Tally Rye

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All I can hear is Moan moan Moan look at my ring Moan moan ...why does she look like she hasn't slept for weeks ?? If i started following her now about intuitive eating etc and seeing her stories and how unhealthy she looks ,I'd question it whether it is a good idea šŸ‘
What is she seriously having to juggle compared to the average person worrying about the cost of living crisis?!? So out of touch

• Heart
Reactions: 14
duck me, surely this is a bit of a reach? leaving 3 small carrots on your plate is now classed as intuitive eating and sheā€™s proud of herself for not eating them.

62E7D3AE-FA47-46D4-9114-06D25B299CD0.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
47A703B4-9C50-4FDF-AB6B-DD1B3954F8EB.png

No Tally, not all food us ā€˜neutralā€™. Some foods have nutritional value, some donā€™t. šŸ™„

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Itā€™s also a weird waste of food to randomly throw away four carrots. Maybe eat less during the day if youā€™re that full during dinner!

Reactions: 9
Bloody hell, she is becoming insufferable.

Between this and the post about eating a mince pie while sat on the sofaā€¦ how is she writing this with a straight face?

It's just absolute nonsense isn't it. It's like she looks at every tiny detail of her day to see if she can turn it into content now. Leaving three small bits of cold, overcooked carrot on a plate isn't that deep

And I guess it's some sort of daft intuitive eating mantra, but what does she mean by saying all food is neutral?

Reactions: 7
Tally now turns everything into intuitive..not moving from the sofa all day..intuitive! Eating loads of crap..intuitive! Iā€™m all for letting go of the ā€˜clean eatingā€™ mindset but sheā€™s done a full 180 and itā€™s not actually healthy

Reactions: 12
And I guess it's some sort of daft intuitive eating mantra, but what does she mean by saying all food is neutral?
It means no foods are ā€œgoodā€ or ā€œbadā€. So I guess in tallyā€™s book for the next few weeks Iā€™m gonna have a tub of Ben and Jerryā€™s for dinner. No bad things will come of that will they?

Reactions: 5
i think the intuitive eating movement became quite popular last year(?) and it is actually a very easy movement to monetise. you don't have to believe in any of it and literally spin any moment in your life to say 'oh this is what i needed please unlearn bad behaviours!'

i think this is becoming really obvious in her content. before she would post more gym focused things and lean less into the morality of exercise and food but since she's gained weight and lost some engagement (i assume) the obvious answer is body positivity/intuitive eating. it's so frustrating because this is so common with this brand of influencers and they don't post anything of actual help, saying that food is not 'good' or 'bad' is the most basic introduction to people and it does not help anyone deconstruct anything about the diet industry, it's a cheap cash grab that aims at a vulnerable market (people that are unhappy with themselves and fat people), and there's no uplifting of any fat voices, any intuitive eating or joyful exercise accounts or any male voices in the space (except her podcast of course, which is still on the surface and serves HER specifically).

this always makes me so incredibly angry because it always comes after people gain weight, when they were smaller they would not really engage in this content because it wouldn't be the most profitable. what it shows is once it affects you, you have to care about it. she has not had empathy for people unhappy about themselves until that became her.

people do not hear to leave some carrots if they're not hungry!! they need inclusive gymwear, accessible exercising, easy balanced meals, an understanding of food, extremely basic cooking tutorials, different gym sessions based on time/access, how to know if exercise is joyful or not! tally saying how she didn't finish some food or she sat on the sofa because she was tired is so insulting and not helpful at all, but to people not in the space they'll think she's inspiring and helpful when she's tainting the movement from what it's meant to be. people do not have the luxury to go to bed when they feel tired, people do not have the money to always leave food - how do we manage this?

apologies for the rant, i hate rich influencers who solely profit off a movement that is not intended to serve them while giving no real advice or action to help the people it's meant to serve.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
i think the intuitive eating movement became quite popular last year(?) and it is actually a very easy movement to monetise. you don't have to believe in any of it and literally spin any moment in your life to say 'oh this is what i needed please unlearn bad behaviours!'

i think this is becoming really obvious in her content. before she would post more gym focused things and lean less into the morality of exercise and food but since she's gained weight and lost some engagement (i assume) the obvious answer is body positivity/intuitive eating. it's so frustrating because this is so common with this brand of influencers and they don't post anything of actual help, saying that food is not 'good' or 'bad' is the most basic introduction to people and it does not help anyone deconstruct anything about the diet industry, it's a cheap cash grab that aims at a vulnerable market (people that are unhappy with themselves and fat people), and there's no uplifting of any fat voices, any intuitive eating or joyful exercise accounts or any male voices in the space (except her podcast of course, which is still on the surface and serves HER specifically).

this always makes me so incredibly angry because it always comes after people gain weight, when they were smaller they would not really engage in this content because it wouldn't be the most profitable. what it shows is once it affects you, you have to care about it. she has not had empathy for people unhappy about themselves until that became her.

people do not hear to leave some carrots if they're not hungry!! they need inclusive gymwear, accessible exercising, easy balanced meals, an understanding of food, extremely basic cooking tutorials, different gym sessions based on time/access, how to know if exercise is joyful or not! tally saying how she didn't finish some food or she sat on the sofa because she was tired is so insulting and not helpful at all, but to people not in the space they'll think she's inspiring and helpful when she's tainting the movement from what it's meant to be. people do not have the luxury to go to bed when they feel tired, people do not have the money to always leave food - how do we manage this?

apologies for the rant, i hate rich influencers who solely profit off a movement that is not intended to serve them while giving no real advice or action to help the people it's meant to serve.
Youā€™ve hit the nail on the head

• Heart
Reactions: 4
And also does she not push herself in anything anymore, itā€™s always a light workout and meeting her body where itā€™s comfortable. Pushing yourself out of your comfort zone occasionally and mixing it up is actually good for you both physically and mentally.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Couldn't love this more šŸ™šŸ™ā™„

Reactions: 1
And also does she not push herself in anything anymore, itā€™s always a light workout and meeting her body where itā€™s comfortable. Pushing yourself out of your comfort zone occasionally and mixing it up is actually good for you both physically and mentally.
She worked out with Zanna yesterday so sheā€™s probably feeling it todayā€¦ Zannaā€™s idea of a light work out day is three hours in the gym + a HIIT session and a 4 hour walk through the countryside

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Iā€™ve said it before and Iā€™ll say it again - I donā€™t give a ratā€™s arse what size Tally is. But she looks sooo pasty, all bloated, dark circles and eye bags, blotchy skin. You can eat intuitively and not eat crap all day. Sheā€™s milking her desire to do duck all and has tried to turn it into a money spinner. Privileged, fake and irritating.

Reactions: 17
Iā€™ve said it before and Iā€™ll say it again - I donā€™t give a ratā€™s arse what size Tally is. But she looks sooo pasty, all bloated, dark circles and eye bags, blotchy skin. You can eat intuitively and not eat crap all day. Sheā€™s milking her desire to do duck all and has tried to turn it into a money spinner. Privileged, fake and irritating.
I couldnā€™t agree more. Her friend Curvy Living is heavier than her but looks so much healthier

Reactions: 8
question: ive gained quite a bit of weight since giving birth 6 months ago due to low self care and not prioritising myself over baby (just grabbing whatever for tea, naughty on-the-go snacks etc), and Dr said today that my blood tests show high cholesterol which made me think.... i wonder if Tally could be the same? it's symptom-free! xx

Reactions: 3
Agreed. I believe that everyone is healthy at a different size and weight and to some extent I think Tally is naturally on the larger size and must have been restricting a lot and over-exercising for years to be the size she once was, however the way she looks now just cannot be healthy - not in terms of her size but her complexion, water retention etc. it does not look healthy/glowing etc.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.