TalkTV & Talk Radio #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone know when they’re leaving “linear” TV? I know Andre/Ash said we’d be getting more of them when they cutback, but could be hot air. I hope they make some changes e.g. ditch Vibrant Vanessa and give Petrie her old slot back. Danielle could have her own agony aunt style slot, Andre is too overbearing.

Does anyone know when they’re leaving “linear” TV? I know Andre/Ash said we’d be getting more of them when they cutback, but could be hot air. I hope they make some changes e.g. ditch Vibrant Vanessa and give Petrie her old slot back. Danielle could have her own agony aunt style slot, Andre is too overbearing.
They just said the tv aspect will end "in the summer."
No date given as far as I know.
I'm listening less and less.

I hope they make changes too.
I want the double hosting to end.
Jeremy and Nicola should be just Jeremy and in a different time slot.

Kev and Alex should be just Kev
Also sick of Kev and JJ together.
They just talk over each other and get too shouty.

Reactions: 3
As regulars leave the channel they will be really be trawling the dregs of freelance commentators / guests to come in. The mind boggles. Better check the mental health facilities to see if anyone is missing. :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Nicola
It's either Nicola or Rosanna, I can't remember now ... but Julia Hartley-Brewer hates her bleeping guts (and the feeling is mutual). :ROFLMAO: I have the feeling there are so many desperate ego's at TalkTV it's a pretty miserable place to work.

Nicola and Alex had a spat on Twitter last Thursday/friday. Also David Bull on announcing that he was going to be covering for Jeremy this last week or so didn’t tag Nicola in his tweets. Don’t think many like her. I thought she had been sacked?! Maybe because she is strapped for money , she unlike Rosanna is working out her notice.

Nicola

Nicola and Alex had a spat on Twitter last Thursday/friday. Also David Bull on announcing that he was going to be covering for Jeremy this last week or so didn’t tag Nicola in his tweets. Don’t think many like her. I thought she had been sacked?! Maybe because she is strapped for money , she unlike Rosanna is working out her notice.

Nicola has a horrid manner.
I listened to David Bull with her last week and there was no friendly banter.
She seemed to take over and not share presenting duties with him, as if he was just gatecrashing 'HER' show.

For me, the sooner she goes the better.

• Heart
According to Kelvin MacKenzie, Vanessa has been expunged by Talk TV...

Goodbye and good riddance! Was never right for this station, and she doesn't seem a particularly nice person either based on some of the stuff I've seen/heard. I haven't watched Talk in ages and part of that is because of the dismal schedule. They seriously need to pick a current presenter who is well-liked for drive, not another outside hire who doesn't fit in.

But, one step in the right direction...

Last edited:
I've nothing against Vanessa TBF (I don't think?).
I wanted to try watching her show thing over Easter or round then but I just glazed over after about 30 mins.
Tried again and same thing.
Gave up.
Fin.

Reactions: 2
she doesn't seem a particularly nice person either
...'Doesn't seem like a nice person' is a prerequisite character trait if you want a gig in broadcast media I'm afriad. If you haven't got some sort of psychopathy or borderline personality disorder you just ain't cut out for the job. The lower down the food chain you go the generally nicer the person is, the higher up the bigger egotist/narcissist/prick they are. :rolleyes:

• Haha
I wish they wouldn't keep us waiting to find out what the changes are.

I mainly listen on the radio and want to know is Mike staying in the 8pm slot?
Is Cristo going to get a better timeslot?
Is Kyle being moved from the breakfast show and is Nicola going altogether?
Is Collins going to get more airtime?
Is Trisha going?
Are Kev and Alex still going to be on together or have they seen sense and are to put Kev back solo?
Will we still get JJ, Daisy McAndrew everywhere?

I wish they wouldn't keep us waiting to find out what the changes are.

I mainly listen on the radio and want to know is Mike staying in the 8pm slot?
Is Cristo going to get a better timeslot?
Is Kyle being moved from the breakfast show and is Nicola going altogether?
Is Collins going to get more airtime?
Is Trisha going?
Are Kev and Alex still going to be on together or have they seen sense and are to put Kev back solo?
Will we still get JJ, Daisy McAndrew everywhere?
This seems to be the general consensus so idk why they keep getting it so wrong? They must know the viewing figures? Hate when they put JJ in a serious show. Serious isn't him and it doesn't work. One show when he was discussing something he said how angry he was. He wasn't but obviously felt like he had to say it, just stupid 🤷‍♀️

This seems to be the general consensus so idk why they keep getting it so wrong? They must know the viewing figures? Hate when they put JJ in a serious show. Serious isn't him and it doesn't work. One show when he was discussing something he said how angry he was. He wasn't but obviously felt like he had to say it, just stupid 🤷‍♀️

I'm guessing Ian Collins will have his one hour extended to cover the gap left by Vanessa.
Then probably not much else will change.

I used to like Kev's solo shows. His angry shouting man act has worn thin because it's just too much now and the pudding is over-egged.
I don't like him with Alex.
They just shout over each other. When will the powers that be realise that doesn't make good listening?
Kev's shows used to be varied in subject. Now he just shouts about politics and we've already heard the same stuff from the shows prior.

I like David Bull's shows. He manages with a co-host without it becoming a shouting fest.
He tries to be balanced, too, which I like.

I don't like the panels. They always seem to have JJ and Daisy.
Give us a break!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I'm guessing Ian Collins will have his one hour extended to cover the gap left by Vanessa.
Then probably nit much else will change.

I used to like Kev's solo shows. His angry shouting man act has worn thin because it's just too much now and the pudding is over-egged.
I don't like him with Alex.
They just shout over each other. When will the powers that be realise that doesn't make good listening?
Kev's shows used to be varied in subject. Now he just shouts about politics and we've already heard the same stuff from the shows prior.

I like David Bull's shows. He manages with a co-host without it becoming a shouting fest.
He tries to be balanced, too, which I like.

I don't like the panels. They always seem to have JJ and Daisy.
Give us a break!!!!!!!
Agree with all of this.

• Heart
Agree with all of this.

So many times in the day lately when I think, "I'll just pop the radio on," then I switch off again because of all the reasons I just posted.

I think Julia was better placed at breakfast, but I think now she's got a later start she would be reluctant to return to having to set her alarm so early again.

I think Mike was better with a three hour show in the mornings but I think he likes to be on later because he can be more sweary.
I think it's been killing him not to be able to swear when he was on in the mornings.
So I think, even though we would prefer them back in their old morning slots, Julia and Mike will stay in their current ones.
---
Spotted on twatter -

Screenshot_20240424_085531_X_1.jpg

Last edited:
So many times in the day lately when I think, "I'll just pop the radio on," then I switch off again because of all the reasons I just posted.

I think Julia was better placed at breakfast, but I think now she's got a later start she would be reluctant to return to having to set her alarm so early again.

I think Mike was better with a three hour show in the mornings but I think he likes to be on later because he can be more sweary.
I think it's been killing him not to be able to swear when he was on in the mornings.
So I think, even though we would prefer them back in their old morning slots, Julia and Mike will stay in their current ones.
---
Spotted on twatter -

View attachment 2894202
Wootton's probably after one of their slots.
What an hole he is.