Susie Verrill #2 woke in the streets, racist in the tweets.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There’s an element of fake it til you make it with online catastrophes though isn’t there?

Reactions: 1
The problem is that she only owned up when someone else highlighted her previous tweets to her. Then instead of owning it outright it became about her and she then blamed her upbringing/where she grew up. The comments were flooded with others praising her for being brave - it wasn’t brave. Her post was reactive to someone highlighting her past behaviour. In owning it she could have reflected on what resources she is using to educate herself and then stepped away for a bit.

Previous to this she had been posting telling others what they could/should be doing instead of getting her own house in order. Add in to this her diluting the severity of her tweets in her post (plenty have been shown in this thread and the previous one) and claiming she was much younger when she made the comments - she was in her mid 20s (6 years ago) and it wasn’t acceptable to say comments like she did let alone publicly post them as she did. Alongside this she claimed she’d deactivated Twitter the day before in response to upsetting BLM videos - this was quite clearly a lie as I and others were able to view said tweets yesterday morning. It all came across and disingenuous and insincere.

Personally I don’t like the defence ‘we’ve all said things’ that was used a lot in the comments on yesterday’s post - we haven’t all said racist things nor posted racist things on social media either. That doesn’t exempt me or others from the benefits I’ve had due to my privilege (and am educating myself on further) but many of us have known that you don’t make racist comments and you certainly don’t post them online from a young age. That can’t be used as an excuse.

If she’d actually owned it outright and appropriately while people would have rightly condoned her tweets they would have potentially respected that she was educating herself to change for the better.
Now with the post this morning and it’s subsequent deletion (and previous virtue signalling) it just comes across as damage limitation as opposed to anything genuine.

I really think someone should message her this! It is spot on.

Ultimate Girl Gang has unollowed too. (thank god as she's my fav and I have been removing anyone that still follows her). Hot Cross mum and Luxe F5 are still following. But Luxe is in labour so maybe she'll be let off 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Sorry been lurking here but talking about this over on the FOD/MOD thread but why has she put up the post to then just delete it?
I didn’t get chance to go through mall the comments but again there seemed to be fair few patting her on the shoulder and missing the point entirely (again).
Also as a newbie here how does she claim not have PR etc when she’s managed by Gleam - even if she doesn’t have day to day PR they will have engaged a PR person for this, no?
Is that what she said? She’s said before her PR girls were on holiday and she didn’t know what to do when she did an ad with (I think ASDA) and it came to light that they treat their employees badly.

Is that what she said? She’s said before her PR girls were on holiday and she didn’t know what to do when she did an ad with (I think ASDA) and it came to light that they treat their employees badly.
Someone on the now deleted post this morning made a comment asking if it was her PR team advising her to do the second post or something along those lines and she replied saying she didn’t have a PR team. Further down the comments was a comment from someone she knew (or was implied she knew) joking about people asking about her ‘PR she has hidden in her basement’ being sarcastic towards those questioning about PR. I didn’t take screenshots but wish I had now! Just seemed so obvious she must have PR or access through Gleam to a PR team.

Reactions: 3
@Lola78
"I don’t and have never considered myself racist but I can’t be sure I haven’t said something unconsciously racist"
Do you have a large blue tick following on twitter? Do you make your money by sharing your opinion? If yes, then you need to be held to account like she has too. These aren't flippant comments, these are ingrained racist views that are harmful.

"They have kids, they have bills to pay"
Then maybe she should go out and get a job. Why is it up to us to ignore what she has done and pay for her lifestyle?

View attachment 145440

Well done to Regatta for doing the right thing x
Respect, regatta. Heading straight out to buy a raincoat now.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I’m usually a lurker on here too, I like reading the gossip. I can’t help thinking that this thread is completely missing the point of what is happening in the world. Instead of going after someone for something that was written 6 years ago shouldn’t we be using the time to educate ourselves? I don’t and have never considered myself racist but I can’t be sure I haven’t said something unconsciously racist and I’m really glad there was no twitter or Instagram when I was in my 20s. It doesn’t sit right with me to be emailing companies saying have you read these 6 year old tweets. They have kids, they have bills to pay
Susie, you ok hun xx

@Starsanddaggers are you an influencer? Been dying to ask you 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Say her name and she appeared. I knew she read here 😂😂🙌
I’m sure months ago on the MOD thread a user heavily implied that they were UGG or were possibly asked outright and didn’t deny it...but I could be wrong. From memory they weren’t there to defend MOD either. Might go off and have a look!

I wonder if Nurse Mum will pick up on it now it’s come to light the jokes about disabled children. I’m just so interested to hear her take on it cos Susie set up the go fund me for her, I’d like to know if she will stay silent or she will stand up for what’s right.

I’m sure months ago on the MOD thread a user heavily implied that they were UGG or were possibly asked outright and didn’t deny it...but I could be wrong. From memory they weren’t there to defend MOD either. Might go off and have a look!
Yeah UG set up an account on Instagram outing MOD I can’t remember the username just the stories saying who the duck is Alice or something like that 🤣

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.