Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

eilidhh

Also, I feel for her regarding their housing situation. Paying for a mortgage while not living in the house is expensive and an absolute headache. Especially with a child. It has to be more stressful for everyone.
They could have easily got the house in liveable condition and moved in before Ines was born. It's entirely their own fault that they decided to spend thousands on crazy renovations that need an architect and planning permission straight away.

Reactions: 26

sheleg

VIP Member
I have to say, my time watching rich and privileged people doing up multi-million pound houses is definitely over. It just doesn't interest me anymore. And worse - it kind of repulses me.

palmer

Chatty Member
Tbh it wouldn't surprise me if it was his decision to quit. I did see the vlog where she mentioned him quitting and remember her mentioning how she never saw him as he was always working, but I didn't get the impression she had orchestrated it, though tbf it was ages ago and can't remember everything she said. I can't imagine him quitting just because she wanted him to, even if she did want him to at the end of the day it was his decision to I suppose.

I mean he has quit uni before, and then his ladbible job, so maybe he just wasn't feeling the chef job either? They could have decided it was better for them money wise too, a lot of couples seem to be doing this on YT/insta, something to do with being able to reduce their amount of tax?

Whatever the reason, there is no reason he needed to quit to work for her, people who manage their insta/YT solo put out way more/better quality content.
Nahh, strong disagree. That's not what she said in the vlog at all. In the vlog she actually made it clear that it was more her who was struggling with working by herself rather than him wanting to join. She was talking about how Zak had a few months off during summer between two jobs (he was moving from one restaurant to another) and so he had been working with her for those few months, and then when he went back to working at the new restaurant she couldn't deal with being by herself again, so she asked him if he'd come back and work with her full time. These are the exact words she used in the vlog:

"I particularly struggled because I think it's really hard once you go from being one person working by yourself basically, to then having someone helping you and then going back to the one woman show. I was like, how did I ever do this? No wonder I got so much less done, like, I really need help. I'm not in a position at the moment where I could have kind of hired someone because obviously we've got the house and the renovation and stuff and that's quite a big responsibility obviously. ... so I invited him, slash begged him to come back and join me and team up with me and basically just work together with me on the business at the moment.
I think he enjoys it as well, although he really enjoys being a chef and it's something that I definitely think he will go back to. For the moment it just made the most sense what with the house and everything, it just, for us at the moment makes sense to team up and work together on this, on these big projects that we've got going on and all that kind of stuff. So yeah he's gonna be around a lot more and I honestly couldn't be happier, I'm just loving it, it's great to have someone help me out with stuff and also bounce ideas off of, and I'm much more creative when I can kind of talk to him and also obviously for it to be Zak it's just ideal for me. but yeah, it's not the end of being a chef for Zak he's a wonderful chef."

This was the vlog in question at around 16:20: www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BXqTsOj--Y

Funny how she was trying to justify it by saying that they had the house renos to work on together and all these "big projects." And now, 2 years later, there's literally been zero progress on that. I think she just couldn't deal with the loneliness, point blank.

Last edited:
  • Wow

Sunburnsjess

Yes, that's why I said that I felt for them.

I think that even though they don't pay bills it is still a stressful situation to be in.
Why is it stressful? Money literally is a non-issue for these people, I highly doubt she’s actually worried about paying her mortgage. If she was truly concerned about bills she wouldn’t spend thousands on designer clothes and shoes every month 🤦‍♀️ And it’s a situation of her own doing bc she’s chosen to delay her renovation for ages. The vast majority of people do not have this luxury.

Did anyone see this comment on her latest vid? There were a few which mentioned the price of those clothes as well
The thing is, other than the baby, Jessie has always been this way! She’s always done hauls of expensive clothing, amazing trips abroad and her mums house and the barn are gorgeous.

Sure, she was a bit more relatable in drafty Edinburgh student houses but she’s never been one for H&M/primark hauls and that’s part of why I like watching her videos!

Not that that means other viewers should ignore their feelings if it makes them jealous/unhappy, but I don’t think Jess should censor herself just because some viewers dislike it and comment

puresoul

Someone is not less of a mom or less devoted, if they get help & that way manage to have some time for themself (also maybe the baby was napping when she put her make up on or maybe Zak was with the baby whilst Jess took some time for herself). I think it’s great that Jess & Zak are getting help from her family. There’s a YouTuber whose parents offered to take her newborn baby for the night, so she & her partner could have one night of proper sleep, and there’s nothing wrong with that. Also, Jess isn’t the only influencer new mom whom I’ve seen wearing makeup in pictures. :)

• Heart
Reactions: 25

andreaoid

Only Jess can answer the question "would you like to work in publishing" with "it would be great to have my own imprint". The hell? Her privilege and ignorance of the publishing industry is showing. What a romantic idea to own an imprint! However, the reality is completely different. I know as I do work in publishing.
But even so, she must know it's not that straightforward. Imagine asking somone if they would like to be a lawyer and them replying: it would be cool to have my own law firm.

• Haha
Reactions: 24

Anne1448

VIP Member
All her recent outfits are questionable. I know that with covid most of us spent time in comfortable clothes. However the way she is wearing her clothes makes no sense for someone who used to have a great sense of style.

For people who haven't watched her vlogs yet, these are some of her outfits :

Screenshot_20211008-235104_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20211008-235127_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20211008-235138_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20211008-235156_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20211008-235245_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20211008-235302_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20211008-235317_YouTube.jpg

They are all ill-fitting or just mixed with the wrong pieces. Clothes say a lot about a person's personality and Jess clearly lost her own style. She is wearing trendy pieces but doesn't know how to make them work for her body type.

• Haha
  • Wow

BigBerry

It's not like I condone everything that Jess is doing with her life, but I feel people are acting here like 9-5 job is something to aspire to when in reality most people are stuck with it just to survive. I agree she needs more focus whether that be her influencer career or something else like a new hobby. But on the other hand she shares so little of her personal life she might be more active socially and otherwise then we think. It's not like she needs a job in order to have friends.
I think a lot of people would want to be in her shoes, that is for sure. But at the same time she should definately start doing something with her money like investing etc. Otherwise it will dry up sooner than later.

• Heart

Greenfly125

‘When she goes to school, I’ll have so much free time, hehe, I don’t know what I’m going to do with myself.’ I don’t know, do what every normal person does, GET A JOB.

• Haha

ECH

VIP Member
I'm not going to lie I'm watching the vlog and it seems like she's got a bit of life and purpose back in her. She seems busy again and having stuff to do seems to be really beneficial to her. I agree with the person that said having some sort of structure would benefit her.

manicdee

I know this has been said multiple times here, I have to put my oar in. I used to looooove Jess, had a wonderful time watching her uni vlogs and thought she was absolutely stunning and intelligent.. she just had a really different vibe to the others I used to watch on YouTube. I still think she is those things but the vibe is gone and I really don’t think I can follow her anymore.

Every single time she posts on Instagram stories, it is either an ad, or a couple of off topic pictures/videos immediately followed by an ad. I get it, this is her source of income and she wants/needs to make money, but fuck girl can’t you just post every now and again because you want to rather than because you have to?? It makes me think I’m following a cash cow rather than a human being.

Chloe Morello is a new mum this year too and her stories are so much more real, she shows the highs and lows of being a new parent in a really raw way, and I know Jess doesn’t want to include Ines in her videos which I completely respect, but surely there are a couple of other things going on in her life she could share without it being to appear as though she is genuine, only to be followed by #ad.

sheleg

VIP Member
Aww. In spite of the ads and the malaise, I bloody love Jessie. I really do.

• Heart
I think something people need to remember in cases like this is that just because someone doesn't publicly say something, doesn't mean that they don't support it or think about it. We don't know actually a lot about Jess or her life experiences, just what she shares online. She might have very good reasons for not wanting to publicly talk about violence towards women.

Today, there are several March4Justice marches regarding sexual violence towards women going on in capital cities in my country (Australia) and one towards Parliament House. This has been spurred on by serious allegations of rape, sexual harassment, and sexual assault committed by political staffers and even government ministers that have surfaced in the last month, including one about a rape committed in Parliament House itself and the subsequent political and legal coverup . One of the women who made an allegation towards a govt. minister took her own life last year. Additionally, there has been a scandal around some of the top private boys schools in the country and their attitudes towards sexual assault and women due to a petition made by a former private school girl to include consent education in sex ed. after her experience of being raped at 13 by a boy at one of these schools. She created a google doc where more than 2,000 testimonies about sexual violence committed by these schoolboys were submitted.

I agree with these marches but I am not there. The last month has been very triggering to me as a survivor of childhood sexual abuse. I have difficulty talking about what happened to me and the topic of sexual violence to my own psychologist, let alone talk about it publicly.
I also think that if we expect every social influencer to speak about every issue, whether they are educated or not on it or whether they care about it or not, it is actually performative activism and cheapens what is actually being said and done.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

bad_wolf

nah i was watching her vlog and got up to the nanny part. im out. im seriously out. they "work from home" but do fuck all work 😭 not enough for two people or to justify a NANNY. my god. the privilege REEKS.

milano

I actually think she’ll be a good mum I think she seems like she has a lot of love for her family and friends and she took care of indie well when she was nannying or whatever like she puts a lot of love into their relationship etc , plus I have a feeling jess had a sort of lonely childhood or home life with her mum working a lot so I imagine the self employed stuff will be good for her cos she will want to spend a lot of time with the baby , she will definitely be guarded for protection and against judgement but I can’t see her being a cold mum at all

• Heart

livic2830

Whenever I watch Jess these days, I feel the same level of confusion, doubt and unbelieveable dissapointment as when I watched the gilmore girls netflix revival. 10 years later Rory was SUCH a massive dissapointment and waste of opportunity and potential.... it is so sad to me, she´s a woman in her late twenties with all the privilege and opportunities in the world, yet she spends her days „planning my week“ and not doing anything at all yet she seems totally exhausted by it… most people her age are working their butts off, at the beginning stages of their careers, have purpose and a general drive to accomplish and make something out of themselves.. she just sits in her mums house and lets the years pass her by… now she has her daughter and her house (even worse, no drive to actually move into her own house, which she is paying for..).. but to me it is just unfathomable that her family and friends don't push her to do something with her life... She seems (albeit privileged) like she genuinely is not equipped with any skills or qualities to handle real life... when she finished uni she seemed like she would be a great fit to go working at a publisher or as an editor etc., but she doesn´t have the work ethic or motivation to do that, she would be totally lost in a „normal“ working environment…. I don´t understand how her mum, the exact opposite (of what we know of her), can not see this (/ is not disappointed in her daughter) or encourage her daughter to do something… they all (even Indie) must come home after a long and tiring day of work, and there are Jess and Jack doing fuck all, like a pair of teenagers on summer holiday……

bknd32

do you guys think she wants to eventually try to work her way up in academia to being a professor, or does she want a phD purely out of interest as a "life experience" kind of thing?
I'd say life experience. If she was seriously considering it as a career, she'd already be doing it. With the state of humanities funding atm, I don't think she'd have the resilience to enter the humanities job market. It's absolutely soul destroying and if you have another income stream to fall back on, I'd say it would be easy to just bow out and research for the fun of it.