Susie Verrill #2 woke in the streets, racist in the tweets.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What is pissing me off is that this week has been about fighting racism and publicly calling people out on racism yet none of the larger influencers have said anything about it. None of the influencers who have been publicly trying to learn and better themselves this week. It's not just about the racism though. It is proper mean girl, bitchy comments about anyone that's not like her. Most of the comments are really disgusting.

Reactions: 11
Sadly I agree with the comments above. I don’t think many of the mumsy instagrammers will call her out as they did MOD because with MOD, they were more hurt that she made comments about them however chose to cover this up their hurt by focusing on the racist remarks she made (rightly so).

It just goes to show how the BLM movement for a lot of these instagrammers are purely just to seem ‘woke’ and to get the approval needed by other instagrammers and for their own peace of mind. Obviously I would love to be proven wrong here but I am not convinced so far.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
The reason the influencers aren’t as fired up about this as they were about MOD is because Susie isn’t slagging them off, she’s slagging off black people and disabled kids who they really don’t give a duck about. There are no sad crying white ladies in stories talking about how deeply she hurt them. So they don’t care.

Grim, but true.
So true, I noted which accounts I follow had liked the posts and were supporting her, Mercer 7 was one of them who made a huge fuss about CH picking on her... it’s just such appalling double standards.

Reactions: 6
Cigarettes and Calpol have called her out, but they always have to have a little dig about tattle.

When they call us ‘Those’ sites it is so arrogant. There are thousands, millions of influencers who aren’t talked about over here. Then there are influencers who are talked about on here, for good reasons.
Nobody can question influencers behaviour because they delete and block, but their behaviour can’t be untouchable.

Influencers commonly sharing their children in the bath, are none of them concerned about the plethora of naked children plastered across Instagram, how has that become acceptable?

An influencer is accepting monthly donations to her PayPal account and claiming it is being used to support victims of DV, she will not share accounts and deletes anyone who asks, how is it acceptable to accept charity donations but won’t declare where they go, is that ok?

A number of influencers have accepted free dogs from a puppy farm in Russia, is that ok?

Influencers not declaring #AF, or posting it in tiny letters so they get a cut of anything you buy off Amazon, in the middle of a pandemic when it was one of the only delivery options, is that ok?

Influencers having friends round, in their houses, during a pandemic...then quickly deleting the pictures without a mention of their mistakes?

The white middle-class identikit mums paraded out at events or on advertising campaigns have been called out here for ages, is the lack of representation outside of that bubble ok?

Influencers filming their children in distress, all their private moments...including filming their underwear drawer, is that ok?

If you are ok with all of that then I can see why tattle would frustrate you, but I don’t think we are the witches!

*1635 Guests now who might want to have a think about the things we are discussing. Topics that will make some of you quite uncomfortable.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
I really hope Candice doesn't comment on this, or feel she has to. It must be exhausting for her that yet another white influencer has been exposed as a bigot, with everybody in the wings waiting with baited breath for Candice or one of the other big woc influencers to go to town on her. I saw a comment about the fact that poc shouldn't have to 'wade through white tears' at the moment and it's absolutely correct - it's bad enough that they're having to watch videos of their brothers and sisters being murdered. The sheer volume of self pitying posts that centre themselves instead of boosting poc is infuriating. Get your selfies and your egotism out of the way and make room for the people you are supposed to be helping.

(Sorry went a bit off topic with that rant but it's been pissing me off this past week)

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Cigarettes and calpol hasn't really called her out though has she, she's basically said yeah but she's apologised so let's forget it and "I'm not excusing it but...".

The thing is, these influencers can be as woke for likes as they want, but the real test comes down to when their actual friends behave in a certain way - what will they do then? Step up and challenge it? They leapt onto the CH scandal like rabid wolves because the truth is already none of them liked her.

• Sick
Reactions: 13
I really hope Candice doesn't comment on this, or feel she has to. It must be exhausting for her that yet another white influencer has been exposed as a bigot, with everybody in the wings waiting with baited breath for Candice or one of the other big woc influencers to go to town on her. I saw a comment about the fact that poc shouldn't have to 'wade through white tears' at the moment and it's absolutely correct - it's bad enough that they're having to watch videos of their brothers and sisters being murdered. The sheer volume of self pitying posts that centre themselves instead of boosting poc is infuriating. Get your selfies and your egotism out of the way and make room for the people you are supposed to be helping.

(Sorry went a bit off topic with that rant but it's been pissing me off this past week)
THIS THIS THIS.

Candice isn’t my fave, ngl, but this expectation that she has to have a reaction to SV is poor.

I hope her only reaction is how she’s gonna weasel some of those collars, let’s be honest that’s the only thing all these instamum child floggers are thinking about.

Cigarettes and calpol hasn't really called her out though has she, she's basically said yeah but she's apologised so let's forget it and "I'm not excusing it but...".

The thing is, these influencers can be as woke for likes as they want, but the real test comes down to when their actual friends behave in a certain way - what will they do then? Step up and challenge it? They leapt onto the CH scandal like rabid wolves because the truth is already none of them liked her.
Didn’t like her, or were jealous? I’m sure at the root of it they’re the same with SV, none of them have the balls to be the first one to speak up though.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I blocked Susie a very long time ago after she ignored my pleas for her to take down a story of her and her husband pulling a face similar to someone with Cerebral Palsy (I’m sure you all know which face I mean. It’s very offensive, usually pulled when someone does something stupid, insinuating people with CP are stupid, which they’re not)

I agree with a poster upthread who said she sensed something unkind about her. Turns out we were right.

I try and cut people slack, I really do. I’ve made mistakes, I’m sure I’ll make more, and I’d hate to upset anyone. But I’ve never made a ‘mistake’ like those tweets. They are over a prolonged period of time, at an age when we all knew better. If they’re ‘jokes’, I’m not seeing the funny side.

Susie, I know you read Tattle and I don’t want to unblock you to tag you-
Having just sorted my deaf, dumb (the term is non-verbal) & partially sighted child at 2.30am, as a single parent carer ‘on benefits’ (I haven’t been on any documentaries yet) - I can conform it is pretty hard. But nowhere near as awful as having a heart like yours. She may never grow up, but at least she’ll never grow up to be an ableist, racist, fat shamer like you. We all knew better in 2012. There is no excuse.

View attachment 146086
You are a superhero. I'm sorry if these tweets have caused you distress, it must have been hard to read them xx

Reactions: 16
Thank you for highlighting this amazing woman and her account. These are the people I need to be following, supporting and should to be following on my insta feed.

By hiding behind legalities, deleting account and having a PR write you statement she is still telling all those people she offended in her tweets. My feelings right now matter more, is don’t care. For someone who’s been educating themselves this week she’s missed that crucial point. Because a lot of what has been discussed this week should apply to anyone who has felt they are made to feel different or not worthy by the majority of “society”

It takes the majority to speak up
For the minority for change to happen. People will never change their ways and thoughts if it isn’t called out. Those tweets are offensive and disgusting and hurtful.

I’ve said it before if that’s what she though was acceptable to say publicly what must she say behind closed doors?

As it’s been mentioned this the prime example of white privileged that she’s been very kindly shared with us so we can educate OURSELVES before deleted her account.

She said those things because she’s a white, able bodied, financially comfortable person in this world. She will never have to face what the people she mentioned in the tweets will ever have to face in life so she feels superior.
If she didn’t feel superior she wouldn’t say those things.

My eyes have been opened this week with the materials I’ve been reading, educating myself through the discussions about racism. Those discussions have been happening online because people are talking and LISTENING.
Muting people, silencing and deleting the account doesn’t give that opportunity to learn. So clearly she doesn’t want to.

This isn’t a witch hunt, people have the right to have their feelings heard. Listening is the only way to learn and clearly she doesn’t want to.
So well put Kathryn

Reactions: 4
Cigarettes and Calpol is the worst. Tried to act like she was calling SV out, whilst not actually calling her out 🙄
She’s the biggest attention seeker - always flouncing off for an “Insta break” as soon as someone says something she doesn’t like. But then thinks it’s acceptable to patronise her followers constantly.
Also.... she’s nowhere near as funny as she thinks she is.

Reactions: 20
All I can say I can not wait to see the day that pimping your children on social media becomes illegal.

The reason others aren’t calling eachother out is money. They don’t want to lose followers and essentially, money.

What happened to the #stronggirlsclub and #womensupportingwomen eh? Or have they decided to #benice and keep their mouths shut?

They should look in the mirror and recognise this as white privilege.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I just don't get why in 2017, when her management suggested a clean up of her tweets, she didn't just do it?! Even if we take her excuse of youth/coming from Dover (which i think is a load of rubbish!) at face value, surely she'd have grown up enough by 2017 to realise that what she had said previously was so offensive and abhorrent that she would want them gone?!

I really think she thought she was being funny and edgy/cool, trying to gain herself some kind of Twitter notoriety perhaps? Any of those comments in isolation are totally vile but when you see the sheer volume of comments it is truly shocking not only that she made them in the first place but that she diluted them in her Instagram apology.

I'm appalled that I followed her for so long and used to really like her.
I'm glad she didn't delete them, if she had, we wouldn't know and she wouldn't be suffering now. Obviously, I wish that she hadn't even thought these things but it's better to know who walks amongst us.

Reactions: 3
What is pissing me off is that this week has been about fighting racism and publicly calling people out on racism yet none of the larger influencers have said anything about it. None of the influencers who have been publicly trying to learn and better themselves this week. It's not just about the racism though. It is proper mean girl, bitchy comments about anyone that's not like her. Most of the comments are really disgusting.
Am disappointed with her friend Mother Pukka. She’s done a lot this week on her Insta and provided some interesting useful signposts to good reading but it kind of feels like empty virtue signalling now to me that she was/is good friends with Susie and staying silent on some abhorrent comments.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I wonder if the reason no one's commenting is. They were not actual friends?
I know a few years ago Susie hung out with a couple of them once or twice. She went to a few PR events but they never seemed friends as such. Never went over each others houses, had play dates, phone calls, out for dinner , over for BBQ.
Maybe people now just don't give a tit about her..
Does she have friends? Like proper ones?

Reactions: 5
Let's face it, a lot of these influencers are being very careful about what they say in case anyone digs up dirt on them. They all want Susie to be forgiven as they hope they'd be forgiven if they had been racist or ableist in the past.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.