Tamara Ecclestone #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't really feel sorry for Tamara's robbery, they flaunt themselves on social media surely as she's a billionaires daughter she could afford a 24/7 security guard at her empty property.

Reactions: 9
I don't really feel sorry for Tamara's robbery, they flaunt themselves on social media surely as she's a billionaires daughter she could afford a 24/7 security guard at her empty property.
They did have security. I’m guessing the security guard from that night doesn’t work for them anymore.

Reactions: 9
I just watched the show tonight, had to laugh at the 'wendy house', i.e. a child size version of their own mansion. The lighting was terrible in Tamara's interview, she is so very well spoken, by comparison Jay has a real rough boy accent, same as Petra's husband.

Whatever the security guard was up to, he wasn't doing any security that night, the burglars had 1 whole hour to help themselves and security hadn't locked the jewellery / safe room door properly.

I really do feel sorry for her, it is a horrible invasion and quite terrifying, particularly that everything points to it being an inside job.

There is a video of Petra playing tennis in Gstaad, she is skin and bone, really does look unwell.

Reactions: 13
Regardless whether you have millions in the bank or not, having someone attack a member of your family can’t be nice. I totally admire and support them for standing up to these people.
Whether we agree or not how they live their lives, nobody deserves to have their home invaded. Tamara is a huge giver to charity and I personally think they are a lovely family.

Regardless whether you have millions in the bank or not, having someone attack a member of your family can’t be nice. I totally admire and support them for standing up to these people.
Whether we agree or not how they live their lives, nobody deserves to have their home invaded. Tamara is a huge giver to charity and I personally think they are a lovely family.
I feel like you might be in the wrong place if you think they’re lovely…

Reactions: 8
I also think that Tamara and Petra and lovely. There is no reason why people can't use the same thread to share their opinions.

If someone invaded my property and I had money, you bet that I would give money to anyone who could grab the criminals and bring my belongings.

Reactions: 8
It’s always interesting when people think that she’s a huge giver to charity. The last time that she actively fundraised for GOSH was in 2014 when it was a charity fundraiser that raised £900,000. That was affiliated with Formula 1 and the money was raised by ticket sales and an auction. Whilst it is admirable, it’s not like it was a donation from her own pocket, it was money raised from a party. She hasn’t hosted a single fundraiser for GOSH since, perhaps because she and her family are not longer affiliated with F1 and F1 aren’t using it as a tax write off. What she has publicly done is have her assistant auction her used clothes on eBay and donate the proceeds to charity. She also buys toys for GOSH at Christmas time.

Now obviously there could be anonymous donations made to charity that are not available for the public to see but considering her complete lack of desire for privacy or discretion this seems unlikely. There was also the time she donated £1000 to an end of school friend who had terminal cancer on gofundme and when she got called out for her crappy donation Jay barreled in stating that they can’t give to everyone.

The fact that she has the financial ability to give £6million to sources who can provide information about the burglary is pretty gross when you think that anyone that would actually have detailed and resourceful information is likely not the most upstanding person or is someone that has the means the acquire information. Think of how much good £6 million pounds could do.

Long story short, yes they give money to charity but generous they are not.

Reactions: 21
If billionaires paid their fair share of tax we wouldn’t need charity. The amount of money they’ve hoarded is gross.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
It’s always interesting when people think that she’s a huge giver to charity. The last time that she actively fundraised for GOSH was in 2014 when it was a charity fundraiser that raised £900,000. That was affiliated with Formula 1 and the money was raised by ticket sales and an auction. Whilst it is admirable, it’s not like it was a donation from her own pocket, it was money raised from a party. She hasn’t hosted a single fundraiser for GOSH since, perhaps because she and her family are not longer affiliated with F1 and F1 aren’t using it as a tax write off. What she has publicly done is have her assistant auction her used clothes on eBay and donate the proceeds to charity. She also buys toys for GOSH at Christmas time.

Now obviously there could be anonymous donations made to charity that are not available for the public to see but considering her complete lack of desire for privacy or discretion this seems unlikely. There was also the time she donated £1000 to an end of school friend who had terminal cancer on gofundme and when she got called out for her crappy donation Jay barreled in stating that they can’t give to everyone.

The fact that she has the financial ability to give £6million to sources who can provide information about the burglary is pretty gross when you think that anyone that would actually have detailed and resourceful information is likely not the most upstanding person or is someone that has the means the acquire information. Think of how much good £6 million pounds could do.

It's how billionaires stay rich being tight. £1000 donation is pitiful though to an old school friend with her wealth! It's the equivalent of us mere mortals giving 10p.

Talking from personal experience. Tamara is extremely generous. She often donates the children clothes to people and buys thousands of toys for Great Ormand street at Christmas.

Reactions: 4
I also think that Tamara and Petra and lovely. There is no reason why people can't use the same thread to share their opinions.

If someone invaded my property and I had money, you bet that I would give money to anyone who could grab the criminals and bring my belongings.
yeah but people get robbed every single day, sometimes millions of pounds worth of stuff. Why does she deserve so much air time and pity for it? It’s not like any of this is in the public interest. Just some heiress who wants her sparkles back. What about my mate who had millions worth of farm equipment stolen that he actually needs to earn an income? What about the £10k life savings that was stolen from my husbands elderly aunt? It sucks but… join the queue love, some people get robbed and lose everything. Life goes on for her. I find it extremely bad taste.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
yeah but people get robbed every single day, sometimes millions of pounds worth of stuff. Why does she deserve so much air time and pity for it? It’s not like any of this is in the public interest. Just some heiress who wants her sparkles back. What about my mate who had millions worth of farm equipment stolen that he actually needs to earn an income? What about the £10k life savings that was stolen from my husbands elderly aunt? It sucks but… join the queue love, some people get robbed and lose everything. Life goes on for her. I find it extremely bad taste.
Agree, leaves a bad taste and lacks dignity when someone moans about it as much as she has, it's not like she can't pay for top notch security, clearly her security on the night didn't do their job properly.

It's how billionaires stay rich being tight. £1000 donation is pitiful though to an old school friend with her wealth! It's the equivalent of us mere mortals giving 10p.
Yep, I have a relative who is a multi millionaire and he's the tightest man you can meet, all suits bought in the sales, around the house turning off lights, hates food wastage. Nice man though.

Reactions: 5

The fact that she is given airtime for the robbery is awful but so is everything else around us. I find that it is in bad taste for a jobless family to live off the British taxpayers but some people love the royal family and even watch entire series or documentaries about them.

The airtime was given for the same reason there is a thread about the ecclestone : people have opinions in regards to other people's lives. It's been like that for centuries and will keep going.

As I said previously, different opinions can be shared within the same thread. This is the entire reason of existence of a forum.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.