Support for anyone that needs to vent #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Cleared my parents’ birthdays without an insignificant amount of damage to my mental health. Next up is my own birthday where they manage to make it all about them. Yaaay. 😐

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Bit of a tit day, I really don't like slagging off my oh, but he really upset me today, his trouble is he's very blunt sometimes and the words that come out of his mouth can really hurt, we're ok now, but those words will stay with me for a while.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Today is my birthday! Feel like absolute tit tbh and I've cried a couple of times today as I'm emotional as duck. My period is also due any moment so that's inevitable anyway. Time is flying, I'm getting older and I feel stuck. I'm not in a relationship, I have to change jobs in a matter of months and I hardly have any close friends. If it wasn't for a couple of ex colleagues (who I miss dearly!), that probably felt obligated to wish me a happy birthday, my phone would have been dead all day. I didn't even tell anyone at my current workplace that it's my birthday because I'm sure no one cares enough. Maybe I'm expecting too much from everyone but it kind of hurts my feelings when cousins, aunts/uncles and distant relatives don't find 5 seconds to send a message or leave a post. Yes we're not super close but we're not complete strangers either. Though to be fair even my own father hasn't given a tit about me in years so maybe it runs in the family lol. So yess..feeling extra lonely today and sadly don't see the situation getting better anytime soon.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Today is my birthday! Feel like absolute tit tbh and I've cried a couple of times today as I'm emotional as duck. My period is also due any moment so that's inevitable anyway. Time is flying, I'm getting older and I feel stuck. I'm not in a relationship, I have to change jobs in a matter of months and I hardly have any close friends. If it wasn't for a couple of ex colleagues (who I miss dearly!), that probably felt obligated to wish me a happy birthday, my phone would have been dead all day. I didn't even tell anyone at my current workplace that it's my birthday because I'm sure no one cares enough. Maybe I'm expecting too much from everyone but it kind of hurts my feelings when cousins, aunts/uncles and distant relatives don't find 5 seconds to send a message or leave a post. Yes we're not super close but we're not complete strangers either. Though to be fair even my own father hasn't given a tit about me in years so maybe it runs in the family lol. So yess..feeling extra lonely today and sadly don't see the situation getting better anytime soon.
happy birthday 💗

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Happiest of birthdays to you ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Happy Birthday 🎈

today is the start of a new year of your life, so instead of feeling down about things, why not spend time starting to make plans? I’m not sure what you mean regarding “having” to change jobs, but do you have a job you enjoy? If not, make plans to change that. You are single - so if you want a relationship you need to make plans to kick start that. Start a new hobby, go travelling on your own, reach out to friends you’ve grown distant from. Same with friendships - you have to put yourself out there and put the effort in to get to know new people and start making friends.

it’s a new year - make plans, start doing things. See how far you’ve come this time next year.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Another Friday night gone down the drain. I just logged off from work after logging in at 9.30 this morning. I haven't had the chance to have lunch or do anything. I've been glued at the same spot for hours on end trying to work on a ridiculous process for a ridiculous company. My evening is gone because I had to send across this deliverable as today was the deadline and it was a complicated case. While everyone logged off at 5.30pm, I was stuck there for hours on end contemplating logging off and never coming back.

I haven't had the chance to have a proper meal for days because of how busy I have been, working late and not having any lunch break. My managers do not understand the amount of work I have is not manageable. I wasn't even able to plan a day trip somewhere for this bank holiday because I was too consumed with work.

I don't want to complain about this, but I have significant dark circles from the exhaustion and on top of this, all my clothes are now too big for me. I haven't been eating anything because of the work stress, on top of not going out for days on end, on top of barely sleeping. I really cannot cope anymore.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Another Friday night gone down the drain. I just logged off from work after logging in at 9.30 this morning. I haven't had the chance to have lunch or do anything. I've been glued at the same spot for hours on end trying to work on a ridiculous process for a ridiculous company. My evening is gone because I had to send across this deliverable as today was the deadline and it was a complicated case. While everyone logged off at 5.30pm, I was stuck there for hours on end contemplating logging off and never coming back.

I haven't had the chance to have a proper meal for days because of how busy I have been, working late and not having any lunch break. My managers do not understand the amount of work I have is not manageable. I wasn't even able to plan a day trip somewhere for this bank holiday because I was too consumed with work.

I don't want to complain about this, but I have significant dark circles from the exhaustion and on top of this, all my clothes are now too big for me. I haven't been eating anything because of the work stress, on top of not going out for days on end, on top of barely sleeping. I really cannot cope anymore.
Stop.

just stop.

whatever your job is, I can assure you, it’s not that important. Just stop.

Take this coming week off. Call in sick. Do it.

see your GP and explain what’s going on. You need help & support. Do you have any family/friends who you can lean on for support?

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Just had my partner of 6 years break up with me and honestly I’m angry and upset. Annoyed cause I feel like I’ve just wasted the time of my life with someone I thought was going to be with forever. Don’t really have any friends to talk about this with so just venting on here.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
Just had my partner of 6 years break up with me and honestly I’m angry and upset. Annoyed cause I feel like I’ve just wasted the time of my life with someone I thought was going to be with forever. Don’t really have any friends to talk about this with so just venting on here.
so sorry to hear this 😞 sending love 💛 vent away if you need it x

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Feeling a bit sad atm. Moved to a new city about 3 months ago to live with my partner - it’s a new place for both of us as we wanted to start our life together somewhere new (we were long distance for a long time)
I’m 28 and lived with my parents until now and I never ever expected to be so homesick; I was desperate for my own space. I waited three months to come back and visit, and I came back this week and honestly I feel like it’s set me back. I don’t want to leave. Has anyone else experienced this and how long does it take to go away? I am so close to convincing my partner for us to move back to my hometown purely so I can be closer to them. It’s a really crappy feeling and I just feel like a failure if I return, but honestly I don’t know how long I can go on feeling so sad and not myself.

Sorry to dump this rant here - I’ve not told anyone at all I’m feeling this sad about it and honestly it just feels a bit better getting it out.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Feeling a bit sad atm. Moved to a new city about 3 months ago to live with my partner - it’s a new place for both of us as we wanted to start our life together somewhere new (we were long distance for a long time)
I’m 28 and lived with my parents until now and I never ever expected to be so homesick; I was desperate for my own space. I waited three months to come back and visit, and I came back this week and honestly I feel like it’s set me back. I don’t want to leave. Has anyone else experienced this and how long does it take to go away? I am so close to convincing my partner for us to move back to my hometown purely so I can be closer to them. It’s a really crappy feeling and I just feel like a failure if I return, but honestly I don’t know how long I can go on feeling so sad and not myself.

Sorry to dump this rant here - I’ve not told anyone at all I’m feeling this sad about it and honestly it just feels a bit better getting it out.
how far away is it from your parents? Also is something else going on that's making you want to go home? Stress? Work? issues with your partner?
I'm just thinking cause when I moved abroad I was homesick for the first 2 months but it was really just stress of sorting everything out in a new country completely alone. As soon as everything was sorted, I started to enjoy it a lot more and I wasn't homesick at all after that.
Do you know anyone besides your partner in the new city? Could you join a club or something? Maybe go out in the new city for the day and explore? Find something lovely that you enjoy. I had a lovely forest that I would go to when I moved abroad and it really helped me fall in love with the place.

• Heart
how far away is it from your parents? Also is something else going on that's making you want to go home? Stress? Work? issues with your partner?
I'm just thinking cause when I moved abroad I was homesick for the first 2 months but it was really just stress of sorting everything out in a new country completely alone. As soon as everything was sorted, I started to enjoy it a lot more and I wasn't homesick at all after that.
Do you know anyone besides your partner in the new city? Could you join a club or something? Maybe go out in the new city for the day and explore? Find something lovely that you enjoy. I had a lovely forest that I would go to when I moved abroad and it really helped me fall in love with the place.
Thank you for responding! It’s only about a three hour drive/train from my parents so I know in the grand scheme of things it’s nothing. I don’t think there is anything in particular that’s causing it other than the fact I miss them, and the familiarity of home - I suffer from quite bad anxiety and I do think it’s been exacerbated by the change of circumstance. I love my partner and she is very supportive, but I don’t like talking about how I’m feeling incase she feels like I’m unhappy with her (that is me projecting, realistically I do think she would understand)

I have friends here and I’ve seen them a few times but they have their own lives and are settled here so I don’t want to be a bother. That is really good advice to try and find something to do or somewhere to explore. I need to force myself to do this, I think - having been feeling a bit sad it’s very easy to shut myself away.

It’s good to hear that these feelings went away for you and I am definitely holding out hope! Honestly I never expected to feel like this at all; I’m generally quite an outgoing and social person, I didn’t think I’d be affected by homesickness or missing my family as much as I have so I feel really silly!

Thank you again for your response and advice 😊

Thank you for responding! It’s only about a three hour drive/train from my parents so I know in the grand scheme of things it’s nothing. I don’t think there is anything in particular that’s causing it other than the fact I miss them, and the familiarity of home - I suffer from quite bad anxiety and I do think it’s been exacerbated by the change of circumstance. I love my partner and she is very supportive, but I don’t like talking about how I’m feeling incase she feels like I’m unhappy with her (that is me projecting, realistically I do think she would understand)

I have friends here and I’ve seen them a few times but they have their own lives and are settled here so I don’t want to be a bother. That is really good advice to try and find something to do or somewhere to explore. I need to force myself to do this, I think - having been feeling a bit sad it’s very easy to shut myself away.

It’s good to hear that these feelings went away for you and I am definitely holding out hope! Honestly I never expected to feel like this at all; I’m generally quite an outgoing and social person, I didn’t think I’d be affected by homesickness or missing my family as much as I have so I feel really silly!

Thank you again for your response and advice 😊
well 3 hours is still far away from what is familiar and it's not silly. Is it feasible for you to visit every weekend? Even if it's just Saturday night. I know that seems counterproductive but it might help ease you in a bit more instead of like cold turkey and you'll have something to look forward? And in the mean time, you can find things you love about where you live. Also maybe discuss it with your partner? She could be feeling the same way and then maybe you explore together? Also reach out to your friends. I know they've got their own lives but I'm sure they'll be upset to find out you're struggling and will want to help. I'd be heartbroken if my friend moved near me, was struggling to settle and hadn't told me.

I know exactly what you mean about shutting yourself off. The first 3 weeks when I moved abroad were an absolute write off cause I just cried and hated every minute and then everything seemed so much worse so I would hate stupids things like mud on the path but really I was just adjusting

• Heart
You are 28 and you’ve just moved into your own home AND in with your partner - this should be an exiting time! Stop focusing on what you’ve left behind - your parents are a phone call away and a couple of hours along the road. It was time to move out and away, you are a grown up and this is the natural order of things!
Start focusing on your new life in your new home with your partner. Go out together to explore the area you are living in, find cute pubs or restaurants to make your own, start making plans to decorate your place together or buy new furniture etc - throw a moving in party, have sex in every room
And just fully embrace this next stage in your life - please don’t waste this special time by focusing on your parents.

• Haha
Stop.

just stop.

whatever your job is, I can assure you, it’s not that important. Just stop.

Take this coming week off. Call in sick. Do it.

see your GP and explain what’s going on. You need help & support. Do you have any family/friends who you can lean on for support?
Thank you for your very truthful words.

It's not worth it. Definitely agree, especially as all this overtime is unpaid. I'm sacrificing my personal time for a purpose that has no return, aside from the fact that I am compelled to meet the deadlines or else I'll get an "unsatisfactory" on my report card / scorecard (we get report cards with individual grades on a quarterly basis - this for everyone to see). Every morning I tell myself me slaving myself away like this is not worth it, but until I find a new job, this nightmare is my reality.

I don't have anyone family-wise, unfortunately. I have friends, but I'm not close enough to start discussing this.

Tomorrow is a public holiday over here, so it's giving me a small break and I'm off next Friday. I've made a point not to log in at all this holiday weekend.

The last time I went on sick leave for literally 1 day because I ended up at the emergency the night before as I had some odd neurological episode after months of working unreasonable hours, they dumped even more work on me when I got back. Nobody asked if I was feeling better or if I needed more days off. The day of my return at 9am, it was literally like: "Hi, heard you were on sick leave, now that you're back, can you look into XYZ because so and so was looking for you". Literally.

With these people, taking sick days is even worse because you can rest assured you'll pay double when you come back. They're a nightmare.

I work in finance and have been in the industry for 7 years now. I worked for equally large companies before, but I'd never seen such atrocity until I joined this company a year ago. They've really impacted my mental health in such a negative way to the point where I'm literally on auto-pilot most days and any sense of enjoyment is gone because I'm constantly stressed. Not to mention, we now have to show up to the office once a week which adds another layer of stress because I don't want to be there with them.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Feeling like absolute tit, my whole weekends are wasted, I’ve got no friends to spend the time with I’m sad, miserable & lonely, my kids have gone to their dads today so I’ve just sat in my bed crying like a sad witch, I’ve come off social media cos I’m sick & tired of seeing how everyone else is happy all loved up or off out with friends to the pub etc…. I’ve got no money gone way past my overdraft so my direct debits haven’t gone out, kids keep saying there is no food in & I literally can’t afford any till I get paid on Thursday, I’m too proud to ask my parents for money cos I feel like a failure if I do. I just don’t know what to do I really don’t, sorry rant over x

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.