Sunbeamsjess

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To be quite honest, I don’t think many people her age have a set purpose right now. I’m the same age working in a graduate job with a load of other people my age, and barely any of us know what we want in the next 5 years. As someone doing it, I don’t see how a 9-5 plus busy periods, earning a half decent wage gives someone a purpose more than becoming a mother does? I’d say earning her own money (and a lot of it) is better than grinding away to line the pockets of someone else.
Fair enough we your experience.

Becoming a mother is an amazing experience. But the thing about kids is they grow up very very fast & Jess is still young. The beauty of Jess’s life is that she doesn’t have to toll at a regular job. I would like her to develop something that makes her more fulfilled as well as being a mother.

Reactions: 1
I dunno why so many people are obsessed with Jess doing more and how her life isn’t “fulfilling” enough.
Let’s face it, she earns 10 times more than she would in any job her degree could get her.
she gets to do whatever she wants, a bit of styling, a bit of photography, shoot look books with zak and shop for a living. She bought a huge beautiful house and is doing probably a 2/300k renovation right now and can set her own schedule and spend the whole day reading if she wants to. She also has time to support her mum and drive her to all her appointments during her cancer treatment.

I dunno why you all think she would be more fulfilled doing a low paid 9-5. Sounds like she has the perfect set up for her interests and is lucky that she and Zak will be able to spend a lot of time with the baby in its early years.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I dunno why so many people are obsessed with Jess doing more and how her life isn’t “fulfilling” enough.
Let’s face it, she earns 10 times more than she would in any job her degree could get her.
she gets to do whatever she wants, a bit of styling, a bit of photography, shoot look books with zak and shop for a living. She bought a huge beautiful house and is doing probably a 2/300k renovation right now and can set her own schedule and spend the whole day reading if she wants to. She also has time to support her mum and drive her to all her appointments during her cancer treatment.

I dunno why you all think she would be more fulfilled doing a low paid 9-5. Sounds like she has the perfect set up for her interests and is lucky that she and Zak will be able to spend a lot of time with the baby in its early years.
I think this entirely misses the point. No one is suggesting she should do a low paid 9-5. The point is that she does... nothing. She thinks reading all day is a genuinely busy day. She seems to want some kind of purpose in her - at present, directionless - life. Whether that’s a low paid, high paid, or voluntary role, it doesn’t matter. She just seems to have a gaping hole in her life post-education sitting around achieving nothing at all. I think a lot of people here want that for her because she has the opportunities open to her and she always seemed to want to achieve something, before it all dwindled down to nothing.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Just a thoughts, Zak’s parents could just top him up? I don’t believe he’s done pupil premium kid! I’m sure someone mentioned earlier in the thread! It’s likely he just does stuff because he gets paid to? Plus Jess will be being paid a tone for her sponsored work

Jess, is that you?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Out of curiosity, would people be questioning what Zak was doing if the genders were reversed? I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone complain about or question a stay at home mum, but always see stay at home fathers, or even just men who work for their partner be questioned. At least he keeps out of her channel, I hate when youtubers boyfriends/husbands decide it’s going to be a shared channel when it’s something she’s worked on for years before alone.

Not sure when he quit his job, but perhaps when she found out she was pregnant they both decided to split the load of parenting and work and that’s why he now works for her?
Yeah I'd feel the same about it if the genders were reversed, if they're being bankrolled by the other half's parent.

Reactions: 13
I think this entirely misses the point. No one is suggesting she should do a low paid 9-5. The point is that she does... nothing. She thinks reading all day is a genuinely busy day. She seems to want some kind of purpose in her - at present, directionless - life. Whether that’s a low paid, high paid, or voluntary role, it doesn’t matter. She just seems to have a gaping hole in her life post-education sitting around achieving nothing at all. I think a lot of people here want that for her because she has the opportunities open to her and she always seemed to want to achieve something, before it all dwindled down to nothing.
This. I wasn’t suggesting she get a 9-5. But she’s become chronically lazy & claims to be tired (pre pregnancy) while doing next to nothing. There are loads of things she do that would get her out if the house. Free tutoring etc. Or she could do some of her house herself.

Reactions: 11
I agree how problematic out dated opinions on gender roles are..... I also think it's fair to question why someone's partner is on the bank roll of a family member. That's not normal. Getting back to chauffer around your partner's mum, run errands, cook for relatives, etc. is quite strange no? It doesn't matter whether that person is the father or mother. Relying so much on your parnter for your income is scary.
I agree about the reliance, I think one of the most important things a woman can be is financially independent, but I also think people should be given a choice without judgement.

There’s no evidence he’s on the family payroll, just that he works for Jess. Perhaps he’s just a nice person and wants to drive her mum to appointments, and enjoys cooking tea?

Maybe I’m in a minority, but I really don’t see a problem with someone’s partner working for them. If you’re going to have someone work for you anyway, why not see if family want to first? Especially your partner because it helps reduce tax liabilities if anything.

Reactions: 6
Noticed this too! her mannerisms seem really different. Like she puts on a weird voice randomly for a couple of words and does a weird a scrunch up of her face idk how to describe haha. Don't mean this in a nasty way it's just something I've noticed more in her videos that she didn't used to do. She seemed much more natural on camera in her uni days.
Yes!! But I'm totally getting vibes that she's read some comments about how she lacks charisma and that's her way of combatting it and being like 'hey I'm charismatic and appealing and entertaining'

Jess, is that you?
I mean I’m hardly fawning over her or defending her? I just think all this “not fulfilling her potential/ not having a purpose” is projecting.

I’m sure she’s perfectly happy with the set up she has now and that’s why she does it.

Reactions: 9
Out of curiosity, would people be questioning what Zak was doing if the genders were reversed? I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone complain about or question a stay at home mum, but always see stay at home fathers, or even just men who work for their partner be questioned. At least he keeps out of her channel, I hate when youtubers boyfriends/husbands decide it’s going to be a shared channel when it’s something she’s worked on for years before alone.

Not sure when he quit his job, but perhaps when she found out she was pregnant they both decided to split the load of parenting and work and that’s why he now works for her?
Speaking for myself, I definitely do judge women of this generation for relying on their husband’s career and income. Especially since you don’t know what life has in store for you. Come a divorce or husband loses his job (or worse) and you’re left with nothing. Plus, I do not like all the financial responsibility to be on one person. That makes it so hard if the one earning money is not happy in their job and wants a career change or something.

As for people studying and not doing really working after their degree, I can only speak for my own country. But studying is quite heavily funded here, even though you have to pay some i to yourself too. If you get that opportunity, I think you should at least do something following your degree. But I digress, this may be too political for Tattle.

• Heart

Tbh I would probably question it even more... a girl just giving up her job, moving in with her bf, and on his payroll in his house and therefore under his control.

They SAHM analogy doesn’t really fit, Zak was doing this well before the pregnancy. I have no idea why people are talking about househusbands or stay at home moms, lmao, this is an early 20 something boyfriend and girlfriend who laze around her moms house all day.

In fact, I think people are more lenient on men because there’s this idea ‘he must be doing SOMETHING’ whereas with a young woman they’d call her a lazy goldigger.

Reactions: 10
I mean I’m hardly fawning over her or defending her? I just think all this “not fulfilling her potential/ not having a purpose” is projecting.

I’m sure she’s perfectly happy with the set up she has now and that’s why she does it.
Im not projecting. Tbh pre baby announcement she seemed lazy & bored as hell.

Reactions: 6
i've already been too opinionated on this thread so i won't go into too much detail but i think zak seems like a really nice guy

Although I do think Jess is lazy, I have no problem with her not pursuing some big career. There is so much more to life than labor. She has found a way to earn money with minimal effort, I wish I could do the same.

I think that her not having work ambitions probably played a big role in deciding to keep the baby (assuming that it was not planned).

Reactions: 17
Although I do think Jess is lazy, I have no problem with her not pursuing some big career. There is so much more to life than labor. She has found a way to earn money with minimal effort, I wish I could do the same.

I think that her not having work ambitions probably played a big role in deciding to keep the baby (assuming that it was not planned).
Yeah I'm feeling similar about more to life than labour and if she is happy fair enough. Though I think for me it's not that she doesn't work it's frustration of watching someone who could do anything just sit around reading all day. I have so many things I would love to do if I had the amount of money and spare time as she does. I'm not saying she should go get a 9-5 or do a PhD just for the sake of it but she hasn't even travelled much for someone in her position, even small trips round the UK could fill her time more and be interesting content. She could work with a charity in an interesting role and bring awareness to a cause. Tonnes of things there must be something else she is interested in surely? But maybe she is happy just mostly staying in the house reading which is fair enough but it just isn't relatable as to most people it isn't an option and even if it were it wouldn't fulfil most people. I know I would go insane with boredom and I love reading.

It is interesting as it's a rare scenario to witness someone live the way she does so I'm not surprised it causes so much discussion and differing opinions. Particularly as vlogging makes it feel more personal than say people on Made in Chelsea so feels more like a real person, at least to me anyways.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I think that many people would dream to sit around and read all day. Sounds like my personal dream life to be honest.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
We are all kind of projecting what we would like to do in her place. But that doesn’t mean she wants to or cares to do those things 🤷🏻‍♀️ We are all free to decide how to spends our lives after all, and if she wants to be lazy and not do anything, it’s her right

Reactions: 5
I think that many people would dream to sit around and read all day. Sounds like my personal dream life to be honest.
I technically think the same - purely because I do have a busy life and career and would appreciate the downtime. But I know fine well that I’d be bored after a few weeks - maybe even before then - and itching to get back to doing something with my life.

It just amazes me she’s never had that feeling of wanting to do something.

Reactions: 5
Reading seems to be her main passion so I can kinda see how she'd be fulfilled with doing that most days. But I think she did feel a bit lost, hence why having a baby gave her her future back, as she said herself.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.