Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Greencatfysh

VIP Member
But its pretty obvious up front that eating intuitively and weight loss (or "change in body composition") don't go hand in hand.
Yeah of course, but I think the message is mostly for me that for most of us, you can’t just “eat intuitively” without being prepared to see weight gain. Like the image says, I’d eat a 4 person portion of popcorn (and lots of other foods) each day without even batting an eyelid

Reactions: 4

S1920

VIP Member
FYI Tally - we can see that the initial links to the Debobbler and Steamer haven't stopped working. You've added the new ones because they are an #afflink
At least be transparent with your followers.

How come the original weren't affiliate? (I don't know how it works).

She looks bigger in her latest picture today?

Last edited:

Imah

Chatty Member
Meh whilst I’m in agreement Tally doesn’t look great it’s personal opinion and I think it’s unfair to suggest just because we don’t think she does her partner must think the same. Looks so fade unfortunately and real love is beyond looks. They seem like a pretty sound couple in the videos they post together, and tbh he may not be this big saint himself.

Ups27

VIP Member
I have to say what Jack wrote about her was so lovely and sweet. My husband calls me "disgusting" and a "f'ing re**td".
The whole thing he wrote was so lovely! About her and about his friends, he was so grateful 😭 she’s done well there haha

martaS

VIP Member
Why do they think we want to see their red puffy faces? I look super ugly after crying (I have small eyes so when they're puffy, they're just two lines 😂), I don't want anyone to see me like this this

• Haha

StillLucilleBluth

VIP Member
I feel like she's lost her motivation and fitness. Probably because she chooses not to weight lift as she finds it too competitive. Probably scared she will get addicted again and trigger an ED. I know plenty of strong girls who are slim and healthy without ripped abs.
This is a fair point about addiction / disordered eating etc. I hadn’t thought of that. In which case reduced fitness is the lesser of two “evils” (wrong word but you know what I mean).

I just thought intuitive movement was still geared towards fitness and strength, but I probably misunderstood it.

Glad to find a thread on Tally. I read her book (it was a gift) and I had some doubts but some of it made sense. Then I started following her on Insta and yeah I just don’t get it. Latest stories of her on the beach - my immediate thought was that she was trying to look as big as possible. But she doesn’t look healthy and I don’t think she has the balance right. I am bigger than her but know that if I followed intuitive eating and moving I would just gain more and more weight until I was extremely obese.

I think she will lose weight for the wedding and pretend it wasn’t intentional.

I didn’t know her before at all though, literally only came across her in the last 2-3 months. Where can I find some of her old posts/photos? I’m intrigued.

pennypinchpam

VIP Member
Intuitive eating is a style of eating that is not influenced by modern diet culture. As someone who was heavily influenced by toxic fitness influencers ways of eating and weird "food rules" I gave myself as a result, I really think intuitive eating is something all of us should aim for.

It's not about greed or eating as much as you can or only eating junk. The idea is that you eat intuitive amounts of food that is appropriate for you at that time. The way you eat isn't guided by the number of calories or an aesthetic aspiration. Most fitness influencers you see make a conscious effort to hit X calories or X grams of protein, or restrict carbs because they want to look a certain way etc. That's not intuitive eating as you're tuning into external influence rather than just going with the flow. People assuming intuitive eating means always eating cake and fizzy drinks is a gross misconception. Intuitive eating to me is not restricting my food or deliberately changing the way I eat because I had a big meal on the weekend. It's the idea that starving yourself throughout the day to "save calories" for a big evening meal is ridiculous because you still need food to get you through the earlier parts of the day. It's about giving yourself permission to eat maybe the less healthy options at special occasions and not feel guilty about it. It's about not obsessing about needing to eat the lowest calorie/lowest fat/highest protein option too because you appreciate that one important purpose of food is to also nourish the soul and sometimes your food choices need to honour that. Yes, it should also be about eating healthily but not in the extreme, I-need-to-weigh-every-gram-of-butter-I-spread-on-my-toast, Myfitnesspal obsessed way that you generally see on social media.

Thanks for listening to my TED talk.
If it’s a tool or mechanism to overcome EDs or disordered eating patterns then I can understand giving it a name like “intuitive eating”. But to me it sounds exactly like eating sensibly, in moderation with balance. Which is what has been preached for decades by health pros and science and as someone else has commented, people have been doing without calling it “intuitive”. But I guess eat with common sense doesn’t sound ground breaking or catchy (fair enough, because it isn’t) and that’s where my disdain for terms such as “intuitive eating” being pushed by non professionals with a following on Instagram comes from. Especially since their engaged following are probably vulnerable women with food and body image issues already and taking advice from someone with questionable qualifications and practices (her “intuitive eating” only comes into play when she shares her “naughty meals”, and she shows nothing to balance that, which gives a very distorted message).

This is all just common sense. However, I don’t believe that allowing yourself to indulge in high calorie and junk foods DAILY (when you know it’s not good for your overall health) is being intuitive at all. She’s completely lost the whole meaning of ‘balance’ and has gone from one extreme to the other, that’s the problem.
I don’t know if she eats junk, highly processed, high calorie stuffed with refined sugar and artery clogging stuff everyday, but as someone that preaches “Intuitive Eating” it sure does seem to be pretty one way from her content as she never shares her balance.
No one will ever get away from science - input vs output, with regards to nutrition. Hence her content is actually harmful to anyone looking to lead a healthier lifestyle. But then again, anyone wanting to make lifestyle changes with regards to their health based on what someone with zero qualifications says online needs a good wobble.

Also, if I have indulged on the weekend, I do make more sensible choices during the week with regards to food. That’s not called restricting, or punishing. It’s called common sense. I cannot continue binging throughout the week as well without seeing adverse affects on my overall health.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Roseannanna

I have nothing against her and tbh am more just interested in others’ views. I know she’s all about intuitive movement but reading the stories from her ski trip she also says she’s way less fit now and has struggled. Weight gain aside, surely losing fitness and strength is objectively not good? Ergo, intuitive movement perhaps isn’t all it’s cracked up to be? Or am I being harsh or missing the point?
I feel like she's lost her motivation and fitness. Probably because she chooses not to weight lift as she finds it too competitive. Probably scared she will get addicted again and trigger an ED. I know plenty of strong girls who are slim and healthy without ripped abs.

prive0505

Chatty Member
Exactly how I feel and so I hate when they try and generalise that everyone feels that way. Alice’s new book is apparently about how she’s given up on trying to be smaller and is focusing on being happier (whilst coming across as so miserable in her body 😂)
Anything to make £££. No morals whatsoever. Who does she actually think she’s fooling? She’s a hot mess 😅