Sunbeamsjess

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The privileged lifestyle doesn’t just come from her Mum and Dad. Her Step Dad (India’s dad) is a successful partner at the same law firm as her Mum. Being a partner at that place provides an annual income equivalent to winning the lottery. He’s super proud of her (especially when she graduated with her first, as any parent would be) and how she has created a role for herself that provides income, but I always get the impression that she rejects him a bit which is a bit sad. Or at least I don’t think I’ve ever heard her mention him being on the scene at all.
Do you know them personally? Not questioning you I just know she never said she got a first

Do you know them personally? Not questioning you I just know she never said she got a first
I don’t know Jess but I know her Mum and Step-Dad.

I didn’t realise she hadn’t shared her undergrad degree result- have to admit I only dip in and out of following her and seeing what she’s up to (or not as the case may be). I’m surprised to hear that in many ways as the studying seemed to be a big part of her uni vlogs and I always thought was quite refreshing in comparison to other influencers. It could have been a nice outcome to share at the end of the Edinburgh journey.

What makes you say her stepdad is proud, especially at making a role/income for herself, but she pushes him away? Just curious if she has said things that make you think that. I've heard her mention him a few times but nothing along those lines. From what she has said it seems their relationship is fine though. She doesn't talk about her mum a huge amount either (though more than she does her stepdad), and out of her family she only ever shows Indie as far as I have seen though could be wrong, so I got the impression they just don't want to be on camera/mentioned in detail.
Purely my own impression about the relationship 🤷🏻‍♀️

I’ve always really liked Jess but I really dislike how she ignores advertising guidelines and doesn’t interact with her viewership.

Reactions: 10
I'm the same, that's the type of content that I signed up for. Was the backlash mainly on youtube? I really can't remember but just remember that she just stopped doing them :(
From what I saw they were always on her "what i got for my bday/xmas" videos. People constantly telling her she's selfish, tone-deaf, reminding her that there's people out there that are less fortunate etc... I really hate that whole narrative, Jessie's parents buying her expensive presents isn't the reason poverty exists.

Reactions: 7
From what I saw they were always on her "what i got for my bday/xmas" videos. People constantly telling her she's selfish, tone-deaf, reminding her that there's people out there that are less fortunate etc... I really hate that whole narrative, Jessie's parents buying her expensive presents isn't the reason poverty exists.
Yet at the same time other things she has featured in her videos imply extreme wealth but theyre accepted and encouraged. Like her family trip to India looked to cost tens of thousands of dollars. Her privilege is all over everything, but it's only obejectionable to show when it's a handbag or something... then its beyond the pale and offensive. Doesn't make sense to me.

Reactions: 15
Now she's dreaming of the weekend 🤔 You'd think, for someone who reads as much as she does, she'd be able to come up with better captions that aren't so out of touch.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
Stop the shenanigans Jess, everyone knows you do sweet duck all during the week whilst everyone else is slaving away at their actual jobs. Reminds me of that offensive tube post she made a while ago 🙄

20200917_152725.jpg

Reactions: 7
I remember she posted a handbag collection video years ago which I liked as a lot of her bags back then were not the sort of thing every influencer had at that time. Although I could never afford the designer things she had I also enjoyed watching her xmas/birthday videos as her Mum always bought her some amazing things, it was a shame she stopped doing them especially with Youtube today where it seems every influencer can either afford or is gifted designer items.

Reactions: 3
Jess bring home her childhood books now makes me suspect she's pregnant.

I know everyone is different, but I have mine in storage until I have children since it will take up unnecessary space.

Reactions: 1
Jess bring home her childhood books now makes me suspect she's pregnant.

I know everyone is different, but I have mine in storage until I have children since it will take up unnecessary space.
I agree however she seems to have been shoving herself into jeans etc that are the wrong size I don’t know how they’d be comfortable anyway yet alone if you knew you were expecting!

I personally don't think she is pregnant, she admitted herself that she hasn't been doing loads of exercise due to covid and said she still won't be going back to the gym, even though they are open now, presumably due to her Mums condition. In her try-on a couple of days ago she still looks super slim, I personally don't think she has gained weight.

Reactions: 10
Yeah if I hadn't seen the goodreads pregnancy book I wouldn't have even considered a potential pregnancy. I think her face looks different, a little fuller but could be due to her hair cut. She still looks super slim so I am doubting she is pregnant. Probably best to just see it she announces as she could have chosen not to keep the baby, or potentially lost the baby (hopefully not the case!), and if that is the case she might not want to even mention it, or the book update could have just been an error.

Reactions: 6
Also, in her most recent vlog she talks about being tired and 'not knowing why', if she was pregnant she would know why she was tired and not bring it up if she was still keeping it on the down low.

Reactions: 2
The book could have been for a friend or indie? (That seems even more unlikely) or she might have just picked it up from someone or somewhere, or maybe someone else has her kindle account (I know you can create them as family accounts)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.