Summer Love Island 2023

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I put it on last night and realised I had my face in my phone the whole time and missed 90 percent šŸ˜…

I do like Molly but I agree about the stupid faces. I wonder is it put on to meme-d?
Is meme-d a word ? You know what I mean šŸ˜

Reactions: 9
I can't stand Zac's accent, it feels very put on. And I know its Croydon roadman speak but it is so annoying!

So I caved and have paid for the subscription to My Pod on Paper, and I feel like they're being a lot more beige in their opinions since it went behind a paywall on this episode. Although Orlaith did say they would blindly support any Irish person on the show so we have that bias to look forward to! Orlaith and co have opened themselves up to a world of tweets and Insta messages from people saying they can't afford the podcast, I'd be interested to see their subscriber numbers.

Reactions: 8
I'm no supermodel but looking at past seasons, these people surely can't have been the cream of the crop of everyone who gets scouted/applies. Jess is a melt, Molly is in it to win it with Mitch, its so fake. Ella just seems mean and boring. Catherine is the only one I really like in there at the moment. They should have brought back Lydia from last season's casa.

Reactions: 18
I'm no supermodel but looking at past seasons, these people surely can't have been the cream of the crop of everyone who gets scouted/applies. Jess is a melt, Molly is in it to win it with Mitch, its so fake. Ella just seems mean and boring. Catherine is the only one I really like in there at the moment. They should have brought back Lydia from last season's casa.
I donā€™t get the appeal with Lydia. It was so obvious that she only went on for a fashion deal.

Reactions: 6
I don't know if it's because I'm too old to be labelled in the Fiat 500 Twitter crew, but I do like Mitch and Molly and I don't think they're faking it. You can see a natural chemistry between the two of them, you could see she just wasn't interested when talking to George or Zac and Mitchel seems quite closed off too.

I know before anyone starts, it's a heavily edited show! But you always need a couple like this who carry the show for the first few weeks and either go on to the final or burn out. Otherwise it would be dead watching Jess twirl her hair constantly, Tyrique stare at himself and Zac whack on his Tech Fleece and start rapping.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
How come its still on the same thread from May after 2 days? Has it been that dire so far?

Me too. It must be her musical theatre background as sheā€™s so theatrical and OTT
She's always been like this. The faces she pulls and her personality is exactly as I remember her. It's not put on or exaggerated for the villa. She has wanted to be famous since she was young, she was always at auditions when I taught her. She is very talented though, and clever. She reminds me of Fearne Cotton!

Molly has got that tell tale sign of being a stage school kid of looking constantly surprised, she seems lovely but unsure how genuine it is. Same for Mitch Iā€™m not buying the nice guy act, so maybe theyā€™ll make a good pair.

What I need to know is how poor could the standards of male applicants have been for George to get an OG place šŸ˜±šŸ˜±

• Haha
Reactions: 7
How come its still on the same thread from May after 2 days? Has it been that dire so far?
Iā€™ve seen a lot of people say elsewhere that they didnā€™t know that it started on Monday. The promo for this season hasnā€™t been the best and the viewing figure reflected that. Thereā€™s also the fact that last season was so bad that a lot of people probably arenā€™t arsed that itā€™s back.

I'd like to know if they even auditioned in the North-East of England, I struggle to see how Molly and Mitchel are the best of Northern England until we get to Ella in Glasgow!

So many characters in the North-East, it's a shame they love the Croydon roadmen/Essex beauty school/Wannabe city boy type so much
---
Thereā€™s also the fact that last season was so bad that a lot of people probably arenā€™t arsed that itā€™s back.
I feel like I'm refreshed because I didn't watch Winter Love Island so feel ready for this one. Two in a year would be too much, too much investment for me too! So I can see why people aren't watching or feel the gap was too small.

Molly has got that tell tale sign of being a stage school kid of looking constantly surprised, she seems lovely but unsure how genuine it is. Same for Mitch Iā€™m not buying the nice guy act, so maybe theyā€™ll make a good pair.

What I need to know is how poor could the standards of male applicants have been for George to get an OG place šŸ˜±šŸ˜±
I know Mitch personally he really is like that heā€™s a nice guy. Heā€™s so far just been him. I had a little snoop on mollys insta and sheā€™s had something to do with love island in the past and I know Mitch also went to South Africa but didnā€™t make it on.

I know Mitch personally he really is like that heā€™s a nice guy. Heā€™s so far just been him. I had a little snoop on mollys insta and sheā€™s had something to do with love island in the past and I know Mitch also went to South Africa but didnā€™t make it on.
Didn't they say she went for the initial test run of South Africa and they handpicked her for this show based on that? So they could've met before.

I know someone who knows Tasha from last year, and the whole family was in bits about the bullying going on. But she was exactly the person she is in real life which is good to know.

I can't stand Zac's accent, it feels very put on. And I know its Croydon roadman speak but it is so annoying!

So I caved and have paid for the subscription to My Pod on Paper, and I feel like they're being a lot more beige in their opinions since it went behind a paywall on this episode. Although Orlaith did say they would blindly support any Irish person on the show so we have that bias to look forward to! Orlaith and co have opened themselves up to a world of tweets and Insta messages from people saying they can't afford the podcast, I'd be interested to see their subscriber numbers.
There are a lot of people in the comments of their demo saying they were charged for the pod 3 times and itā€™s still behind a paywall šŸ˜¬

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Who tf is Lydia
Exactly
I hate it when people say ā€œx from casa should be brought back!!ā€ like they were an NPC and werenā€™t interesting enough for reality tv sorry
Itā€™s always the most boring people from casa too

• Heart
There are a lot of people in the comments of their demo saying they were charged for the pod 3 times and itā€™s still behind a paywall šŸ˜¬
Yeah, it looks like after the episode aired there was a mad rush to subscribe causing the platform to crash and charge people. I subscribed late yesterday afternoon so didn't have any trouble.
There's something very grabby about moving a podcast away from all of the usual apps (which drives me mad as I listen when driving and can't use Apple CarPlay on this new app they have) and have a core set of supporters to putting it behind a paywall. What was wrong with getting another sponsor for it? I don't believe her at all about negative comments and toxicity, I don't believe she cares about it and even plays into it in the past. Orlaith is going to have to sit on the fence so much she has splinters in her arse to appease everyone who is paying for the podcast as if she starts blindly supporting say Catherine and she turns out to be a mega witch, she will lose subscribers left right and centre. It will be impossible for Orlaith to keep everyone happy, she just isn't that type of person.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.