Succession - HBO

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve been reading an explanation of each episode on Mashable.com (productive WFH day 😂) and now I understand it all a bit better !! Would recommend to anyone else who also feels a little confused after watching!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
this post is how i learnt that keiran is also in home alone - i never knew 🤣🤯

the poster above calling this a grubby depressing episode is so right. it’s what i love and also sometimes hate about this show - they’re all awful people. we see flashes of their insecurities and the possibility of something else…. but they’re all such products of their upbringing.

roman was the absolute WORST this ep.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Well that’s my profile pic having to be changed then, you little weasel Roman, just when I thought you had changed too!

Reactions: 4
Does anyone know if Kendall’s kids are his biologically or are they adopted?
the daughter is definitely adopted, I heard it on the official Succession podcast. I think the son may be his. it was dissected somewhere that Logan (back when he was alive) pretty much ignored Ken's daughter, but was concerned about the son

Reactions: 5
Is anybody glad Tom is finally standing up to Shiv? I felt a little bad when he didn't believe Shiv was pregnant but duck Shiv. Conniving little witch being found out by both of the brothers and Greg twisting the knife was just *chef's kiss* poetic justice in the episode.

This is Greg's shrug and big fat grin slowed down -

Also Hugo tonight was a riot!

show-me-your-fucking-dick.gif

---
Does anyone know if Kendall’s kids are his biologically or are they adopted?
Sophie is adopted. Iverson is biologically Kendall's kid. I think Rava and Kendall had infertility issues. Plus judging by Iverson's interest in certain children's books (Season 3), I think Logan was very cross about the fact that Iverson wasn't as smart as most kids. So, I am guessing he has a learning disability too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Long time lurker on this thread but just wanted to share my thoughts
I have said since series one, and it's cemented my prediction after the latest episode.. Greg is going to screw them all over, I wasn't sure how, but now I think Mattson has him on side.

Reactions: 11
Connor's "concession" speech was brilliant (jackrabbits 😆) and the wasabi in the eye nearly killed me laughing!!!

I'm watching it for the second time now (after firat watching it at 4.30am before work!) and it's still exhausting trying to keep up with the mental gymnastics even though I know what happens....

Kendall is totally flailing this week, I genuinely think he never would have thought Shiv would pull a stunt like that

Reactions: 3
Just finished watching and I feel SICK
I just want to remind everyone and this is from the bottom of my heart and as my therapist's orders, please watch something lighthearted and funny after the show because this show gives me so much anxiety and rage, seeing how the rich behave with such callousness (fictional as it is).

Reactions: 9
“I drank things that aren’t normally drinks”

Schrodinger's president 🤣

So, why did Mattson shaft Shiv? Does he just enjoy bleeping with the Roys for sport? He had to know that Greg is too much of an ambitious puppy to not use that info almost as soon as he got it 🤔
---
the wasabi in the eye nearly killed me laughing!!!
At the start of the episode I was eating wasabi peas and almost rubbed my eye. ‘Oooh, no, definitely don’t want to do that’, I thought.

And then 10 minutes later … poor guy 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Still can't stop thinking abou that episode, far too close to the Fox/GOP truth for comfort. Roman only seems to grow a bit of humanity when he has less power. He showed us who he was when he tore up that cheque in front of that kid in S1E1 and remember how horrible he was to Ken at Ken's party and he's the one that chose an actual fascist as the GOP pick for Logan. I predict he is only going to get worse now he has secured his position as the only one with full access to Mencken.

Power corrupts them all absolutely, after all who needs a soul, according to Greg.
---
Also I think Matsson finally understands the power of US TV news

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
I hate Roman, I always hoped the kid he fucked over in episode 1 turns up as a teenager and kills him. He’s hideous.
They haven’t found out yet he was going to stab them in the back yet have they? I hope Kerry or Geri grasses him up.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Eugh what a grubby grubby depressing episode.
It was like the darkest-timeline version of The West Wing 😣

Roman really is becoming his father's son. Logan was always of the mind that what they do is bring people the awful, depressing news, they don't create the awful, depressing news. It's the people doing that all on their own. Roman shares that cynical view of humanity and it's the way he and Logan can let themselves off the hook and sleep at night.

I loved Connor, (initially) noble in defeat: "Alas, Kentucky, Willa." 😂😂😂

• Haha
Trailer for next week’s episode

Nice to see some returning faces at the funeral.

Roman seems to have slipped into a parallel dimension! 🫤

Roman is my favourite character.

By saying that by no means am I saying I LIKE him. He's a horrible, despicable little tit. But he's just SO well written and Keiran acts him so well that I can't help but be mesmerised every time he's on screen. Sometimes the best characters are the worst ones.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Roman is my favourite character.

By saying that by no means am I saying I LIKE him. He's a horrible, despicable little tit. But he's just SO well written and Keiran acts him so well that I can't help but be mesmerised every time he's on screen. Sometimes the best characters are the worst ones.
same - just think Ramsay Bolton on got!

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.