Susie Verrill #2 woke in the streets, racist in the tweets.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 146068
Cigarettes and Calpol on Twitter comparing Susan’s response to MODS
It’s hilarious (read not funny at all) that despite all of her smug virtue signalling and holier than thou calling everyone out regardless of whether what she’s saying is even the truth she has decided - seemingly on behalf of people of colour, the differently abled, and so on - that old Susan is just fine cause she said sorry, made some excuses, said sorry again and then deleted everything when it didn’t work.

It is absolutely NOT Mia’s place to say that response was acceptable. You cannot accept an apology on behalf of black people. You cannot gaslight minorities of any kind by saying that something done TO THEM is acceptable.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
The more I think about it. The worse it is.
We're not talking about casual ingrained racism and prejudice (that is abhorrent and we must be rid of as society).
We're talking about years and years of extreme comments without any thought or love or kindness : for the poor, for the overweight, for the disabled children, for the people that Susie felt better than.
Why did Susie feel better than them? Because by society and their WHITE standard she was a: pretty/hot/attractive 25 year old.....

Now as a mother, with media training, with a "famous" partner and a big house, lots of disposable income she feels superior and like she should get away with her previous transgressions. Because she is elite.

The fact Gregory Rutherford in the midst of all the hurt and exposure is harping on about their lovely new chicks on their homestead , when we're in the middle of a global pandemic, with poor kids stuck in flats (the kind of kids 25 year old Susie condemned because she felt better than them) speaks volumes.

They may have money. They may have conventional "good" looks by a white middle class standard in 2020 . They may own trendy things.
But they have been shown for who they are and why they needed media training

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
The press might think she’s a nobody but he’s an ex Olympian trading on that fact and potentially looking to work in the US off the back of that, whilst she’s saying dolphins remind her of disabled children. The Olympics and paralympics and being viewed more and more as equal events and Greg being associated with that kind of language and behaviour will be very damaging for him. As it should be.

I am surprised the press havent picked it up

• Heart
Reactions: 17
View attachment 146068
Cigarettes and Calpol on Twitter comparing Susan’s response to MODS
She said this in response to someone calling Susan pot kettle black for commenting about FOD getting the Black Lives Matters around the wrong way. It was before all of the other tweets came to light though so I wonder if she’d still respond the same way?

Reactions: 1
The reason MOD got dragged so badly for what she did was because whilst her fellow influencers claimed they were outraged by her racist comment - they were actually most offended by her other comments about other white influencers (her ‘friends’) and the awful ‘betrayal’. To be honest it looks kind of mild now compared to some of Susie’s tweets. I’m actually still really shocked, nobody changes that much in 5 years....those views must still sit somewhere inside her. I’m honestly so shocked.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Yeah, the reason everyone loved talking about the MOD story is because she had an account on here and was trolling her friends. It was the racist comment that lost her work but it was the juicy circumstances that played into everything people believe about gossipy women.

What Susie said was way worse but I'm not sure it'll get the same traction, though tabloids will normally make a story out of anything so who knows.

Reactions: 6
Surprised she’s not trotted out the ‘but I’ve got black friends’ line yet.

A friend of a friend of a friend (you know how it is!) knows Susie fairly well and apparently her best friend is in a relationship with a black man and has a mixed race child. I wonder if she’s seen all this?

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I blocked Susie a very long time ago after she ignored my pleas for her to take down a story of her and her husband pulling a face similar to someone with Cerebral Palsy (I’m sure you all know which face I mean. It’s very offensive, usually pulled when someone does something stupid, insinuating people with CP are stupid, which they’re not)

I agree with a poster upthread who said she sensed something unkind about her. Turns out we were right.

I try and cut people slack, I really do. I’ve made mistakes, I’m sure I’ll make more, and I’d hate to upset anyone. But I’ve never made a ‘mistake’ like those tweets. They are over a prolonged period of time, at an age when we all knew better. If they’re ‘jokes’, I’m not seeing the funny side.

Susie, I know you read Tattle and I don’t want to unblock you to tag you-
Having just sorted my deaf, dumb (the term is non-verbal) & partially sighted child at 2.30am, as a single parent carer ‘on benefits’ (I haven’t been on any documentaries yet) - I can conform it is pretty hard. But nowhere near as awful as having a heart like yours. She may never grow up, but at least she’ll never grow up to be an ableist, racist, fat shamer like you. We all knew better in 2012. There is no excuse.

View attachment 146086
Hey, fellow single parent carer!!
She’s just a nasty bully who seems to pick on anyone she deems less fortunate than her. I hope she doesn’t come back from this they’re a no reasonable excuse for any of her tweets.
I’m very surprised thenursemum hasn’t cut ties with her yet.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Hi, a long time lurker here... It’s interesting her sis in law is saying “for legal reasons” she can’t say more...this is the same as the Sacconejolys shower situation - UGG, Luisa Z both wanting to call it out but couldn’t & no story in the DM etc. Are they both Gleam??

Reactions: 4
Yeah, the reason everyone loved talking about the MOD story is because she had an account on here and was trolling her friends. It was the racist comment that lost her work but it was the juicy circumstances that played into everything people believe about gossipy women.
What Susie said was way worse but I'm not sure it'll get the same traction, though tabloids will normally make a story out of anything so who knows.
The mumfluencers are very quiet about Susie‘s tweets considering how utterly horrified they were by Clemmie’s racism.

It would almost appear as if it wasn’t the racism that concerned them but more the comments about each other and Clemmies inside knowledge about the murky world of Influencers and what other secrets she might spill...and then the race to claim her crown.

Maybe one of the 1483 guests might say something today! .

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
bleeping love kisscub, that woman is a super hero. If I’m ever having a hard day with my kids I honestly think of her and the amazing job she’s doing to raise Amy and she gives me strength

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I really really don’t understand what must go through someone’s mind to think that writing comments like that on a PUBLIC forum is acceptable. I know that this tweet is from 2012 and she was unknown then but I’d be so ashamed writing something like that where my family, friends, colleagues etc could read it. It makes me wonder what kind of people that she has around her that don’t bat so much as an eyelid.
its better someone puts it out there for al to see because theN you know what you’re dealing with. It’s the ones that think this but stay silent are the ones that we need to be concerned about....and that is what we call institutionalised racism

Reactions: 2
I shared something of Susie's about 18 months ago regarding co-sleeping. It was in stories and someone had asked me I knew any advocates. A lovely lady I know - in real life - asked me how I knew Susie and I said I didn't but I knew of her via Instagram (I unfollowed her many moons ago as something about her niggled me). Anyway, my friend admitted she worked with SV on Nuts magazine "back in the day" and that she was "quite the character then". There was a suggestion she wasn't very well liked and that she pleased herself.

Reactions: 6
bleeping love kisscub, that woman is a super hero. If I’m ever having a hard day with my kids I honestly think of her and the amazing job she’s doing to raise Amy and she gives me strength
I think she is brilliant too! she is by far my favourite instagram account 😊

Reactions: 9
She said this in response to someone calling Susan pot kettle black for commenting about FOD getting the Black Lives Matters around the wrong way. It was before all of the other tweets came to light though so I wonder if she’d still respond the same way?
She still does not get to provide her opinion on whose response is ok in my view.
That said she has since said she has now seen the tweets and doesn’t support any of it.

Reactions: 4
Kisscub (who commented further up - and who’s insta is amazing btw) has called Susie out. I think this will spur others on now.....
Thank you for highlighting this amazing woman and her account. These are the people I need to be following, supporting and should to be following on my insta feed.

By hiding behind legalities, deleting account and having a PR write you statement she is still telling all those people she offended in her tweets. My feelings right now matter more, is don’t care. For someone who’s been educating themselves this week she’s missed that crucial point. Because a lot of what has been discussed this week should apply to anyone who has felt they are made to feel different or not worthy by the majority of “society”

It takes the majority to speak up
For the minority for change to happen. People will never change their ways and thoughts if it isn’t called out. Those tweets are offensive and disgusting and hurtful.

I’ve said it before if that’s what she though was acceptable to say publicly what must she say behind closed doors?

As it’s been mentioned this the prime example of white privileged that she’s been very kindly shared with us so we can educate OURSELVES before deleted her account.

She said those things because she’s a white, able bodied, financially comfortable person in this world. She will never have to face what the people she mentioned in the tweets will ever have to face in life so she feels superior.
If she didn’t feel superior she wouldn’t say those things.

My eyes have been opened this week with the materials I’ve been reading, educating myself through the discussions about racism. Those discussions have been happening online because people are talking and LISTENING.
Muting people, silencing and deleting the account doesn’t give that opportunity to learn. So clearly she doesn’t want to.

This isn’t a witch hunt, people have the right to have their feelings heard. Listening is the only way to learn and clearly she doesn’t want to.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
The reason the influencers aren’t as fired up about this as they were about MOD is because Susie isn’t slagging them off, she’s slagging off black people and disabled kids who they really don’t give a duck about. There are no sad crying white ladies in stories talking about how deeply she hurt them. So they don’t care.

Grim, but true.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
I’ve said it before if that’s what she though was acceptable to say publicly what must she say behind closed doors?
This!! The tweet about non verbal children was a discussion between her and her friend (as mentioned in the tweet). God forbid they said any worse that that during their exchanges!

Reactions: 2
I just don't get why in 2017, when her management suggested a clean up of her tweets, she didn't just do it?! Even if we take her excuse of youth/coming from Dover (which i think is a load of rubbish!) at face value, surely she'd have grown up enough by 2017 to realise that what she had said previously was so offensive and abhorrent that she would want them gone?!

I really think she thought she was being funny and edgy/cool, trying to gain herself some kind of Twitter notoriety perhaps? Any of those comments in isolation are totally vile but when you see the sheer volume of comments it is truly shocking not only that she made them in the first place but that she diluted them in her Instagram apology.

I'm appalled that I followed her for so long and used to really like her.

• Sick
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.