Tanya Burr #14 Cheating on Jim was low but all we really want to know is where did Martha go?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks so @Former_Antelopee for the thread title!

Recap:

Well, Tanya's thread was pretty dead, as per, and then this happened:

Screenshot_20220128-161940.jpg

Yes, Sarah revealed that Tanya cheated on Jim, and in doing so she blew up the internet (Ha! Jim wishes!) but this has kept us entertained for the past few days.

Tanya has not commented on the situation.
Jim has commented only to say that he will not be commenting on the 'controversy' as he does not do drama and is an adult (The implication being that Sarah is not? Ouch!)
Sarah continues to comment on the situation (screenshots below) and seems unable to let it go.

We still don't know what happened to Martha.

Carry on!

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
Can’t get over the audacity of him saying he just wants to move on after this all came up because of them…

Honestly respect to Tanya for saying nothing. Must be tearing them apart that she hasn’t reacted when clearly so much of their time is spent thinking about her.

Reactions: 76
Damn, I never thought Tarn's thread would be exciting enough to warrant posting here! What stands out the most to me through all of this is that Jim is a gross manchild and I think Sarah needs to wake up to that and realize where the real problem lies. If Jim agreed that something really needed to be said and Tanya needed to be outed, he should have been the one to man up and say something, defending his partner and new baby and at the same time addressing the truth of HIS previous marriage. But no, instead he sits back and keeps his hands clean while Sarah deals with these comments, all while probably struggling with pregnancy hormones and insecurities that I'm sure he's been fueling during the entirety of their relationship. He's gross.

• Heart
Reactions: 81
Loving that Tanya seems unbothered by the "controversy". Must be driving Sarah and Jim up the wall.
What the hell were they expecting, honestly?

Sarah and Jim: *create some drama*
Sarah and Jim when the drama started unfolding:
surprised-pikachu.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 49
I think this sums it up amazingly well:

Tanya:

75b295044e9ec1e45edb12a1c0be812e.gif

Sarah:

507365993-tumblr_magxrt0tYX1qgbguro6_250.gif

Jim:

mean-grls-get-along.gif

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 110
I am worried about Sarah. It’s very unhealthy behaviour from her, and I’d say it’s fairly certain she has been reading this forum. I googled ‘Tanya Burr cheating’ after she started throwing out those accusations and this thread was the first thing that came up after some generic ‘Tanya Burr and Jim Chapman have divorced’ articles, so I’m guessing she’s done the same with the same results.

With that in mind, I don’t want to drag her. For whatever reason she clearly is not very happy — happy people simply don’t obsess about their partner’s ex or stranger' opinions. Whatever you think of Tanya, she has clearly moved on with her life and has only ever had kind things to say publicly about Jim since their break. She has done relatively few interviews, and the main one she did was about her own life and the new future she was creating. I’m sure it helped a lot of women who may have gone through a divorce or serious break up to see a light at the end of the tunnel, and I don’t see why she should have to keep silent about her fear around that big life change — especially as she made it so clear it was not about Jim himself by saying he was still her best friend.

Ironically, the main message Tanya gave out in that interview was that she regretted oversharing online and had chosen to live more privately as a result — something Sarah could learn from.

Sarah I’m sure did receive a lot of negative attention at the start of her relationship with Jim given how soon it was since he had announced his divorce after so many years with Tanya. They built their relationship in the midst of this intensity — Jim fresh from a painful break up, Sarah newly in the public eye, the pair of them getting a lot of speculation thrown their way. It probably felt like them against the world and they bonded over this shared sense of injustice that people could judge them or think it was all a bit soon. It could be that proving everyone wrong (that she wasn’t a rebound, that Jim was ready to be with someone new) was at least a part of what kept them together. Sarah certainly derived satisfaction from it, she went back to reply to nasty comments on one of the first pictures they appeared in together a year later to 'remember the utter crap that was said.' Three years later they’re engaged and have a daughter and house, this should be their happily ever after where they settle down. But perhaps it feels a little flat now that they’re just living out the tiring life of new parents and don’t have any more drama fuelling them forwards. Perhaps the ‘us vs Tanya’ thing has become a toxic way to bond since it was forced on them when they were first together. Maybe since she was introduced as the new girlfriend after Tanya, three years later she remains paranoid that everyone is comparing her even when they’re not. Jim’s family and friends as well as strangers online. I worry she doesn’t have much of a support network of her own, if she did surely they would advise her against this behaviour. She should go to therapy if she isn’t already.

Sarah, if you’re reading this, please take care of yourself. Delete instagram from your phone and stop looking up what people irrelevant to your life are saying about you. It will all blow over in a couple of weeks and people will move on to the next thing. Don’t let insecurity stop you enjoying the first precious year of your daughter’s life. Having your attention taken up by such petty matters will affect her more than a bot comment she’ll never read. You’ll never get this time back.

• Heart
Reactions: 96
This is the most attention they've all had in ages. Bet they're going to try and use it to shill stuff. Tanya will release an lipstick called 'Narcissist' or something like that.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Tanya's not being "the bigger person" by not responding. She prolly just knows the only response she can give has to include an admission or denial of being the one who cheated, which is something she doesn't wanna do because...well...obvs she was the one who cheated 🤷‍♀️ And come on, it's not like we didn't already know this way before Sarah's post 🥱

• Heart
Reactions: 65
I'd say that there's no guarantee Tanya did cheat. Sarah has made out that Tanya said Jim was 'scary' or violent which she literally never has, so she's hardly a credible witness. Especially since the other evidence (namely Jim and Tanya both stressing they were still friends after, Tanya remaining friendly with Jim's family) suggests otherwise. I think Tanya's right to not lower herself by addressing accusations made by someone who so wilfully misinterprets everything she says or does.

Reactions: 62
Here's a thought that has nothing to do with whether they cheated or not and Sarah is deranged or not but that to me, this whole drama made pretty obvious: every other time Tanya has been on the Daily Mail, she paid for it. This is the biggest drama she's had in years, certainly much more important than when the DM did some stories about her on the beach or smth. And yet, crickets. Why? Cause she was paying them and she's not paying them to promote that she's a cheater.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
I'd say that there's no guarantee Tanya did cheat. Sarah has made out that Tanya said Jim was 'scary' or violent which she literally never has, so she's hardly a credible witness. Especially since the other evidence (namely Jim and Tanya both stressing they were still friends after, Tanya remaining friendly with Jim's family) suggests otherwise. I think Tanya's right to not lower herself by addressing accusations made by someone who so wilfully misinterprets everything she says or does.
I was thinking this too. Sarah seems to have absolutely lost it, the PTSD thing she’s either made up completely or has gone way too far sharing that. But I think it does call into question whether any infidelity even happened now tbh especially with the other context you just mentioned. I don’t like Tanya at all but fabricating stuff like that makes Sarah one of the trolls she hates so much.

Reactions: 30
Here's a thought that has nothing to do with whether they cheated or not and Sarah is deranged or not but that to me, this whole drama made pretty obvious: every other time Tanya has been on the Daily Mail, she paid for it. This is the biggest drama she's had in years, certainly much more important than when the DM did some stories about her on the beach or smth. And yet, crickets. Why? Cause she was paying them and she's not paying them to promote that she's a cheater.
excellent point! the tabloids were right there when she had bikini pics to show off (even before her body transformation). also that weird pap walk she did with her new boyfriend. this whole scandal has proven how truly irrelevant all 3 of them are

Reactions: 18
She also said that she didn't know Jim when Tanya allegedly cheated, yet was liking her Insta photos when they (Tanya and Jim) were still together. So, I wouldn't take her word for granted.

• Wow
Reactions: 37
Meh. I’m still of the opinion if you cheat then you shouldn’t be surprised what happens/what is said by who after the fact. I personally wouldn’t be carrying Tanya Burr’s baggage and her dirty little secret forever 😂 screw the witch

• Heart
Reactions: 41
As much as I dislike all three in this dynamic, I think it’s Sarah who comes across the most pathetic and pettiest. In my view her response would only have been justified if it was Tanya who fired shots first and insinuated Jim cheated, but Tanya hasn’t opened her mouth (whether that is for self serving reasons isn’t the point) So her rant comes across like of weird and unfair.

If setting the record straight was all Sarah wanted to do then all she had to was say “I didn’t even know Jim when his marriage ended and Jim did not cheat in that relationship”. But she escalated it far beyond setting it straight and moved it into bitchy shots being fired by saying Tanya cheated. It was an unnecessary detail to her point but gold if her sole intention was to point score; which of course it was. Either way she comes across like a creepy freak. Who cares what faceless and nameless troll accounts are saying to you? Just block them and move on with your day!

And pffffffttt about wanting to protect your daughter, you have her splashed all over your Instagram for hundreds of thousands of strangers and weridos to see and comment on. Want to protect her? Then keep her off the damn thing. All in all I think it’s Sarah who looks the worse off here, she strikes me as someone who is quite petty and maybe jealous of the fact Jim was previously married and will drip little nuggets of info every now and again to taint what he and Tanya once had. Not the actions of a happy person. I dislike them all immensely but think she’s weird tbh. And above all else, she wasn’t there when the marriage ended. All she knows is what Jim told her, which of course is going to be to his favour. She should stfu on things she knows nothing about. It’s a bit Facebook chav having a rant about her fellas ex “nothin but snakes” vibes.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 79
I'll probably be in the minority, eventually, but I think it is true that Tanya cheated. I still believe the theory about Rhys (I will die on this hill lol), but I just don't know if it was physical or emotional.

It's hard not to when you had this openly suspicious "friendship" (especially, from Tanya's side) and now, somebody (who isn't just a tattler on the street) confirming the rumours. Though, that someboy shouldn't have been Sarah. Jim should've said this himself a LONG time ago.

Now, if Tanya did cheat with Rhys (it honestly could've been anybody if it is true), she probably just doesn’t want to say anything because he had/has a girlfriend. It's one thing to admit to cheating with some random hookup, but if it involves another, innocent person, then it just looks shady. Especially, since Tanya was hanging out with her.

If Tanya shines a light on this, people will start digging into the past, so it's better to keep quiet and make it seem like Sarah is just insecure.

That's just my opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Maybe it was just emotional cheating. Come off of it lol, I think that would be clarified if that was the case. And with the whole “respect Tanya for not mentioning their names once” thing, again…. she was trying to save face for her cheating scandal she would’ve been exposed loooooooong ago if she had’ve started tit. How is that not glaringly obvious.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Meh. I’m still of the opinion if you cheat then you shouldn’t be surprised what happens/what is said by who after the fact. I personally wouldn’t be carrying Tanya Burr’s baggage and her dirty little secret forever 😂 screw the witch
The point is that it isn't Sarah's business/baggage/whatever you wanna call it, to disclose to the world. The details of your partner's previous relationships are none of your business and it's not right to divulge private information to the entire internet like that when the person involved clearly doesn't consent to it. Cheating is obviously a horrible thing to do, but to keep trying to justify her being chastised and shamed and stripped of privacy by strangers online for something she did within the confines of a relationship is creepy and weird.

I wouldn't put it past Jim to have embellished his account of Tanya cheating. I feel like he would use anything from a one-sided crush on Rhys to her dating before their official divorce date to refer to as cheating in order to keep centering himself as the blameless doting husband who was wronged. She might very well have physically cheated but it just seems hard to believe as he was literally always so controlling and constantly keeping tabs on her, going as far as showing up to every single performance of her play. Not trying to justify or excuse cheating in any way at all, but I think a modicum of skepticism is necessary when it comes to the lines men feed their girlfriends about their exes, especially when it's a total narc like Jim. I'm sure he told Sarah about how Tanya cheated but gladly left out the parts about him essentially bullying and belittling her constantly and being super inappropriate with her friends.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
The point is that it isn't Sarah's business/baggage/whatever you wanna call it, to disclose to the world.
I’m not sure it was in their best interests to divulge that information on social for the world to see, but neither her nor Jim are obliged to keep that secret for her. She chose to be unfaithful she should accept these things have a way of getting out eventually.

I wouldn't put it past Jim to have embellished his account of Tanya cheating.
if Tanya didn’t actually cheat I’m sure she or someone would’ve set the record straight on that one by now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.