Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

midsummer1

Something about her attitude is getting really unpleasant to watch. I think her personality is becoming obnoxious with time because she's getting older and is no longer mature for her age. She should have realised by now how vain, excessive and self-serving her behaviours are.
When she discloses so indifferently and casually that she bought a stack of books for no reason (she had already listened to them or read them digitally)... It depresses me somewhat. Also she says she wants to be more conscious about choosing the right items when adding to her wardrobe in the future, without mentioning that she could actually stop adding new clothes to her wardrobe. It's not even a question: she will continue to consume way more than the average person and is unapologetic. She never contemplates that she could actually CHANGE these behaviours, and it's totally within her power.
The way she talks and handles items in videos reminds me of a spoilt child going through a stack of gifts. Yes, she's 25 and has her own money, but our planet is shared. She is just dripping with STUFF and doesn't comprehend the gravity of it. Like if you have ever looked at a photo of the Great Pacific Garbage Patch, you know what I mean - seeing her rapidly consume so much stuff is pretty sickening. For someone who reads so much environmental sci fi... there are no words. She is obviously someone who chooses books based on certain virtuous connotations.. Look at yourself FFS

• Heart
Reactions: 34

getawaywithit

VIP Member
Life doesn’t end after motherhood of course but it does fundamentally and irrevocably change it, especially insofar as your priorities change and you will never again be the centre of your own universe. Of course, that can be a beautiful thing to care so much for something else, but it’s also something that shouldn‘t be taken lightly and you shouldn’t just assume youre going to be able to carry on as you were before. And it is women especially who give up a lot, both mentally and physically. Your youth goes quickly and your 20s ARE a part of that youth, with the ability to grow as an individual that have nothing to do with “Tinder” or whatever, I think it’s important that if you get the chance to make the choice, you are realizing what you’re doing.

I think it’s a disservice to women to pretend as though motherhood can just be a cool hobby to pick up in your 20s. If a young woman chooses to do it, more power to her, but at the same time I would hope it is done with full awareness of not just the joys she will enter into, but truly the deep sacrifice she is about to make. It doesn’t mean it’s “bad”, not at all, but I think any adult can recognize that it is the end of something you won’t get back— career aspirations or not. And that’s life, but we can also be honest about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 33

getawaywithit

VIP Member
For me it’s not even the career thing, it’s like she never even left her parents‘ house before getting pregnant. (Student life doesn’t count, and I say that as someone who lived away for university too). She never had that really era of separation in post uni adulthood to just, like... try something different? Even if she ended up back in the same place in the end, there was no attempt made to kind of... spread the proverbial wings a bit. Just plodding around in her parents’ house in that upper floor in the same room with her same uni boyfriend, doing another English degree, (I also say this as someone who did grad degrees too lol), filming ad videos for YT with that same bf who was now employed by her, then randomly pregnant.And for all the joy and adventure that motherhood can bring, that’s that on that small window of adulthood that is closed now. Oh well.

Like I said before, I think the judgements on this would be different if Jess were another class or race.

• Heart

eilidhh

I really don't get articles like that...There are forums for everything, people I know are on forums for knitting and caravanning etc, its human nature to want to discuss stuff. Tattle isn't out of the ordinary or some evil dark internet place.

• Heart

Anne1448

VIP Member
When she made her apology video for going to the US someone commented something along the lines of "I have never seen someone read so many books yet learn so little.".

Jess is the perfect embodiment of someone who is apathetic. She knows damn well that what she is doing is wrong yet will go through with it anyway because she doesn't care.

Reactions: 32

sitkx

VIP Member
I have literally never seen or heard Jess’ real last name until this article, so the author really dun goof’d exposing that

Reactions: 31

blondelolita

Chatty Member
Personally I think sometimes people expect influencers to comment on every single topic and being honest - if she were to comment on every issue in the news thats all she would even speak about.
Not being a total Jess fangirl but as she’s a pregnant woman I have no doubt it will have affected her, but ultimately showing it on social media isn’t necessarily the answer, sometimes people do care about things but may not feel their voice needs to be heard, sometimes it’s good to step back and let others use their voices for good too. At the the end of the day Jess is super privileged and not even living in London at the moment, so her speaking out won’t really add to what others have already said (this is all my opinion obvs)

• Heart
Reactions: 31

beatrix246

Like she can't arrange for Zak to post in her name, a person who is actually working for her full time :D
Personally I think maternity leave needs to be more normalized for content creator. Her and Zak are both learning how to be parents and soaking up the newborn phase.

They have the means to not be working so they might as well take it.

Reactions: 30

hdbacdhb

Is anyone else really curious about her mum? She had Jess when she was around 23, moved to london with her, and essentially became a single parent whilst working long hours at a law firm. I'm fascinated by her mum and would love to know more about how she did it.

Reactions: 29

Nova

VIP Member
People act like when someone doesn’t comment on something that that means they do not sympathise. But what is there to say? It’s awful, but no random commentary from just about everyone needed. In fact, I often get annoyed when people jump on something when they have nothing to do with it, and they have nothing to offer or to contribute to the discussion either. They are not involved.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

slugella

VIP Member
If my 27 yo friend had a child while living in her mother's house and working part-time (Jess doesn't even do her job full time but whenever she feel like it) with her jobless boyfriend I would do an intervention.
And if the person was working class the comments would be much more unkind. Yet many people seem to think Jess is still inspiring..

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Smca53

VIP Member
I think a lot of people would want to be in her shoes, that is for sure.
I think people generally aspire to financially comfortable because it takes away so much stress in life.

I disagree that a lot of people would want to be in her shoes though. I feel aimless when I’m on annual leave for too long, I don’t particularly think 9-5 is the answer but I would hate to be aimless and not have clear goals to be aiming for. One of her biggest tasks in any given week seems to be to write her to do list which consists of things like “take photos for Instagram”, “go through clothes”, and then she needs a lie down after writing her to list.

I would totally love the money for financial stability and comfort in day to day life, though. But I would keep working toward things, I’d just feel more free to take risks and expand my horizons because I had the funds to back me up. Would I want any of the rest of her life? Absolutely not, give me something to work for and towards any day of the week. I’d always picks accomplishments and a sense of achievement over lying about for years on end achieving nothing with your scrounger boyfriend, any day of the week 😬

• Heart

midsummer1

• already owned 1 Reformation t-shirt but since she liked it, and didn't want it to be in the wash when she wanted to wear it, she bought 4 more
Screen Shot 2021-08-14 at 8.21.45 pm.png

• bought a copy of the Mermaid of Black Conch because she liked the cover, even though she didn't like the book (had already read it), and "I do this a lot, if you think I'm crazy you're just going to have to get used to it." Soo grating!

• Wow
  • Haha

Anne1448

VIP Member
Whenever I watch Jess these days, I feel the same level of confusion, doubt and unbelieveable dissapointment as when I watched the gilmore girls netflix revival. 10 years later Rory was SUCH a massive dissapointment and waste of opportunity and potential.... it is so sad to me, she´s a woman in her late twenties with all the privilege and opportunities in the world, yet she spends her days „planning my week“ and not doing anything at all yet she seems totally exhausted by it… most people her age are working their butts off, at the beginning stages of their careers, have purpose and a general drive to accomplish and make something out of themselves.. she just sits in her mums house and lets the years pass her by… now she has her daughter and her house (even worse, no drive to actually move into her own house, which she is paying for..).. but to me it is just unfathomable that her family and friends don't push her to do something with her life... She seems (albeit privileged) like she genuinely is not equipped with any skills or qualities to handle real life... when she finished uni she seemed like she would be a great fit to go working at a publisher or as an editor etc., but she doesn´t have the work ethic or motivation to do that, she would be totally lost in a „normal“ working environment…. I don´t understand how her mum, the exact opposite (of what we know of her), can not see this (/ is not disappointed in her daughter) or encourage her daughter to do something… they all (even Indie) must come home after a long and tiring day of work, and there are Jess and Jack doing fuck all, like a pair of teenagers on summer holiday……
Say it louder!

In the previous thread I mentioned how lost she was but someone claimed that jess has her life together. How? She sits all day in her childhood room in her mother's house well into her twenties doing the bare minimum while pretending to be exhausted all day.

Not only is her career well past its peak but she doesn't seem to want to make it better. She has a lot of potential and a lot of resources that she could use but she'd rather post the same videos again and again.

The money that her mother will give her (because we know that she is incapable of sustaining her lifestyle on her sole income) won't even last for her daughter. Let's look at the facts. Zak and her are used to an expensive life. They easily blew well over a million £ with their non stop holidays, restaurants, Jess and her thousand £ worth of clothes and spa treatments. If they want to provide the same for Ines they have to wake up and earn the same kind of money of change their habits right now.

If my 27 yo friend had a child while living in her mother's house and working part-time (Jess doesn't even do her job full time but whenever she feel like it) with her jobless boyfriend I would do an intervention.

• Heart

Mucha

Lol I don’t even watch her videos those stories just really rubbed me up the wrong way
I’ve watched Jess for a very long time now, and when I saw the stories from yesterday I just honestly couldn’t believe that she said she needed two weeks (or even longer!) to “get her life in order” and “rejig her routine”. I recognize that I watch Jess for escapism, I know she’s been severely out of touch for a while now, but that just really rubbed me the wrong way as well. She disappears for weeks at a time, comes back to post two ads, then disappears again. I’m not sure how much longer she expects her long-time viewers to stick around and support her content when she clearly doesn’t seem to care about us outside of a paycheck these days.

Reactions: 27

sitkx

VIP Member
Imagine busting your ass as a nurse for 12 hour shifts, only for someone to make £2k by posting a sponsored pic on instagram...Where did we go wrong..

Reactions: 26

slugella

VIP Member
I’m all for judging here on Tattle, but thinking someone doesn’t love their baby because of how they talk about their baby is quite a strong assumption.
The poster said they think Jess doesn't like her baby's name, not that she doesn't love her baby? Which is a fair comment as even Jess said in a video before the birth that she hopes the name grows on her as she's unsure about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 26