Sunbeamsjess

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Literally sprung out my seat and came running to get my laptop to come here! I can't believe this forum called it!

Reactions: 13
It’s still so bizarre to me, but good for her if it’s what she wants. She’d rarely if ever talk about having kids as a high priority for her future and always seemed much more driven career-wise, but you guys are probably right in guessing her mother’s illness might have changed her views...

Reactions: 8
The pumpkin was when there was no confusion imo!

She definitely looked at the pregnancy book on good reads right when she found out then.

I don't think kids was an immediate priority, I see it as more of a happy accident. I'm sure they were happy when they found out since they have the house, and jess apparently makes enough money despite only working about a day a month, but I don't think they were actively TTC.

Reactions: 19
It’s still so bizarre to me, but good for her if it’s what she wants. She’d rarely if ever talk about having kids as a high priority for her future and always seemed much more driven career-wise, but you guys are probably right in guessing her mother’s illness might have changed her views...
to be fair in the video she doesn't give the impression that the pregnancy was planned. quite the opposite really. although she does say that considering the tit year with her mum's illness and covid the pregnancy gave her some way of looking into the future; some sort of purpose

Reactions: 10
I believe she sees herself as a future Sammi Jefcoate, a cool mum (to use her favourite adjective), minus the fantastic sense of style.

With her new channel direction, undisclosed ads, and her sad book reviews stolen from Goodreads, I think I'll finally unsubscribe. I found the pregnancy speculation entertaining, but beyond that, her channel doesn't cut it for me anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
to be fair in the video she doesn't give the impression that the pregnancy was planned. quite the opposite really. although she does say that considering the tit year with her mum's illness and covid the pregnancy gave her some way of looking into the future; some sort of purpose
Ah I see. I haven’t watched the video yet, came straight here from her instagram post.
Not to be harsh and speaking solely from secondhand experience, but I wonder if she’s really thought through what it really means to commit to having a child. People always think of “purpose” in relation to kids with rose tinted lens, but if children weren’t high on how she saw meaning in her life to begin with (and that’s obviously a big assumption on my part, and I could be wrong), those sleepless nights for months on end can be particularly devastating on mental health. And we’ve all watched how she’s seemed to struggle generally with just everyday life after being out of uni.

Well, she has the financial means for it, so at least the exorbitant cost of being a parent these days won’t be an issue for her.

Reactions: 10
Looks like the supposed friend of Jess’ close uni friend that posted was a fake after all - what possesses people to do that?! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
I'm happy that things are finally looking up for her but I really do think she needs to see a therapist, she would definitely benefit from it (honestly most people would but I know a lot of people can't afford it, but I know she can). Like it's been pointed out how directionless she seems and I think her going to a therapist will at least help her figure out what she wants in her life rather than just having a to do list or following what the next step should be. Congrats to her and I know she won't be struggling too much because she has the time and resources but I hope she doesn't put her mental health on the back burner.

Reactions: 7
Currently watching her video, she looks very happy, good for her! It's also great that her mom has been responding well to treatments too!

I'm a bit sceptical about her decisions to live at her mom's ever after having the baby... don't know how big the house is and how isolated they can be, but personally I would feel bad to bring a baby (who will be crying at nights etc) into the home of a cancer patient who also needs a calm environment to rest. It's not like she doesn't have the means to rent her own place for a few months...
I think this is quite harsh. If everything continues as it is going then her mum might not be receiving any treatment by March. I'm sure her mum would like having her granddaughter around as much as possible.

Their house is huge.

In my head Jess is still only about 17/18 so her having a baby is just odd to me lol.

Happy for her though! Just never really a direction I believe she’d take

Reactions: 37
Plus she's been very quiet on the house front. I wouldn't be surprised if they've been working on their own house quietly in the background to get at least some of it in a liveable state so they can move out at some point sooner than they intended.

Reactions: 3
If someone is happy that they’re pregnant, which Jess seems to be, then that’s great! She’ll know soon enough what the reality of having a baby is like and I’m sure she’s discussed the housing situation with her family. As mentioned above she does own a house so it’s not like she’ll be there for years and years

Reactions: 11
I'm quite curious what she's gonna name the baby because her and Zak seem like the type who might go for something quite out there. My money's on Lyra though because she loves the His Dark Materials books.

Reactions: 19
Although everyone on here guessed it and I agreed, I'm still quite surprised. I just never thought she'd be someone to have kids before 30 for some reason, I struggle to see her as a mum. Having watched the video, she does seem happy and I'm very glad for them, especially her mum for getting better. Her mum had her young and still managed to have a great career so it wouldn't surprise me if Jess went for a PhD in the future and stuff.

Reactions: 8
I'm really excited for her! I feel like this is the happiest we've seen her since before her mom's diagnosis.

I'm sure her mom will love having the baby around all the time. I mean, isn't that every grandparent's dream? Lol! And while/after dealing with cancer treatment, I'm sure it will be a welcome reprieve for the entire family.

Also, I agree with the comment suggesting she see a therapist. I think there's a lot of shaming surrounding people who are financially well off seeing a therapist in a "oh how can you have problems, you have everything!" sort of way. I don't agree with that at all and I feel like I see that a lot on these forums. Depression/anxiety or whatever other mental illness does not discriminate just because you have a cushy bank account.

Reactions: 17
Forget about a great career in anything other than influencing, she's just not going to have it especially now with a baby. She'll be an influencer forever, perhaps with a change in direction.

I’ve never posted in this thread before, but I’ve been watching Jess forever; I’ve always loved her but found her a bit meh in terms of recognising her privilege etc. I am absolutely SHOOK that she is pregnant, to me she still seems so young it’s mad. And in a way I feel kinda sad, makes me feel super old (I’m a year younger) but I’m so happy for them at the same time. I’m just so shocked. I guess when they found it she was pregnant, given everything that’s going on with her mum, they decided to go ahead with it. I guess as well I’m sad because I always thought I’d see her do something amazing with her career, or do a PhD - but I don’t see her doing that now sadly

Reactions: 7
Her life doesn't stop because she's becoming a mother, she could absolutely pursue a PhD in a few years if she wants to. But maybe she will enjoy being a mother and won't feel the need to do one, and that's fine too.

She seems happy so I'm happy for her and Zak! I also hope that her mom's health gets better and better, I'm sure that she's very happy to become a grandmother.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.