Support Thread for the best strangers I've ever met!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can you send them my way please…? Thaaaaanks I’ve literally booked a days holiday to clean on Friday 😂🤦🏼‍♀️
That’s true, least it wasn’t first day! My cousin once broke his arm on the first day of summer holidays, then the second one the week later. Seriously 😂
Are you children enjoying it? 😍
lol yeah if you want!
God that’s unlucky! Bet he was so bored!!

yeah they are - well the baby is just chuffed he’s got room to crawl around! 😂😂 but my eldest is loving all the activities! We did 15,000 steps yesterday!! He was absolutely exhausted by bedtime - which was excellent for us! Haha!

Reactions: 2
lol yeah if you want!
God that’s unlucky! Bet he was so bored!!

yeah they are - well the baby is just chuffed he’s got room to crawl around! 😂😂 but my eldest is loving all the activities! We did 15,000 steps yesterday!! He was absolutely exhausted by bedtime - which was excellent for us! Haha!
Ah that’s amazing. I’m so glad 😍😍 I’ve never even considered a centre parcs kinda holiday (probably as we don’t drive tbh)
How old is your eldest? X
Tell your partner not to be working too hard on holiday 😂😂

Reactions: 1
Ah that’s amazing. I’m so glad 😍😍 I’ve never even considered a centre parcs kinda holiday (probably as we don’t drive tbh)
How old is your eldest? X
Tell your partner not to be working too hard on holiday 😂😂
to be fair… if you can get here on public transport it wouldn’t be too bad as everything you need is on site, including a supermarket, so you’d be fine once you got to your lodge. My eldest will be 4 in April.
I’ll give my partner credit… he’s been pretty good at not answering the phone and not doing too much work while we’re away! Normally he’s answering the phone constantly!

to be fair… if you can get here on public transport it wouldn’t be too bad as everything you need is on site, including a supermarket, so you’d be fine once you got to your lodge. My eldest will be 4 in April.
I’ll give my partner credit… he’s been pretty good at not answering the phone and not doing too much work while we’re away! Normally he’s answering the phone constantly!
Oh that’s cool! I’ll have to look at it thank you!

I’m so excited to go on holiday but, going home isn’t so much a holiday 😂 as such

I just thought. It’s good it’s your foot you brokeand not your hand you’ve still got one for wine and one for crunky snacks 😘😂

he doesn’t get bombarded on teams too does he? We’ve been so busy at my place lately I fear I’ll get PTSD from our notifications pinging

Oh that’s cool! I’ll have to look at it thank you!

I’m so excited to go on holiday but, going home isn’t so much a holiday 😂 as such

I just thought. It’s good it’s your foot you brokeand not your hand you’ve still got one for wine and one for crunky snacks 😘😂

he doesn’t get bombarded on teams too does he? We’ve been so busy at my place lately I fear I’ll get PTSD from our notifications pinging
aww yeah deffo have a look! There’s so much to do here it’s fab!

Ah yeah… wine and crunky snacks!!

We both logged out of Teams before we came away so thankfully we’ve not been bombarded! It’s his emails that are the worst as he’s too bloody nice and quite often gives his work email address to his patients and then has one for his private patients too! I think he should leave his secretary to do it but he rarely does and just tries to answer them all himself! Sometimes I feel like emailing him myself for a bit of attention 😂😂😂

aww yeah deffo have a look! There’s so much to do here it’s fab!

Ah yeah… wine and crunky snacks!!

We both logged out of Teams before we came away so thankfully we’ve not been bombarded! It’s his emails that are the worst as he’s too bloody nice and quite often gives his work email address to his patients and then has one for his private patients too! I think he should leave his secretary to do it but he rarely does and just tries to answer them all himself! Sometimes I feel like emailing him myself for a bit of attention 😂😂😂
Email him when your glass starts to run low and see what happens 😂
It’s our webchat ping that kills me I swear I hear it in my fecking sleep 😂
Bingbong
6317D4FE-A8E8-4757-B3EA-57581BCE2C5F.jpeg

this is where ill be in a week & a half 🥺🥺

• Heart
So I just wanted to share for anyone suffering with long covid who is feeling isolated and wondering if they’re the only one with certain symptoms etc that I have just found some really useful stuff.
The British heart foundation has a great page which is very informative and has a section where it shares stories of some individuals and their experience of their covid journey!
These are so helpful and I was relieved to read them that I wasn’t going crazy. You tend to feel that unless someone else has experienced how fucked up covid can make you that they really don’t get it. I’ve been quiet to friends and family as I don’t want to be judged so found this to be extremely reassuring.
One of the other takeaways from this site was a comment by one of them about a Facebook support group for long covid so I did a search and found two with thousands of followers and joined. And wow! I would highly recommend if you are struggling to join one!
Everyone on there is there for the same reason to get reassurance, get help and advice from people who have been through it all and still experiencing things, advice on handling docs and other lifestyle things to help your recovery.
One particular symptom I had been having and doc won’t listen and says it’s just anxiety. As soon as I went on the page, I saw a post about it! And people experiencing the same issues and I all of a sudden felt like I had support and I wasn’t crazy!
I wanted to share on here as I know a few have mentioned they have covid. it really helps when you speak with others who are going through the same! Don’t Feel isolated 💓
Or please share if you know someone else is suffering
Link to the British Heart Foundation

ETA forgot to mention amazing app I used, obviously not everyone finds the same things helpful, but it has for me finally get a good night sleep when my anxiety is high and scared to now ...
Insight Timer is the app
I did a deep sleep mediation for an hour and went off like a baby and woke up this morning! first good nights sleep I’ve had in while!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Omgsh sorry I’ve only just seen the reply 💓
I’m thinking I might actually be able to get to sleep tonight! 😨 and something just made me check here to see if you have been on!

I’m gonna do a hunch and copy you now 😂
I will write a proper reply tomorrow now cos I’m feeling a bit tired now! Too much writing about those nobs!

still had a few throat irritations but feeling better than I have in general. Spoke to my doc today he’s not as useless as the other guy but nearly! He just said I have low iron and vitamin D so giving me stuff for that and said no markers came up to suggest I’m severely allergic to the cat or tomatoes ( I had suspected) but he did say that doesn’t mean I don’t have an allergy or sensitivity to them. So I’m still keeping away from both and having my mask on if I go outside my bedroom just incase and until I feel I have recovered and still gonna take the anti histamine. I did remove my mask down off my face a bit when I had to go talk to my dad today and I felt like I had actual hairs in my throat (maybe in air from cat) and I do feel a tightening of my throat inside tonight a bit so 😬🤷🏻‍♀️ Who knows!

it's like a double edged sword isnt it, when we get to do something on the house, you feel good to get something done but when it fucks you later on, you wish you hadn’t bothered 😕

Hope you get some more answers soon my lovely 😘 I could sooo do with a tablet it would make it so much easier on here! 😂 but if I’m lucky enough to get back to work in next couple weeks I won’t be on as much 😢

anyways I can enjoy the tit Show for a bit longer until then!
Goodnight and hopefully we can both get some rest 😘 xxx
@moominflower - Hi! Well I've had my standard 2.5 hrs kip and woke up hacking so here i am! A good quiet time to reply!

I'm glad you aren't as bad as you were but still go easy on yourself at least this doctor has been a bit more help. Just doing stuff around the house even small things can tire you easily when you've been really poorly so don't push yourself too hard too soon.

So, here I am almost a week after i should have had heart surgery and it got cancelled as you know & why blah blah!

I got my call off the cariac nurse Tuesday and she & the consultant have written to my useless GP who is conveniently on leave to explain I'm not well enough/test results and the need for futher tests/investigations before they can rescedule. In the meantime i have a continual chest infection that is resistant to antibiotics so i often sound like a waterlogged dalek!

They can't proceed with further investigations without consulting with the GP and i will be informed either by her or the cardiology dept as to the next steps but it's a waiting game that is stressful on me and my OH and now have no date in the diary whilst feeling pretty grim.

I am going to get my hair done today as i badly need something nice and the only time in 2 months i have been out other than hospital/docs. I expect to get summoned to my doctor next week if she's back.

Still haven't opened my new tablet after 4 days to be honest haven't felt up to that or watching much TV just reading here off my phone and online grocery shopping so i need to sort that out!

It's bloody freezing again this morning - who knows if Hinch will appear. I think so many even us hens are losing interest but feel something big has possibly happened in which case probably best she stays off IG like most normal people would.

I do hope you have had some sleep and it's lovely to have somewhere to chat. When you are ill it's easy to become isolated i know i have. I do have a counsellor who i speak to given my diagnosis is life changing and can be life limiting.

I've also just seen your link to the BHF they are excellent and really informative. There are so many in the same boat after covid. Xx 🤗

@moominflower I must try that sleep app but naturally wake up after a couple of hours despite diazepam for pain and bloody coughing. One thing I've found helps with relaxing and sleep wgen it happens is a spray from AmaZON 🤣 called Sleep S.O.S by Drowsy sleep company. Not cheap but quite strong you only need a couple of tiny sprays and I've tried loads this is the best one and good for anxiety. NOT an AD 😄

Last edited:
Why’ve they done that?
><
atleast you’re still standing
they said cos I’m out of area I need to be reviewed by the fracture clinic at home and cos I’d walked on it quite a bit after I did it that a cast might set it the wrong way 🙄 so they’ve given me a boot and (apparently) written to my GP to refer me to the fracture clinic at our local hospital. But my partner is like “I’ll find someone to look at it privately next week” 😂😂 he’s been amazing, to be fair, although was annoyed today cos I’ve said I want to cancel tonight’s meal out and just eat in the lodge but he’s said we should eat out still 🙄 god only knows what’s so special about eating out tonight! I know it’s our last night but goddddd!!!

• Sad
OMG! You brave witch
Do you get time off now?
Hey! Your fella now becomes your slave! 😂😂

Who?!
I totally agree 😍
I preordered avril’s new album just as excited as I was to buy her first 🥰
And when I heard Tom Delong’s might join blink 182 again I nearly pissed with glee
100 reasons supported by hell is for heroes! so excited

they said cos I’m out of area I need to be reviewed by the fracture clinic at home and cos I’d walked on it quite a bit after I did it that a cast might set it the wrong way 🙄 so they’ve given me a boot and (apparently) written to my GP to refer me to the fracture clinic at our local hospital. But my partner is like “I’ll find someone to look at it privately next week” 😂😂 he’s been amazing, to be fair, although was annoyed today cos I’ve said I want to cancel tonight’s meal out and just eat in the lodge but he’s said we should eat out still 🙄 god only knows what’s so special about eating out tonight! I know it’s our last night but goddddd!!!
Proposing….? 👀👀

• Wow
100 reasons supported by hell is for heroes! so excited
We’re not alone

we are all Peter Pan.

At Center Parcs?!!! Nah… he’s always said he doesn’t want to get married again and both of our divorces aren’t finalised yet (mine is at decree nisi… his is a tit show so god only knows when he’ll be a free man!)
Oh them god knows. Maybe there’s something on the menu he really wants 🤔

• Heart
…. Why do I feel we’re besties from a far? 😂😍
I nearly cried that I couldn’t get Avril tickets
cos we clearly are!! Would love to see Avril again! A lot of gigs I end up having to go on my own, though, as obv my partner won’t come with me!

We’re not alone

we are all Peter Pan.

Oh them god knows. Maybe there’s something on the menu he really wants 🤔
lol it’s only the on-site pub! He’s deffo eaten way better food in his life 😂😂😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.