Tally Rye

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Pay a fortune to learn how to get overweight and unhealthy like me! Err no thanks!

Reactions: 4
I cannot begin to understand why anyone would pay that much money to stay in a villa with her. Some people have more money than sense.

Reactions: 8
I cannot begin to understand why anyone would pay that much money to stay in a villa with her. Some people have more money than sense.
I’m not seeing any intuitive training happening? Is it just eating and chatting? I’d rather do that with my friends than pay that much for the privilege of being around Tally’s odious personality and a bunch of random women.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Last thing I would want is to learn her bad habits and routines! It's hardly inspiring!

Reactions: 10
I’m not seeing any intuitive training happening? Is it just eating and chatting? I’d rather do that with my friends than pay that much for the privilege of being around Tally’s odious personality and a bunch of random women.
That's true - can a pre-organised group dance session and all the other organised activities be considered "intuitive"? (And can you tell I don't really understand this whole thing?!)

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Maybe it’s just my introverted self but I can’t think of much worse than spending thousands on staying in a villa with strangers, and then having to go around the table and explain to their face why they’re so amazing 🫣🫣🫠🫠 it just seems so fake and forced. I wouldn’t even do that with my girlfriends of 25 years!

809AEA40-5CAB-4429-979B-8F261BF33458.png

• Sick
  • Wow
Maybe it’s just my introverted self but I can’t think of much worse than spending thousands on staying in a villa with strangers, and then having to go around the table and explain to their face why they’re so amazing 🫣🫣🫠🫠 it just seems so fake and forced. I wouldn’t even do that with my girlfriends of 25 years!

View attachment 1596421
This is my introverted self’s idea of abject misery and hell. 😳

• Haha
  • Heart
This is my introverted self’s idea of abject misery and hell. 😳
I can’t imagine being the type to part with 2k to pay for validation from strangers. It baffles me.
Fair play to Tally. She’s found enough insecure women to flog it to. The ultimate hustle.

Reactions: 17
I can’t imagine being the type to part with 2k to pay for validation from strangers. It baffles me.
Fair play to Tally. She’s found enough insecure women to flog it to. The ultimate hustle.
This. Apart from the whole thing being really cringeworthy, it also feels quite exploitative and profiting from women's insecurities. If she was really bothered about the anti diet/intuitive movement (whatever that means - the retreat seems pretty contrived), she could organise coffee meet ups etc across the country, for like-minded individuals. A bit like they do for sober and sober curious people etc. But of course that doesn't actually make any profit 🙄

Sounds bad but I think the only reason people would pay for something like this is because they don’t have many friends of their own. I’m saying that as someone who moved to a new area and struggled to meet people as everyone at my work was a lot older, and actually looked at a few of these. Thank god I joined a sports club and met people there! This really is making money off peoples insecurities

Sounds bad but I think the only reason people would pay for something like this is because they don’t have many friends of their own. I’m saying that as someone who moved to a new area and struggled to meet people as everyone at my work was a lot older, and actually looked at a few of these. Thank god I joined a sports club and met people there! This really is making money off peoples insecurities
I can second this. I was slightly intrigued by the whole retreat holidays as I don't have any friends who live near me or would go on holidays with me. But the cost is just for those who are privileged.

The entire beauty industry profits off insecurities. So it’s fair game for Tally. I’m just amazed that these women have the money to flush on something like this that is such a poor offering. If they’re lacking friends, I’m sure there are cheaper and easier ways to make some eg local clubs as you’ve found! Not randoms you’ll probably never see again after a silly “retreat”.

Reactions: 6
I can second this. I was slightly intrigued by the whole retreat holidays as I don't have any friends who live near me or would go on holidays with me. But the cost is just for those who are privileged.
I would pay for a well-being retreat - yoga, mindfulness etc maybe a reset to break bad habits and form better ones with eating, sleeping, screen time and the likes. But wishy washy “intuitive movement” nonsense that includes a random dance party in the morning and karaoke at night…nope. Not even if you paid me to go 😂

Reactions: 12
As if that wasn’t horrific enough they then had to listen to Tally hog the karaoke 😬

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
The entire beauty industry profits off insecurities. So it’s fair game for Tally. I’m just amazed that these women have the money to flush on something like this that is such a poor offering. If they’re lacking friends, I’m sure there are cheaper and easier ways to make some eg local clubs as you’ve found! Not randoms you’ll probably never see again after a silly “retreat”.
Agree with what you are saying in principle but Tally spends her life basically speaking up against beauty standards/ the beauty industry, people profiting off insecurities so not really sure it is fair game. I think everyone is right that if it was something accessible and a way for likeminded people to talk and meet then that's one thing but not for that extortionate price

Reactions: 5
Agree with what you are saying in principle but Tally spends her life basically speaking up against beauty standards/ the beauty industry, people profiting off insecurities so not really sure it is fair game. I think everyone is right that if it was something accessible and a way for likeminded people to talk and meet then that's one thing but not for that extortionate price
Oh my god you’re right. She’s doing the exact same thing.
The exploiting of the insecurities is there. But I think she also has no friends of her own and this way she has a captive audience that idolises her, paying a fortune for being in her company, and this feeds into her own validation addiction.

She just posted a reel about a day - they did 2 activities in that day, I would have expected a jam packed schedule for that price!

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Imagine paying that much for a chat about diet culture and a yoga session

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.