "I respected my partner's wishes not to say anything...even when I was told my unborn child should die..." She is NOT happy with Jimbo.

Reactions: 38
Can someone write a fanfic of Sarah and Tanya dating way back in high school, falling in love, Tanya meeting a creepy, arrogant boy who has some crazy serial killer kink and stalks her around until she ultimately loves the attention then decides to go with him instead.

Sarah, a bitter ex, decides to make it her mission to get Tanya back. She watches them rise to fame on Youtube, become an "it" couple, and get married, meanwhile she watches from the shadows. She messages Tanya continuously on Instagram

"I know you still think about me"
"I do" replies Tanya. "But I'm straight now."
"Dating Jim makes you straight?"

Tanya smiles at her screen. God, that girl was funny. And sexy. But she ignores it for a life filled with degrading comments and being made fun of.

Sarah attempts to slide into DM's of other youtubers just so she can be on the same level as them, and perhaps talk to Tanya again. She won't give up this fight. But she's ignored. Again and again. Left on read.

Then... a miracle happens. They divorce. Tanya is single again. She waits for Sarah's message to appear in her DM's. This could be her chance. She's an actress now, dressing better, she's cool now. bleeping hell! A hot woman on her arm would just be the icing on the cake for this new, improved, artsy Tan. Plus, she still loves her.

But Sarah doesn't feel like being that nice. She's waited too long for this. She's been treated like crap. She's....

"Are you bleeping kidding me?!?!" Tanya screams at her screen as she notices Jim's new instagram post of him and.... Sarah.

Whatever will happen next?!?!?!?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
As T.Swift wisely said ‘nothing good starts in a getaway car’.

Whether there is overlap or not - the binfire of a divorce or breakup is not a solid place to build the foundations of a new relationship if - crucially - you are not emotionally ready. Yes there are exceptions but as general rule it’s a good one.

And I’m about to making a sweeping generalisation here but isn’t it so often the case that men don’t deal with their ✨stuff✨ and women are left with the fallout?

ie, it wouldn’t surprise me if a few pennies have dropped for Sarah but Jim won’t hear of it and as he is her fiancé and the father of her baby, she feels a bit emotionally stuck. Far easier to lash out at trolls/Tanya than accept you missed a bunch of red flags a few years ago.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
As T.Swift wisely said ‘nothing good starts in a getaway car’.

Whether there is overlap or not - the binfire of a divorce or breakup is not a solid place to build the foundations of a new relationship if - crucially - you are not emotionally ready. Yes there are exceptions but as general rule it’s a good one.

And I’m about to making a sweeping generalisation here but isn’t it so often the case that men don’t deal with their ✨stuff✨ and women are left with the fallout?
This 100%. If I went on a date with someone and they said they had just come out of a 12 year relationship with their childhood sweetheart a few months ago, I'd kindly run a mile. No matter how over it they seemed, no matter how amicable the breakup, no matter how long the relationship was winding down or supposedly over for before the eventual split.

I think it's easy to rush into something to fight the loneliness (you've just lost the person you told everything to and experienced everything with; even if you fell out of love with each other long ago, that's still a big deal), but I think it's always worth taking time after a breakup to think about what you want now (especially as Jim was over a decade older than he was when he began his relationship with Tanya), what you should do differently, who you are by yourself. I feel like if Jim did that at all it may have been only reactionary to his divorce —in that diary of a CEO interview he talks about how he wants someone who values him and communicates that, something that might have gone awry at the end of the last relationship.

Add to that how public Jim and Tanya's relationship was and it's just a whole other level of mess.

It's not to say Sarah and Jim can't be happy together and make it work, but I think they need to build some new strong foundations that have nothing to do with his past relationship and badmouthing Tanya is certainly not the way to go about that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 44
duck me, all is not well in Jim and Sarah land, is it? "I respected my partner's wishes not to say anything...even when I was told my unborn child should die..." She is NOT happy with Jimbo.
That's my issue with it. It's Jim she's not happy with here, not Tanya. Tanya did not send her those trolls, Tanya didn't have to say Sarah didn't cheat with Jim to 'defend' Sarah - Jim should be the one defending Sarah, not Tanya! Tanya very obviously wants nothing to do with them, it was Jim leaving all those comments under her Insta posts not the other way around, and they're hellbent on dragging her back into their obvious relationship problem drama. Sarah clearly doesn't 'get' how to behave as an influencer yet, and tbh it wouldn't actually surprise me if Jim is telling her 'it's Tanya's fault you're getting those trolls, if only Tanya said something it would all stop' but she should be able to work out for herself that Jim has said nothing to defend her and is even belittling her indirectly now saying he wants to stay out of the 'drama' because they're all 'adults'. Sarah is not acting like an adult right now and is the one creating the drama here, Jim is sitting back watching his new future wife try to start a public fight with his ex wife, and people think this is somehow Tanya's fault? It's nothing about supporting/stanning Tanya, this is just common sense.

This 100%. If I went on a date with someone and they said they had just come out of a 12 year relationship with their childhood sweetheart a few months ago, I'd kindly run a mile. No matter how over it they seemed, no matter how amicable the breakup, no matter how long the relationship was winding down or supposedly over for before the eventual split.
And I bet when he went on dates he said 'the relationship was over for a long time so mentally I'm over it' etc, because 'my ex of 12 years just cheated on me and I'm gutted' is not someone anyone with half a brain would start dating.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Conspiracy theory: what if Tanya gave her permission for Sarah & Jim to leak this as a way to gain more exposure ?? Any press is good press vibes? Her socials are certainly getting more engagement since.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
What I have seen time and time again is that when people are hurting at the end of a relationship, what they are attracted to next is ‘too much’ of the opposite of their former partner. The pendulum swings too hard the other way.

If the ex was ambitious and focused on her career goals - the next one prioritises me and has much less of a career/identity. If the ex was too independent (lol), the next one is financially dependent on me so I can call the shots. This can apply to physical appearance too.

What you want to do is process all that tit on your own, date if you want, but when you settle down next it’s when the pendulum of what you want (find attractive) has swung back so it’s somewhere in the middle. It needs to be about what you know deep down is good for you, not the strong opposite of what burnt you last time.

And it is so infuriating once you realise how normalised it is that a lot of men happily use women - partners, prospective partners, randoms at parties - as free therapists / dumping ground for unprocessed emotions. And it rarely works both ways. If Sarah had that type of support at home would she really be lashing out at trolls. Any hairline cracks in your relationship are blown wide open when you have a baby. The added pressure of choosing to live a portion of your life online for income is a lot. Sarah is not covering herself in glory here but she’s at a vulnerable point in her life. Tanya is doing all three a favour by remaining silent in the matter.

Ps Tanya remains an entitled idiot who can’t act and has a lot of fake followers
Pps where’s Martha

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I only followed this drama when it came out that Tanya cheated but by seeing all these threads, Sarah is obsessed with Tanya, I thought that would warrant a block from Tanya but I suppose she likes the attention ahaha

Reactions: 6
Just saw this in Tanya's stories. Is this her way of asking for a freebie from the brand? 🤮
Screenshot_20220202-131319.jpg

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.