Sunbeamsjess #2 we put the same effort into this title as she does her content

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was wondering this too , I feel like they’ll maybe wait until they get nice photos and get a proper announcement ready? Unless she just is keen to share it and show that she’s okay and everything to keep up appearances
I think so but maybe a week or so later and it’ll be a pic of two little feet or something

Reactions: 11
I think so but maybe a week or so later and it’ll be a pic of two little feet or something
Yeah this will definitely how they'll do it. They'll want to 'keep it to themselves' for a bit first.

Reactions: 2
Haven't watched it yet but the irony of her saying she hasn't been winding back yet on Instagram to then have a vlog thumbnail with 'shopping for snacks' on

Reactions: 1
Haven't watched it yet but the irony of her saying she hasn't been winding back yet on Instagram to then have a vlog thumbnail with 'shopping for snacks' on
Unboxing free stuff from Farfetch is VERY draining busy work don't ya know 😂

Reactions: 4
Has she mentioned anything about Sarah Everard yet?
I mean as a new mum of a baby girl (almost) I imagine she’s very anxious about it all, so she hasn’t and tbf do we need an extremely privileged influencer like Jess to do so?

Reactions: 12
Personally I think sometimes people expect influencers to comment on every single topic and being honest - if she were to comment on every issue in the news thats all she would even speak about.
Not being a total Jess fangirl but as she’s a pregnant woman I have no doubt it will have affected her, but ultimately showing it on social media isn’t necessarily the answer, sometimes people do care about things but may not feel their voice needs to be heard, sometimes it’s good to step back and let others use their voices for good too. At the the end of the day Jess is super privileged and not even living in London at the moment, so her speaking out won’t really add to what others have already said (this is all my opinion obvs)

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I mean as a new mum of a baby girl (almost) I imagine she’s very anxious about it all, so she hasn’t and tbf do we need an extremely privileged influencer like Jess to do so?
I honestly don't understand the 'she's privileged, so she can't speak on urgent political issues' argument. It's not like she's shied away from talking about sensitive/political topics before. I was also interested in whether she shared her missing poster before we found out about her tragic death, but I guess the answer is no. Posting a sponsored vlog and giggling about snacks when a major tragedy occurred that affects half the population of Britain is distasteful to me, to say the least. She has a large platform and she has acknowledged her responsibility to use it in the past, which is why I asked the question in the first place since I don't follow her on social media.

Sometimes I forget this isn't a rave thread.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I honestly don't understand the 'she's privileged, so she can't speak on urgent political issues' argument. It's not like she's shied away from talking about sensitive/political topics before. I was also interested in whether she shared her missing poster before we found out about her tragic death, but I guess the answer is no. Posting a sponsored vlog and giggling about snacks when a major tragedy occurred that affects half the population of Britain is distasteful to me, to say the least. She has a large platform and she has acknowledged her responsibility to use it in the past, which is why I asked the question in the first place since I don't follow her on social media.

Sometimes I forget this isn't a rave thread.
I can see both sides - with a large platform you can reach a lot of people which is particularly important with sharing the missing photo like you said.

On the other hand, regarding not reacting after the news that Sarah was found, we don't know how individual people are reacting to the news. Most women have stories of being harassed or being made to feel unsafe, so it has been a heavy week for everyone and who knows what she is thinking behind the scenes. I really doubt she is the kind of person who has seen the news and been like "meh whatever". Particularly it happening in London could have hit very close to home.

It does seem out of character for her not to have shared though. She has her faults but she does seem to mention sensitive/political issues most of the time.

Reactions: 10
I'm not from the UK so I'm only generally aware of the conversations about the Everard tragedy, but what could Jess contribute to the conversation that others haven't already said about it? Apart from her Black Lives Matter video, I can't remember Jess talking too much about actual political issues, or saying anything that insightful about world issues in general.

Reactions: 9
People act like when someone doesn’t comment on something that that means they do not sympathise. But what is there to say? It’s awful, but no random commentary from just about everyone needed. In fact, I often get annoyed when people jump on something when they have nothing to do with it, and they have nothing to offer or to contribute to the discussion either. They are not involved.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I think something people need to remember in cases like this is that just because someone doesn't publicly say something, doesn't mean that they don't support it or think about it. We don't know actually a lot about Jess or her life experiences, just what she shares online. She might have very good reasons for not wanting to publicly talk about violence towards women.

Today, there are several March4Justice marches regarding sexual violence towards women going on in capital cities in my country (Australia) and one towards Parliament House. This has been spurred on by serious allegations of rape, sexual harassment, and sexual assault committed by political staffers and even government ministers that have surfaced in the last month, including one about a rape committed in Parliament House itself and the subsequent political and legal coverup . One of the women who made an allegation towards a govt. minister took her own life last year. Additionally, there has been a scandal around some of the top private boys schools in the country and their attitudes towards sexual assault and women due to a petition made by a former private school girl to include consent education in sex ed. after her experience of being raped at 13 by a boy at one of these schools. She created a google doc where more than 2,000 testimonies about sexual violence committed by these schoolboys were submitted.

I agree with these marches but I am not there. The last month has been very triggering to me as a survivor of childhood sexual abuse. I have difficulty talking about what happened to me and the topic of sexual violence to my own psychologist, let alone talk about it publicly.
I also think that if we expect every social influencer to speak about every issue, whether they are educated or not on it or whether they care about it or not, it is actually performative activism and cheapens what is actually being said and done.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Also, this is an issue about which we can all agree it’s an awful story, there is not much of an opinion to give, or something to convince people about (like for example promoting that people vote, or checking your breasts regularly). There may be a standpoint on safety for women in general, but I personally wouldn’t know what to say about that either.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I'm sure in any other time she would have mentioned it by now but she's pretty heavily pregnant and has her own worries

Reactions: 3
It drives me absolutely mad that Jess doesn’t put Ad in her video titles or thumbnails. Shouldn’t have to click on them to find out :mad:

Reactions: 12
Ummm her latest vlog is a Samsung smartphone ad, seriously?! As if we aren’t all aware she’s been an iPhone user forever, who always upgrades to the latest top of the range iPhone as soon as it comes out. Ugh, so wasteful and greedy.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I was wondering how is this "on-brand" for her when she was never using Samsung and has not advertised other devices...

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.