Tanya Burr #12 Fake smiling like a dumbass freak, bathtub, hairy arm. Rinse. Repeat.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel a teensy bit mean, as it doesn’t look bad here…but what she’s describing and showing are what you would expect even for the cheapest mascara available?! I bought her last mascara in the gold packaging and it was pretty good from what I remember, so a bold move to release a new one years later that looks of poorer quality for more £

Reactions: 6

Only video so far. Lip balm seems useless, brow gel is just average, and putting a runny liquid tinted moisturizer in a squeeze tube? Big NOPE.

The overall vibe I'm getting is that people like the tinted moisturizer and mascara, but I can see them forgetting about them and reaching for something else, TBH. There's just nothing special about any of the products that makes them stick.

Maybe if they were cheaper, but they don't have anything that sets them apart from similar brands already on the market. In fact, they're lacking in comparison. I mean the ingredients aren't great, there's no added benefits like SPF or infusions which is typical for a TM - like, what even is the hydrating or moisturizing ingredient(s) in it?? The description talks nothing about the formula in regards to the skincare factor. Packaging isn't pretty or luxe, and if Tanya had to powder the tit out of her face to the point that it looked dusty + put dot filters on to hide her clumpy lashes, then the performance isn't as great as they claim.

I genuinely, really and truly, do not know why anyone would spend their money on this. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 18

Only video so far. Lip balm seems useless, brow gel is just average, and putting a runny liquid tinted moisturizer in a squeeze tube? Big NOPE.

The overall vibe I'm getting is that people like the tinted moisturizer and mascara, but I can see them forgetting about them and reaching for something else, TBH. There's just nothing special about any of the products that makes them stick.

Maybe if they were cheaper, but they don't have anything that sets them apart from similar brands already on the market. In fact, they're lacking in comparison. I mean the ingredients aren't great, there's no added benefits like SPF or infusions which is typical for a TM - like, what even is the hydrating or moisturizing ingredient(s) in it?? The description talks nothing about the formula in regards to the skincare factor. Packaging isn't pretty or luxe, and if Tanya had to powder the tit out of her face to the point that it looked dusty + put dot filters on to hide her clumpy lashes, then the performance isn't as great as they claim.

I genuinely, really and truly, do not know why anyone would spend their money on this. 🤷‍♀️
The price point is just insane. Who wants to pay 20 quid for a mascara with zero brand recognition, reviews, etc?

Kudos to this girl for being the only person to buy all 4 products with her own money :p I thought everything looked very mediocre. Like, this girl has pretty good skin naturally and the tinted moisturizer didn't really do anything to improve it, no real difference. The mascara... looks like a poor man's Maybelline Great Lash and that's cheap as hell. The brow gel looks pretty useless, maybe because the girl got the shade wrong, but it just didn't seem to do much. And the lip balm looked gross and then useless.

Reactions: 8
Screenshot_20211001-134923_Samsung Internet.jpg

Did this comment come from someone here? Lol.

It still baffles me that Tanya decided to release a makeup line after completely snubbing her own beauty career.

Reactions: 27
This new ‘business’ just seems like a very badly organised side hustle rather than actually having much focus on it being successful. It won’t last long!

Reactions: 9
The whole thing seems like it was thought up by Team Inspire from The Apprentice during "build a brand" week.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I’m just guessing here but I reckon there’s much more money going out than there is coming in!

Reactions: 5
The weird things is, that despite this looks like a glossier dupe, it still had potential to be a successful launch if they would have done something to promote it and not just toss it out on their website. If she would have posted sneak peeks throughout the months before the launch and show that how invested she’s in the making of the products, hype up how recyclable the packaging is etc…she gets her living using social media and she still has no idea how it works and she put zero effort into this.

Reactions: 9
The weird things is, that despite this looks like a glossier dupe, it still had potential to be a successful launch if they would have done something to promote it and not just toss it out on their website. If she would have posted sneak peeks throughout the months before the launch and show that how invested she’s in the making of the products, hype up how recyclable the packaging is etc…she gets her living using social media and she still has no idea how it works and she put zero effort into this.
Yup she could have made it super interesting and brought her audience on the journey, exploring format options, doing polls asking preferences etc. But she did the classic secret project in the works and now it’s just come out of left field. She could have done make-up looks and tutorials in the build up. All so badly planned.

Reactions: 14
Because she is the big and famous actress Tanya blaaaahhh.
Her MAIN focus is the acting carreer. Duh 😝😝 she is like julia roberts, cate blanchett or jlo. Actress and advertising beauty products !!🤭🤭🤭

Reactions: 5
They had an ‘in’ with the idea of the capsule edit of your four go-to products… that was it, that’s what they had to capitalize on and market. Find innovative ways to push that message and you could have people buying four products in one go. So I don’t know how it became the whole ‘rewrite the narrative’/write on your hand thing for weeks which made no sense and went nowhere! Let your products find a place and see how people respond and grow your ideas from there.

If you look at, for example, Glossier… they led their marketing with the products themselves— but with the aesthetic of an emerging, natural Insta vibe and a young millennial/Gen Z approach to buying skincare and makeup, a contrast to the overdone glam makeup that has dominated the mid 2010s. The whole ethos of Glossier then grew around the products and the Glossier aesthetic… progressiveness, earth based, less frills, fun, etc. They didn’t come out of the gate like “duck makeup! Save the earth!” They led with an idea of their products and the consumers responded to the image.
Or Fenty… they were very much marketing a makeup line, but they just dropped a huge shade range and used diverse models. But they backed it up with new products that were exciting and people wanted to try. The social justice label that follows Fenty now grew naturally out of audience response and a clear desire from the company from the start to cater to a diverse market… with products.

But with Authored, it’s like they wanted that progressive vibe and that audience response but with nothing to back it up and no clear logic or meaning behind it. None of their ~evocative~ phrases made any sense and then it turned out they had nothing to say regardless. They should’ve really marketed the idea of four well developed, environmentally friendly capsule products and allowed the consumers to intuit the meaning.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Shes said on her insta or authored insta you can enter for a chance to meet her and discuss make up and the brand and yet again, gleam did NOT repost anything, I honestly think they already dropped her they just haven't removed her from their site yet, its insane how they post louise pentland when she released purses will post everyone else but not tanya when she launches a nee business, bit suspicious🧐

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Shes said on her insta or authored insta you can enter for a chance to meet her and discuss make up and the brand and yet again, gleam did NOT repost anything, I honestly think they already dropped her they just haven't removed her from their site yet, its insane how they post louise pentland when she released purses will post everyone else but not tanya when she launches a nee business, bit suspicious🧐
Lol who wants to meet her ? 🤣🤣🤣
To talk about make up...yeah right she will make you watch her 1 sec acting gags and confirm on Wikipedia her "acting" journey. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Shes worked so much with missoma im surprised she didnt post anything from the event, didnt tag her outfit and makeup artist

Reactions: 2
Sam Chapmans live today, she was asked about what products of Tanyas new makeup Authored she likes. Sam said never heard of it and didnt know Tanya had launched it. I thought they all still speak...guess not...

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 77
Sam Chapmans live today, she was asked about what products of Tanyas new makeup Authored she likes. Sam said never heard of it and didnt know Tanya had launched it. I thought they all still speak...guess not...
Awkward.
Or she has tried it and doesn't want to a) say it is tit b) endorse it knowing it is tit.

Having said that she isn't really known for her tact is she.

Reactions: 12
Sam stopped following Tanya recently too. Wish she had saved her live, would have loved to hear her saying all that.

Reactions: 14
Awkward.
Or she has tried it and doesn't want to a) say it is tit b) endorse it knowing it is tit.

Having said that she isn't really known for her tact is she.

That’s true her tact isn’t her best quality or maybe she’s fed up being asked about Tanya and anything related to her! I doubt they would have been friends if she wasn’t married to her brother. Jim has moved on and has a family now so she really isn’t a part of her life anymore

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.