Sunbeamsjess

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t think it’s quite as simple as this to be fair. Yes there is a right but it’s not easy to enforce that right when you’re giving birth through the NHS. You don’t just say you want to have a c-section - you seem to be put through a lot before it is confirmed, unless of course there’s a medical need for it.

Whereas if you have money like Jess, you can just pay to go privately and no questions are asked, you don’t need to ‘fight’ for yourself to get the c-section.

That is privilege and it’s a privilege that’s been afforded to the wealthy for a long time.
Absolutely- and in fairness I'm straying from my own point about using phrases like 'too posh to push'.

My original point being that we all should accept phrases like that attach stigma to something which many women have to consider as a birth option. How many women have felt ashamed of their c-section because of the negative attitudes around it, 'too posh to push' and the belief that it's an easier birth/ a bit of a cop out.

Reactions: 8
How many women have felt ashamed of their c-section because of the negative attitudes around it, 'too posh to push' and the belief that it's an easier birth/ a bit of a cop out.
Oh yeah I absolutely agree with that - only the uninformed could think that was the case with a c section!!

As long as mother and baby are healthy that’s all that matters. Hopefully it does go smoothly for Jess. And then we can sit back and see how she deals with the little one interrupting all of her leisure reading time :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
i don't see why anyone would care about the way another woman gave birth, but the general opinion where i live is that a natural birth is much better and healthier, and women generally don't want a c section unless it's reeeeally necessary 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 7
People can't choose to give birth however they feel most comfortable - only if you have money can you really choose.
C sections always have their own problems too - internal scarring / pain / organs attaching and sticking to the scarring they are not the easy long term option. What i meant was a lot of pregnant people want c sections to avoid the trauma of a v birth, the very possible bladder / bowl problems from v births, not to mention stretching and the vagina / vulva not going back to how it was before and the effect on intimacy etc but are denied it and made to go through a traumatic natural birth - if you pay you can have more or less anything you want.

She will be coasting through this thanks to her familys money that enabled her to earn a lot on YouTube / insta. Just like she will hire nannies so she can carry on being lazy and self indulgent but will lap up adulation for "doing so well" or "doing it herself" will harp on about being tired needing a nap (while nanny does the grunt work) and being busy plageriseing other people's goodreads reviews.

Thank you my loves.
This quote killed me hahaha😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
She's so boring now that we're discussing baby evacuation procedures for two pages. It's such a shame how she's become a shadow of her former self.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
you really seem to have a deep seeded almost jealous but not willing to admit it thing against Jess. Most of these comments are pretty just factual or questioning other random choices. Such as her not working. But a theoretical choice to have a c section and critising her because you don’t like her is fairly hilarious. I don’t know about the UK but here in Australia more money does not equal more choice for a c section or not, the only cost is a private hospital.

Critizise someone’s work ethic or lack there of. But criticising a women for making a choice on how she wants to give birth (and she hasn’t said anything to suggest one way or the other) is pretty low.
Urgh.

She lives of her parents money, got the best education money could buy, supported through uni, then a masters, was taken on amazing educatonial holidays and repays that investment by doing sweet fa all day - she is a lazy parasite leeching off others hard work.

She gives nothing back to society or to her viewers and will continue to be a leech as long as she can, she should be working as an able bodied adult, contributing to society in some way. A job that might not be for monetary gains but to help her community or to help the arts that she claims to love.
Can you really not see that?
I find her lazy attitude absolutely disgusting, her parents must be shocked and saddened that all of their time and all of their hard work to educate her has led to this apathy. How can you not follow that train if thought and only come back with you must be jEaLoUs.
Seriously?
Disguised and disappointed - yes. This woman had a lot of potential and so many privileges and opportunities not available to the majority and chooses to rot away in a bathtub with a paperback.

Amelia liana also has filthy rich parents but churns out the cheesy cheery content on a fairly regular basis, even does the odd bit of charity work to give back. Jess could have done a podcast om books, apparently a passion of hers, but instead plops for half arsed book reviews heavily comprised of stealing other people's reviews off goodreads. Just like stealing a degree by paying others to write essays for you.
Do the work yourself.

I do know a little of AU healthcare, not as much as you will living there but it is veryyyyy different to UK healthcare, especially now. Individuals in the UK simply cannot choose any health treatment here, maybe in theory but the reality is different. Advantages of paying through the nose for a private birth is seeing the same consultant throughout and having them (hopefully) at the c section. They will helpfully guide you to a c section, it's more convenient for them as they won't be dragged back into hospital at 3am, and as a bonus they can charge more for it! I am angry at the huge gap betwen private and public healthcare yes. All of us in the UK should be horrified at the lack of investment in it, we will probably all use it at some point.

Lastly moving forward you might consider writing 'people' who give birth, to be properly inclusive.

Thanks my loves, if anyone read this.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Urgh.

She lives of her parents money, got the best education money could buy, supported through uni, then a masters, was taken on amazing educatonial holidays and repays that investment by doing sweet fa all day - she is a lazy parasite leeching off others hard work.

She gives nothing back to society or to her viewers and will continue to be a leech as long as she can, she should be working as an able bodied adult, contributing to society in some way. A job that might not be for monetary gains but to help her community or to help the arts that she claims to love.
Can you really not see that?
I find her lazy attitude absolutely disgusting, her parents must be shocked and saddened that all of their time and all of their hard work to educate her has led to this apathy. How can you not follow that train if thought and only come back with you must be jEaLoUs.
Seriously?
Disguised and disappointed - yes. This woman had a lot of potential and so many privileges and opportunities not available to the majority and chooses to rot away in a bathtub with a paperback.

Amelia liana also has filthy rich parents but churns out the cheesy cheery content on a fairly regular basis, even does the odd bit of charity work to give back. Jess could have done a podcast om books, apparently a passion of hers, but instead plops for half arsed book reviews heavily comprised of stealing other people's reviews off goodreads. Just like stealing a degree by paying others to write essays for you.
Do the work yourself.

I do know a little of AU healthcare, not as much as you will living there but it is veryyyyy different to UK healthcare, especially now. Individuals in the UK simply cannot choose any health treatment here, maybe in theory but the reality is different. Advantages of paying through the nose for a private birth is seeing the same consultant throughout and having them (hopefully) at the c section. They will helpfully guide you to a c section, it's more convenient for them as they won't be dragged back into hospital at 3am, and as a bonus they can charge more for it! I am angry at the huge gap betwen private and public healthcare yes. All of us in the UK should be horrified at the lack of investment in it, we will probably all use it at some point.

Lastly moving forward you might consider writing 'people' who give birth, to be properly inclusive.

Thanks my loves, if anyone read this.
At the end of the day. It’s her choice. I think it’s fair game to criticise the work she puts out to the world. But her own personal choices are her own. And what she does and doesn’t do with her life is her own issue to deal with. If she gets older and realises the mistakes she made. It’s her own. Unfortunately. It really appears that your own personal issues manifest in taking it out on her. But as long as she isn’t doing anything really wrong, there’s no point going this ham on her. I come from privledge in the wealth sense. But at the end of the day it’s my choice what I do. And to be critiqued on choices that does not negatively impact others is an over step. Anyway, you don’t seem to be someone who will look at both sides and seem very emotionally taken by her. So do what you will. Say what you will. I think it’s sad frankly.
And no I won’t take advice on you on political correctness given the way you speak about c-sections.Basically everyone has disagreed with you on this. Take the hint.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I think the discussion about birth choices is really interesting. I support that if someone can afford to have a c section and chooses to then there is no shame in making that choice. I haven't given birth but it sounds absolutely horrific and terrifying so I can understand people wanting to control the experience however they can (within reason obvs as it can be massively unpredictable even if they do have a plan!). However I do totally agree that there is an unfair gap between private and public healthcare, and it isn't fair that some people don't have that choice or privilege.

But anyway, I'm going back to Jess. I wonder how much she will disclose about her pregnancy and birth. She did mention in her reveal video that she might do a Q&A or a video about it. I tend to stop watching influencers after they have a baby as their content becomes too motherhood/child focussed which isn't really for me, but she didn't sound like she was sure if she would even feature the baby much so we will see..

I tend to stop watching influencers after they have a baby as their content becomes too motherhood/child focussed which isn't really for me, but she didn't sound like she was sure if she would even feature the baby much so we will see..
All influencers say this until they have the baby and realise it becomes their life and their personality.

Reactions: 14
At the end of the day. It’s her choice. I think it’s fair game to criticise the work she puts out to the world. But her own personal choices are her own. And what she does and doesn’t do with her life is her own issue to deal with. If she gets older and realises the mistakes she made. It’s her own. Unfortunately. It really appears that your own personal issues manifest in taking it out on her. But as long as she isn’t doing anything really wrong, there’s no point going this ham on her. I come from privledge in the wealth sense. But at the end of the day it’s my choice what I do. And to be critiqued on choices that does not negatively impact others is an over step. Anyway, you don’t seem to be someone who will look at both sides and seem very emotionally taken by her. So do what you will. Say what you will. I think it’s sad frankly.
And no I won’t take advice on you on political correctness given the way you speak about c-sections.Basically everyone has disagreed with you on this. Take the hint.
I think this is a bit harsh towards @Swipeupyouguys it doesn’t sound personal to me, it’s more that Jess represents (very publicly) those who have all the opportunities in the world available to them and decide not to take any of them.

Yes it is her choice not to take the opportunities available to her, and I appreciate that you have acknowledge your are privileged yourself - it might be that you haven’t been in a position of feeling real frustration because you can see people failing to take advantage of the position they were born in to, whilst you have to struggle and fight to get to where you want to be because the same doors aren’t automatically opened to you. And infact those same doors may never be opened to you because you weren’t born in to privilege. And then someone who could walk in to what you want, lounges around all day alternating between reading, napping, and complaining about how busy and tired she is. I think it’s obvious that would cause frustration and resentment in those with ambition.

• Heart
Does anyone now where they're house that's being renovating is? Is it in London?
Baby evacuation made me LOL. Thanks for that! 😂

Why does anyone announcing they’re having a baby result in debates about what they should and shouldn’t do 🙃

Zzzzz..

Reactions: 3
Does anyone now where they're house that's being renovating is? Is it in London?
It's in Shepherd's Bush, near the football ground - used to be a bit of a dive but seems to be gentrifying quite rapidly due to its proximity to more fashionable areas like Notting Hill. It was listed on Rightmove for around £1m, staggering when you consider that it's basically a wreck that needs gutting from top to bottom. Was surprised she didn't choose somewhere more trendy: Peckham, Hackney, Stoke Newington etc.

Not sure how much more I should say, don't wanna get sued!

• Haha
  • Wow
It's in Shepherd's Bush, near the football ground - used to be a bit of a dive but seems to be gentrifying quite rapidly due to its proximity to more fashionable areas like Notting Hill. It was listed on Rightmove for around £1m, staggering when you consider that it's basically a wreck that needs gutting from top to bottom. Was surprised she didn't choose somewhere more trendy: Peckham, Hackney, Stoke Newington etc.

Not sure how much more I should say, don't wanna get sued!
They've done that classic influencer move where they start to rip it out and THEN take lots of pics/vlog it. Just to make the transformation more dramatic. Cause when it was listed it didn't actually look that bad- dated yes, but not a total wreck. It needs work, but it wasn't uninhabitable. In fact there were people living in it when it was listed.

I know people's circumstances change, but it's pretty grim that they've bought a house that was being lived in, and have left it empty for 18 months in a city with a huge shortage of housing- at any price level. I feel differently when people buy houses that are a wreck, have been sat on the market for ages, are not mortgageable and are unattainable to most buyers because even if it takes a while to do it up and get it back on the market, it was empty anyway and so not exactly going to waste . But this was actually a liveable house and they've taken it off the market and left it empty when someone else could have been living in it. At £1million it's certainly not affordable, but there could easily be people sat nearer the bottom of the housing market with the money and waiting to move in to a property like this, but they can't because someone like Jess bought it to leave it empty!

Again, I know people's situations change and they probably wanted to move in sooner but it's a massive waste of a perfectly habitable five bedroom house!!!

They've done that classic influencer move where they start to rip it out and THEN take lots of pics/vlog it. Just to make the transformation more dramatic. Cause when it was listed it didn't actually look that bad- dated yes, but not a total wreck. It needs work, but it wasn't uninhabitable. In fact there were people living in it when it was listed.

I know people's circumstances change, but it's pretty grim that they've bought a house that was being lived in, and have left it empty for 18 months in a city with a huge shortage of housing- at any price level. I feel differently when people buy houses that are a wreck, have been sat on the market for ages, are not mortgageable and are unattainable to most buyers because even if it takes a while to do it up and get it back on the market, it was empty anyway and so not exactly going to waste . But this was actually a liveable house and they've taken it off the market and left it empty when someone else could have been living in it. At £1million it's certainly not affordable, but there could easily be people sat nearer the bottom of the housing market with the money and waiting to move in to a property like this, but they can't because someone like Jess bought it to leave it empty!

Again, I know people's situations change and they probably wanted to move in sooner but it's a massive waste of a perfectly habitable five bedroom house!!!
Also I find it so telling that people were living in the house prior to it being sold and when Jess gave us the initial tour she seemed so disgusted by everything. She is the poster child of privilege. I despise the fake wokeness she performs on social media

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Also I find it so telling that people were living in the house prior to it being sold and when Jess gave us the initial tour she seemed so disgusted by everything. She is the poster child of privilege. I despise the fake wokeness she performs on social media
I had no idea this was the case. Speaks volumes for her real feelings, doesn't it? I've always gotten the impression that she takes a politically correct stance only to remain...politically correct. It's like she's putting on a facade in order to avoid backlash. It wouldn't surprise me if she was secretly a tory.

She wasn’t mean towards the previous owners in her video showing the house though. It was clear that the previous owners were older people who had just lived there very long.

So, she will essentially move a few streets up from her mum's. Awesome! How did you all find the address? I am now curious because I am from the area.

I haven’t written here before but reading about her attitute towards the house reminded me how she said that they were thinking of living in that house for 10 years and i was absolutely baffled! For me, that house would be forever not just 10 years and that was one of those moments of perspective of just how different jess’s mindset is

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.