Susie Verrill #2 woke in the streets, racist in the tweets.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The nurse mum should respond as she has a disabled child but she probably won't as Susan set up a fund me page which accrued thousands. If she doesn't it'll be an unfollow from me as she's been bleating on and on about blm and is obsessed with, and appropriates continually, black culture. Also, lvycoco has in the past said some very borderline things so I'd be delighted to see her fall from grace. She really is an awful person.

Reactions: 10
Susie, you ok hun xx

@Starsanddaggers are you an influencer? Been dying to ask you 🤣
Me? Nope. Why lol xx

The nurse mum should respond as she has a disabled child but she probably won't as Susan set up a fund me page which accrued thousands. If she doesn't it'll be an unfollow from me as she's been bleating on and on about blm and is obsessed with, and appropriates continually, black culture. Also, lvycoco has in the past said some very borderline things so I'd be delighted to see her fall from grace. She really is an awful person.
The nurse mum has a good soul. The fact she might be feeling trapped by Susie's money (gofundme) only speaks bad about Susie tbh .

Reactions: 3
Also interesting that today‘s post was shared in the grid not on stories...she knows stories have a bigger audience. She explained that in her own post on Tuesday.
Again it makes the ‘owning’ of previous behaviour even more disingenuous because she knows the audience will be smaller.

Attachments

Reactions: 2
Also re ivycoco, Susie, lilandlife... all these mum influencers who continuously went to all white press events. Never once questioned the diversity or the exclusion. Now Kerry is trying to say she called out brands. Bull tit. Absolute bull tit. The clamour to share/ friend/ message black women from these lot is embarrassing and the very definition of white priviledge. STOP SIGNPOSTING AND START DOING.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Also re ivycoco, Susie, lilandlife... all these mum influencers who continuously went to all white press events. Never once questioned the diversity or the exclusion. Now Kerry is trying to say she called out brands. Bull tit. Absolute bull tit. The clamour to share/ friend/ message black women from these lot is embarrassing and the very definition of white priviledge. STOP SIGNPOSTING AND START DOING.
They'll forget soon that it was ever a thing to be non racist and they'll go back to their white wash events.

Reactions: 4
Hello fellow knitter! I would say the last year in the knitting world has been a huge eye opener for me, I’ve definitely reflected on my own behaviour and spoke out more since it all started.
Sorry to derail from Suze everyone, got a bit excited then!

Loving all the other knitters appearing here. The conversation in the fibre world last year was so interesting and educated me a lot - and has helped me with non-knitting people and conversations recently. I'm not clever enough to express myself well in these situations and it's been helpful to have had the resources recommended to me and be able to pass them on

Reactions: 6
Me? Nope. Why lol xx

The nurse mum has a good soul. The fact she might be feeling trapped by Susie's money (gofundme) only speaks bad about Susie tbh .
I think Nurse mum is wonderful - I’m trying to put myself in her position as to what I would do, knowing what Susie had done...

I would speak out - but I definitely would be worried what would happen regarding the money raised for my disabled son from the go fund me- also what speaking out might mean regarding any future work... I believe Kaytee is the sole provider for her little boy. It must be very difficult.

Reactions: 6
I think Nurse mum is wonderful - I’m trying to put myself in her position as to what I would do, knowing what Susie had done...

I would speak out - but I definitely would be worried what would happen regarding the money raised for my disabled son from the go fund me- also what speaking out might mean regarding any future work... I believe Kaytee is the sole provider for her little boy. It must be very difficult.
Definitely hit the nail on the head.
I think Kaytee is pretty horrified tbh with you....
Treading carefully.

Reactions: 3
I sort of know the family that own Regatta so I'm not surprised they have ended their contract with her. They have a relative who is a rather well known human rights lawyer in Manchester, they are good people.

I was always a fan of Susie's and when I saw her apology, I thought it was right of her to make a public apology and state that she had changed her views and was doing the work, so to speak. However, when I came on here and saw the tweets, I was disgusted, they were not examples of 'everyday' racism, which is what I expected from the wording of her apology, they were aggressive, abusive examples of someone who was so entitled that they felt like they could say and do whatever they pleased. Susie already had a large twitter following before she was with Greg, so she knew her words had power, she knew she had a lot of reach on social media and yet she still felt ok to spout filth like that. She was not young when she said those things, either. Even if she was, she should still know better. I will stop following her on Instagram now, I won't be responsible for her getting any more ads.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

I disagree, either you're with the blm movement or not. You can't opt out of you think it affects finances, you can't opt out because your friends or colleagues are racist. You're either in our out. Not calling someone out, or unfollowing, because you're worried about work is ok but then like I said above - stop the signposting and opt out. You can't be posting about blm but then implicitly or explicitly support racists.

Reactions: 16
So she actually said in reply to a comment that years ago she was crass and trying to be edgy.

Calling a disabled child deaf and dumb is not being edgy. Calling anyone dumb is more than crass.

Ugh, she really is repulsive.

Reactions: 11
Someone on the now deleted post this morning made a comment asking if it was her PR team advising her to do the second post or something along those lines and she replied saying she didn’t have a PR team. Further down the comments was a comment from someone she knew (or was implied she knew) joking about people asking about her ‘PR she has hidden in her basement’ being sarcastic towards those questioning about PR. I didn’t take screenshots but wish I had now! Just seemed so obvious she must have PR or access through Gleam to a PR team.
That was Robyn Wilder. She's a journalist. I think they're friends IRL as she's Kent based.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.