TalkTV & Talk Radio #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Isn't Wootton running his own youtube thing with his chums now?
I suppose, if youtube don't pull the plug and he can get income from there, he wouldnt want to be employed by someone who might curb his 'free speech.'
Thats why he said he wasn't going back to GBNews isn't it? [I think they sacked him.]

Isnt that what Piers Morgan is doing as well?
I guess its the future. People with their own channels.
But youtube can cancel them at any time. At least when employed they were somewhat protected by their contract.

Anyway I don't think Vanessa, Nicola and JJ's "left leanings" were why they weren't popular. Left, right, whatever - we need balance. Its not their views, it's how they put it across. I want to hear everyon'e opinion and then make up my own mind.

I just find Vanessa, Nicola and JJ to be a bit condescending.
And all the talking over everyone else just does my head in. as well
I know other presenters also do that, but these three seem to do it more. I just don't enjoy listening to them.

Reactions: 2
I should add when I say "barring the politcs" I refer to the Character of Rick in "the Young ones". It's an old series tbf.
They both share a boss eyed pontificating look.
One was a comedic parody and the other is real.

Reactions: 1
I should add when I say "barring the politcs" I refer to the Character of Rick in "the Young ones". It's an old series tbf.
They both share a boss eyed pontificating look.
One was a comedic parody and the other is real.

I vaguely remember Rik when he was Kevin Turvey investigative reporter.
Blimey that seems so long ago.

I know other presenters also do that, but these three seem to do it more. I just don't enjoy listening to them.
They only have 'pretend' views. They are broadcasting grifters who just spout whichever opinions will give them a pay cheque. I have no problem with that per se, especially if you are aware of it and find the people entertaining. Of course, there is a sub-category of broadcasters who are genuinely insane, hello Neil Oliver. 😬

• Heart
Just read breaking news from Mike Graham. He will be doing the breakfast show 6.30 until 10 starting from Monday 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 3
So Mike back in the mornings but earlier - so a switch between him and Julia.
Kev back [on his own?] evenings.
Good, good. Liking this.

Kyle at drivetime. Ok. On his own? Even better. I have to say I never watched his famous tv show and had the idea he was horrible. Then when he came to Talk, I was surprised to find him not as bad as I had expected.
Just couldnt be doing with Nicola as sidekick.

Is Cristo still on at stupid oclock weekends?
Is David Bull still on?

Whats happening with Ian Collins? I have a soft spot for him. [edit - hes on 1 til 4pm]

info here -

So chuffed with the new daytime schedule. It is just like before they messed it all up.
---
Whats happening with Ian Collins? I have a soft spot for him.
1pm to 4pm. I am happy too. One of my favourite presenters on Talk.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Isn't Wootton running his own youtube thing with his chums now?
I suppose, if youtube don't pull the plug and he can get income from there, he wouldnt want to be employed by someone who might curb his 'free speech.'
Thats why he said he wasn't going back to GBNews isn't it? [I think they sacked him.]

Isnt that what Piers Morgan is doing as well?
I guess its the future. People with their own channels.
But youtube can cancel them at any time. At least when employed they were somewhat protected by their contract.

Anyway I don't think Vanessa, Nicola and JJ's "left leanings" were why they weren't popular. Left, right, whatever - we need balance. Its not their views, it's how they put it across. I want to hear everyon'e opinion and then make up my own mind.

I just find Vanessa, Nicola and JJ to be a bit condescending.
And all the talking over everyone else just does my head in. as well
Yes! That's it, is the way they present rather than what they say. Nicola, she's so awful though, I couldn't listen to her on anything. She'll probably go on Jeremy Vine next if talk radio give her the sack 🙏

• Heart
Well so far it looks like the station of common sense has finally come back to its senses and restored what was right before they changed it.

I can't find any info on Nicola. They've just said Jeremy is on drivetime. No mention of whether she is tagging along.
I can't see any info on weekends or overnight schedules. Petrie? Paul Ross? James Max? Cristo? David Bull? Trisha? Nothing about them.

If Kev O'Sullivan goes back to his content being a mix of current affairs, paranormal, tv/movie critique with the occasional visit from the snarky and clever Ally Ross, I will be over the moon.

More or less as it was in March 2022 then - just with Mike & JHB switched (I suspect she requested not to do breakfast any more). Good move!

I can't see any info on weekends or overnight schedules. Petrie? Paul Ross? James Max? Cristo? David Bull? Trisha? Nothing about them.
yeah I’m interested in this. I like having David Bull on Saturday mornings while I’m getting ready to go out, and just discovered how much I like Cristo too!

Petrie is still there according to the schedule on the app. So are Paul Ross & James Max, it's likely that none of those shows are changing. With James Whale no longer being able to commit to the weeknights (as he did 2 years ago), I can see why they are sticking with Petrie who is actually half-decent.

Weekend schedule isn't out yet though, except for Peter Cardwell confirming that he's staying on his 10am slots (in addition to Friday drive). If I had to bet, I'd say Dr. David Bull is staying put at weekend breakfast.

Sadly I suspect that if Cristo doesn't get promoted to a better slot, then they're trying to nudge him out. Nobody wants weekend early breakfast, it's a slot you'd give to a rookie starting out, not a popular presenter like him.

Petrie is still there according to the schedule on the app. So are Paul Ross & James Max, it's likely that none of those shows are changing. With James Whale no longer being able to commit to the weeknights (as he did 2 years ago), I can see why they are sticking with Petrie who is actually half-decent.

Weekend schedule isn't out yet though, except for Peter Cardwell confirming that he's staying on his 10am slots (in addition to Friday drive). If I had to bet, I'd say Dr. David Bull is staying put at weekend breakfast.

Sadly I suspect that if Cristo doesn't get promoted to a better slot, then they're trying to nudge him out. Nobody wants weekend early breakfast, it's a slot you'd give to a rookie starting out, not a popular presenter like him.

Yeh it feels like Cristo is being managed out.
---
yeah I’m interested in this. I like having David Bull on Saturday mornings while I’m getting ready to go out, and just discovered how much I like Cristo too!
Cristo's timeslot is ridiculous

Mike Graham is coming back to mornings :D
Kev in the evening and Ian Collins back to his long afternoons!
Think the bosses have been reading here 😉

• Heart
Looks like next Sat Cristo is in his usual early slot.
So he's escaped the cull.

Sadly Trisha is still there too.

Day 1 of the old style format. I’ll keep it on in the background. I wonder if they’ll switch Julia and Mike again or if they’re pitting Mike against Nick on LBC?

I wondered about Trisha.
I also tried her programme before I made judgement but content wise it's not my thing tbh. (Holistic/religion/community type stuff)
I wondered if it was popular/appealed to others though.

I wondered about Trisha.
I also tried her programme before I made judgement but content wise it's not my thing tbh. (Holistic/religion/community type stuff)
I wondered if it was popular/appealed to others though.
Same. Not into the content. She wasn't on this weekend but her stand in mentioned her so I think she was too ill to be on air due to her terminal cancer.