TalkTV & Talk Radio #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
old thread here -

Where we discussed the evolution of Talk radio into a simulcast with tv type thing and we are not sure we like it.

We complained about them messing about with the scheduling and swapping people about into timeslots we don't like and pairing them up with co-hosts we don't like and making them do panel based shows instead of phone ins.

We are worried the station is going to go bust.

Reactions: 2
Didn't Nadine have her own show on GBNews a while ago???

I think she did.
Might not have been live though.
So maybe it's the live element she was nervous about.

She either still does or did have a weekly show on talk radio.

old thread here -

Where we discussed the evolution of Talk radio into a simulcast with tv type thing and we are not sure we like it.

We complained about them messing about with the scheduling and swapping people about into timeslots we don't like and pairing them up with co-hosts we don't like and making them do panel based shows instead of phone ins.

We are worried the station is going to go bust.
Liking your round up and new thread, not the fact that they might go bust...There have been questionable pairings and moves at times, but I still enjoy bits of it.. Christmas Day was a laugh for example. I know as a news programme station some bits aren't meant to be enjoyable anyway...

Matt Stadlen is very desperate. He's a guest on talk radio 😂 talking about the the recent racist hate crimes against Jewish people.

Reactions: 1
Liking your round up and new thread, not the fact that they might go bust...There have been questionable pairings and moves at times, but I still enjoy bits of it.. Christmas Day was a laugh for example. I know as a news programme station some bits aren't meant to be enjoyable anyway...

Maybe not go bust but maybe get scrapped.

Piers must have cost a fortune.

Mike seems to be enjoying his later slot. I think he feels less restricted now he's on later.
He's letting the swear words slip out more and more.

Matt Stadlen is very desperate. He's a guest on talk radio 😂 talking about the the recent racist hate crimes against Jewish people.
I only just realised just after 12 that is was Matt Stadlen. I certainly didn't recognise his voice from LBC days. I am surprised they have had such a woke Tory hater on with Nadine.

Annoying how the presenters have to name ALL of the Rochdale candidates EVERY time they mention the racist one 😴

Apparently there is MAJOR beef behind the scenes right now at TalkTV between Rosanna Lockwood and Julia Hartley-Brewer. Julia is a friend of Laurence Fox and supported him when he got sued by Nicola Thorp. Oh dear. They cannot bleeping stand each other. :ROFLMAO:

I caught literally 10 seconds of Plank of the Week and saw Alex Phillips acting-out. She's utterly demented. TalkTV (and GB News) seem to attract some genuinely damaged people.

I just posted in the GB News thread about how TalkTV is about the get the plug-pulled (imo) and was speculating where all the self-styled 'commentators' will go. God they are a weird bunch. There is going to be a glut of these 'look at me' people desperate for gigs if and when TalkTV dies. It wouldn't surprise me if Channel 5 produced a show between 10 and 4 with ALL of them in a studio (with padded walls) just shouting at each other. It'll be a bit like when well-off Victorian's used to take day-trips to the lunatic asylum for entertainment. Yes ... I now have a name for this Channel 5 vehicle: "Bedlam".

As my dear old granny used to say: There's more out than in.

Is Rupert still with us both physically and mentally? If he is then I don't think he'll want talk binned. He must be nearly 100 by now!

Is Rupert still with us both physically and mentally? If he is then I don't think he'll want talk binned. He must be nearly 100 by now!
I reckon he must spend most of his time suspended in a tank of nutrient jelly/agar to prolong life these days like in Independance day or something.
He's definately bloody minded enough to keep it going out of spite/refusal to be proved wrong till he cronks it IMO.

• Haha
He's definately bloody minded enough to keep it going out of spite/refusal to be proved wrong till he cronks it IMO.
Yep, if he's still in control of his mind he won't want to close what you must assume is one of his last projects and admit defeat.
---
Yes he's still with us.
Oh I know physically, it's more mentally if he's still with us!

Yep, if he's still in control of his mind he won't want to close what you must assume is one of his last projects and admit defeat.
---

Oh I know physically, it's more mentally if he's still with us!

Well the rumours are he has chosen not to renew Piers Morgan's contract, so that indicates he is still sharp!
:D🤣:LOL::D🤣

• Haha
Every goddamn time the camera goes to Isabel Oakshott she is checking herself in the vanity monitor. I mean EVERY SINGLE TIME. Something seriously wrong with that woman.

• Haha
I miss Zora bellowing the news.
I could be doing stuff round the house and hear her straight off wherever I was.

I'd imagine that it will carry on as before maybe minus a few expensive names?
I'm the opposite. I only watched it on tv (had it on in the background so it may as well have been radio).
I've got to admit to being kind of glad the option won't be there anymore. I've absolutely no clue why I started with it as I've never been a radio listener and it became a weird kind of habit.