Sunbeamsjess

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I also have a feeling she's pregnant but won't announce it until the end basically. I reckon she'll have taken tons of pictures in advance to post throughout the later stages of her pregnancy as well (when her bump would be too obvious). She posts almost nothing about her day-to-day life, so it's not like we would ever be able to know if her grid pics were actually old. Even the pics she posts now are often taken weeks before they get posted, so I bet she doesn't think it would raise any suspicions.

In a way, it would make sense for these two to be young parents -- they literally have NOTHING else to be doing. They've been together for years and must be bored out of their minds by now, both individually and as a couple. I wouldn't be surprised if they felt the need to have a baby to find some kind of purpose and direction in their lives. It would certainly occupy them more than whatever they fill their days with currently. I honestly can safely say I've never ever come across anyone who did SO little 😐 She could be doing so damn much. She has all the resources in the world and so much privilege, yet she does NOTHING with it. It's seriously crazy to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
It’s a shame someone who is clearly very intelligent and has all the means to go out there, have an amazing career with nothing holding her back isn’t using it.

Reactions: 14
Wasn't she planning on doing a PhD at some point? Although, in my estimation, she always undermined the amount of hard work, dedication, and time that goes into getting a PhD.

Reactions: 7
To be honest, if I was that rich I probably wouldn't do much either. Some people are just at their happiest at home reading and doing menial tasks. And if she does end up being a Mum in a few months, she'll have plenty to do. Who knows, maybe this is what she wanted all along, to be a mother? We really don't know that much about her and what her goals for life are.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Wasn't she planning on doing a PhD at some point? Although, in my estimation, she always undermined the amount of hard work, dedication, and time that goes into getting a PhD.
She was definitely talking about it. I don't think she could manage it to be honest, I know she's a good student but being studious is very different from being able to manage a PhD.

Reactions: 6
I just watched some of her old vlogmas from 2014 and she seems so happy and full of life compared to now. Obvs people change but it is kinda sad. I get at the moment she has a lot going on and it is understandable that she is sad about her mum, I just mean how she has appeared for the past year or two.

I'm starting to find her posts about using a lack of inspiration as an excuse for not posting really insulting. Guess what, not all of us have iNsPiRaTioN to show up to work every day, Jess. And yet we still do.

To be clear, I don't blame her for not posting much considering her mom's condition. But why bother commenting about your lack of inspiration every week or so? We get it by now.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Just caught up on the pregnancy speculation, I wasn’t aware of it before, though I did notice she’d gained a bit of weight. I would personally find it really bizarre if she actually is pregnant. She doesn’t strike me as the type of person who’d have a child ‘out of boredom’ because she has nothing else going on, for lack of a better term. And as someone else mentioned, she isn’t particularly maternal either.

In any case, for the last two years she clearly finds her half assed “influencer” lifestyle to be unfulfilling. She’s progressively looked more and more bored and unhappy with her life. I think she’s just directionless but lacks the motivation to break out of her laziness because she doesn’t have the financial pressure or urgency. She talked ages ago about writing her own fiction. If I were in her financial position, I’d love to take those couple years after her MA to write and publish a novel, but she doesn’t give off the impression of doing anything at all with her days...

Reactions: 12
I hate how she's embarrassed of vlogging in public so instead does some boring ass montages with music over them. Just stop vlogging if you're too scared to do it.

She barely even vlogs in her own home. I'm not sure if it's because she doesn't want to show the layout of the house but it always seems like she's hiding things and rushing to finish the clips unless it's in her bedroom or bathroom.

Reactions: 6
I sometimes still watch her old vlogmas/vlogtober from when she was in Edinburgh. I really love these videos as I watched them while doing my undergrad and am now doing my Master's. It was enjoyable to watch her going to the library, talking about classes, getting ready to go out with her friends/Zach. She seemed much more excited and interested in what was going on in her life. Now she never really talks about anything other than books and the odd time make up or clothes which are not really relatable (bc they're brands I wouldn't even know where to buy). She seems kind of uncomfortable talking about her new house as well, which I understand, someone who just graduated college buying a massive house in London, not exactly relatable content during a pandemic. I totally understand it could be a really hard time for her to be vlogging and putting on a happy face but I've been thinking this since she moved to London. Maybe while in Edinburgh she felt more 'ordinary' and was happy to be talking about what she was getting up to as people could relate, but now she feels less likeable bc she's so privileged?

Reactions: 13
I think she's uncomfortable showing her privileges, but she used to film "what i got for Christmas" type videos so I'm pretty sure everyone following her knows that she is rich. Most people also really liked her showing her gifts, I know I did. Maybe her mum doesn't want her to film the house? She did film a bit more freely at her Dad's house a few months ago, she showed the kitchen and some rooms pretty clearly, even the garden if i remember correctly.

Either way, she has been looking a bit miserable for months now. I think it's sad that even reading can bore her now cause that's all she does. Maybe she'd like doing her Doctorate, but during her Masters she didn't seem much happier... Could it be that her relationship with Zak isn't fulfilling? Corona and her mum's diagnostic aside obviously, I really wonder what has been making her seem so depressed the past few years.

I think she's uncomfortable showing her privileges, but she used to film "what i got for Christmas" type videos so I'm pretty sure everyone following her knows that she is rich. Most people also really liked her showing her gifts, I know I did. Maybe her mum doesn't want her to film the house? She did film a bit more freely at her Dad's house a few months ago, she showed the kitchen and some rooms pretty clearly, even the garden if i remember correctly.

Either way, she has been looking a bit miserable for months now. I think it's sad that even reading can bore her now cause that's all she does. Maybe she'd like doing her Doctorate, but during her Masters she didn't seem much happier... Could it be that her relationship with Zak isn't fulfilling? Corona and her mum's diagnostic aside obviously, I really wonder what has been making her seem so depressed the past few years.
I think because she got so much backlash for her what I got for xmas videos she's now scared to show off her privilege. I think that's crappy because her rich girl lifestyle is the only reason I used to enjoy her videos.

Reactions: 8
I'm the same, that's the type of content that I signed up for. Was the backlash mainly on youtube? I really can't remember but just remember that she just stopped doing them :(

If I did nothing with my days, didn't have a proper job, and didn't have a real reason to get up in the morning, I would be hella depressed too. It's pretty straightforward really, not some big mystery. I don't think it has anything to do with her relationship, and I also think she would be just as depressed even without covid or her mom's health situation (as you mentioned, she's been like this for years, it's not new!!). The girl has ZERO purpose in life. How could anyone possibly feel fulfilled in that situation? Honestly think her mom did her no favor by providing for her in the way that she has... She doesn't need to work (i.e. she doesn't need the money) and she's not passionate enough. Jess needs a kick in the butt and some motivation to actually WORK. A PhD wouldn't solve anything and she honestly isn't cut out for it... It's actually really lonely and you have to have a LOT of drive and self-motivation to get through it, because no one is going to give you deadlines or chase after you like they do in undergrad--you are on your own. She would just spend all day reading and taking notes as well (same as she does now), and wouldn't actually get anywhere.

Last edited:
She would never be able to complete a PhD going by her current work ethic. Also what's the point of her doing one if she has no plans to even get a job.
I feel like she isn't cut out to be an influencer either.

The privileged lifestyle doesn’t just come from her Mum and Dad. Her Step Dad (India’s dad) is a successful partner at the same law firm as her Mum. Being a partner at that place provides an annual income equivalent to winning the lottery. He’s super proud of her (especially when she graduated with her first, as any parent would be) and how she has created a role for herself that provides income, but I always get the impression that she rejects him a bit which is a bit sad. Or at least I don’t think I’ve ever heard her mention him being on the scene at all.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
The privileged lifestyle doesn’t just come from her Mum and Dad. Her Step Dad (India’s dad) is a successful partner at the same law firm as her Mum. Being a partner at that place provides an annual income equivalent to winning the lottery. He’s super proud of her (especially when she graduated with her first, as any parent would be) and how she has created a role for herself that provides income, but I always get the impression that she rejects him a bit which is a bit sad. Or at least I don’t think I’ve ever heard her mention him being on the scene at all.
What makes you say her stepdad is proud, especially at making a role/income for herself, but she pushes him away? Just curious if she has said things that make you think that. I've heard her mention him a few times but nothing along those lines. From what she has said it seems their relationship is fine though. She doesn't talk about her mum a huge amount either (though more than she does her stepdad), and out of her family she only ever shows Indie as far as I have seen though could be wrong, so I got the impression they just don't want to be on camera/mentioned in detail.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.