Summer Love Island 2023 #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Narcissistic is a word people throw around too lightly these days and diminish it's real meaning. Someone's poor behaviour does not automatically equate them to being a narcissistic.
No but lack of empathy, blame shifting, gaslighting, refusal to take any kind of responsibility are all classic traits and Catherine is a full house what we are now seeing is an obvious slur campaign where she is recruiting her minions to invalidate and bully her ex love interest.
If she isn’t a narcissist she’s certainly displaying narcissistic traits at a high level.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I also think they don’t like Scott because he’s the only one who doesn’t bow down to king Ty. Scott confronted all of them at the fire pit about their comments, specifically Ty who we saw acting like a child by screaming and shouting back at him. Notice how Ty didn’t tr and egg Scott on to kiss the casa girls? Because he knew Scott wouldn’t just bow down to him. Ty doesn’t like Scott for that reason and since he and everyone in there seem to think he’s the boss, nobody else likes him. Cannot wait to see them all sucking up to Scott after the next public vote when it’s clear the public like him and not Catherine.

Reactions: 30
Narcissistic is a word people throw around too lightly these days and diminish it's real meaning. Someone's poor behaviour does not automatically equate them to being a narcissistic.
See also: “gaslighting” “toxic” “emotional abuse”
---
I am crying at the look ahead for tonight. Mitch getting called a “scary little guy” 😂😂😂

Reactions: 15
See also: “gaslighting” “toxic” “emotional abuse”
---
I am crying at the look ahead for tonight. Mitch getting called a “scary little guy” 😂😂😂
Ty is so weird for that whole huddle with the boys but he did tell Medhi he was bored so
And I agree MANY words are overused. Even with my own therapist I try not to bring those words into the room. She even says to me "I can't diagnose someone who's not in the room with us" soooo.

Reactions: 10
I think they’ll have to cancel it after this series, so predictable.

The Molly dumping was the only thing that was a shock really

Also does anyone else really not like Catherine’s low pony? I hate a low pony.

Reactions: 6
I'm not convinced at all by this narrative that there must be something Scott's doing in the villa to upset people that we're not being shown. None of the dumped islanders have said a bad word about him and you'd think that someone would mention any questionable behaviour. Several of them have slagged off Messy Mitch so they haven't been holding back.

Reactions: 21
I think they’ll have to cancel it after this series, so predictable.

The Molly dumping was the only thing that was a shock really

Also does anyone else really not like Catherine’s low pony? I hate a low pony.
I've been thinking that! It does her no favours.

Reactions: 4
Yeah I think she’s very pretty but have really gone off her.

Also I love Ella’s hair when she wears it natural . Zaras suited her best natural too. I wanna see more curls and Afro hair! And less extensions, weaves and wigs.

Well said Gossie, it’s possible to be a right old pain in the backside when there’s nothing amiss with your mental health, far too many labels these days for my liking. At the risk of hopefully not coming over as preachy:

Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental health condition in which people have an unreasonably high sense of their own importance. They need and seek too much attention and want people to admire them. People with this disorder may lack the ability to understand or care about the feelings of others”

IMO Katherine is a people pleaser but with too many others around she’s not really sure who to please; very much a follower not a leader; she’s a woman who seeks validation and when she gets it lets it go to her head. I pretty much say this every year but with a different set of islanders we’d see a completely different Katherine.
Dare I say it BAAA .. ooops I just did😳

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Why has Leah completely glossed over Montel “doing bits” with Tink in bed?! Kady is vile shouting at Scott like that, why is she still there if she allegedly has a criminal boyfriend?

Reactions: 17
Why has Leah completely glossed over Montel “doing bits” with Tink in bed?! Kady is vile shouting at Scott like that, why is she still there if she allegedly has a criminal boyfriend?
Kady comforting Jess was nice though 🥺

Reactions: 2
Kady comforting Jess was nice though 🥺
I do remember from Season 2 that Kady had many shouting matches but these were only always with her partner Scott Thomas: otherwise she came across to me as a funny and supportive Islander. On one occasion she was the only Islander who comforted Sophie Graydon who was sitting alone and crying, no excuses Sophie had been out of order with some of the things she had been saying but there are times when everyone needs a hug. 😞

Reactions: 10
Well said Gossie, it’s possible to be a right old pain in the backside when there’s nothing amiss with your mental health, far too many labels these days for my liking. At the risk of hopefully not coming over as preachy:

Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental health condition in which people have an unreasonably high sense of their own importance. They need and seek too much attention and want people to admire them. People with this disorder may lack the ability to understand or care about the feelings of others”

IMO Katherine is a people pleaser but with too many others around she’s not really sure who to please; very much a follower not a leader; she’s a woman who seeks validation and when she gets it lets it go to her head. I pretty much say this every year but with a different set of islanders we’d see a completely different Katherine.
You can be a people pleaser without being a bully tho she knows she’s effed up and looks bad and she’s trying make Scott the bad guy to divert attention and look better but in the end there is zero excuse for bullying she needs to go and she will imho.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I think the girls only picked to watch Scott's tape to look for any reason to pick on him and justify Catherine's actions.

There was absolutely no other point in picking his, he isn't coupled up with anyone and Catherine has clearly moved on.

Reactions: 18
You can be a people pleaser without being a bully tho she knows she’s effed up and looks bad and she’s trying make Scott the bad guy to divert attention and look better but in the end there is zero excuse for bullying she needs to go and she will imho.
Of course, I just think she feels empowered by the goings on around her and she’s possibly not like that in the real world, we can only observe. But yes one way or another she’ll soon find out her behaviour has not been acceptable, hopefully it will be a life lesson.

Reactions: 2

Whilst I agree that narcissism as a descriptor isn’t to be confused with Narcissistic Personality Disorder, I don’t really see an issue with people using it in general parlance if the shoe fits. ‘Oh that’s a bit narcissistic’ doesn’t mean the person being spoken about has an actual diagnosis of NPD

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.