Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Boring Monday

VIP Member
I think maybe they were simply ill-matched. They produced some lovely performances, but she did seem quite on edge, and not particularly enjoying herself.

I'm not defending him but there's possibly fault on both sides. She has a difficult home situation, I gather, and maybe that played into whatever happened too. I remember the first night just as they were about to run up to the Clauditorium, I felt that Gio was steeling himself as if - 'here we go, this is the next bit I have to get through'. I posted about it here at the time, so maybe his heart wasn't in it either.

If say Angela S was with Gio, she seemed to be the type who would say nope, I have had enough. But not for anything would I have wished Angela to be with anyone but Carlos. 😁
I think it was 6 of one and half a dozen of the other exacerbated by things they couldn’t help.

I don’t think they should have been put together in the first place. I think the Pairing People bought into the Amanda is feisty smokescreen (which considering there are supposed to be psychologists involved could be a bit of a worry) not seeing the fragile personality behind. Gio seems to have one teaching style and only seems to adapt when explicitly told totally at odds with Amanda’s actual personality. I also don’t think you can underestimate the part played by her early rib injury. Christmas Special Sally still couldn’t laugh and/or breathe without pain 3 weeks later and she hadn’t had to do another 3 weeks’ of full on training. To have had an experience she enjoyed, she really needed a Gorka or a Graz.

Reactions: 12

posy

VIP Member
It’s a shame Vito is on cameo and not OnlyFans. I don’t think my requests wouldn’t be appropriate for cameo.

Last edited:
  • Haha

glasgow27

VIP Member
I just highly doubt that Vito or Nikita would ever have a partnership like this with a celeb. Carlos probably as well. There lies the difference - even if Amanda wasn't the easiest for Gio to work with, fact is that he's not as easy for the celebs to get on with as some of the others either.

• Heart

Boogs

VIP Member
I honestly think these Bobby stories are out there as a distraction from Gio.
I think Bobby is a bit of a dick and quite immature but I really don’t think he has his eye on Dianne.

Boogs

VIP Member
Maybe strictly is just some big polyamorous orgy and they are all doing each other? That’s how they let off steam on their Sunday days off.

• Haha

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
Graz does appear to be the Dad of the group. When Layton and Nikita got their first 40 I think Graz was as excited as they were 😂
Yes, his face was a picture. 😁

I always notice him in the Clauditorium, ever ready with pats on the back and hugs and general celebration for everyone.

• Heart

gdw1910

I think if anything gets him it will be the stuff about the other pros being ‘jealous’.
Honestly out of the whole article this is the part I buy the least. I know Gio isn't super popular on here, but I always thought despite being pretty cocky, he seemed to get on well with the other pros. He was always close with Gorka and Kai, and they still seemed friendly in the clauditorium. He also seemed friendly with Karen, Luba and Jowita this year, and he and Jowita haven't seemed to have had too much of a fallen out despite their 'break up'. I don't doubt he's a bit of a dick but I don't see hum feuding with all the pros. He also tours with Lauren! If he was so awful I doubt she'd tour with him again this year.

soccergirl

VIP Member
I know social media likes don't tell the full story, but you would think the pros would want to show support for Gio this week of all weeks. I can't see any likes there (though maybe some I don't follow..).
Or maybe they're all just so repelled by the horrible image they can't bring themselves to look at it..

• Haha
Reactions: 11

Boogs

VIP Member
Also interesting that it’s Ranvir who is on the front page. I’m sure she won’t be happy with that as she hasn’t mentioned him for years. It was public knowledge that they’d clashed at the time and then he changed his training methods and she loved him. It was whatever happened after the show that left them not speaking…

Still not clear if the BBC actually investigated and said he did nothing wrong?

(I imagine the pro WhatsApp group is lit (the one without Gio). Normally it’s just Gorka sending workout pics and Vito putting in animal videos, with the odd inspirational quote from Dianne and Luba)
Come on you know Neil is going to be posting on that group multiple times a day. I had the pleasure of his 1st day in the life tour vlog come up on my FYP last night. I’m so pleased I got to see everything he packed for the tour. He’s like Karen in that his social media use is that of someone 20 odd years younger than him. I can’t believe he is in his 40s. I’m sure he isn’t a horrible guy or anything but he’s such a needy attention seeker. Still at least when rehearsals start we might get a glimpse of the others.

Boogs

VIP Member
Sorry but only 8 hours a day? That's a bloody working day. A 40 hour week being viewed as the bare minimum is very problematic.
More than 40 hours as they would work 6 days a week. Well the pros would do 7 if they prepared their choreography on the Sunday. Look at how exhausted some of them looked by the final. Physical training for 8 hours in one day would finish me off let alone going 6 days a week potentially for months.

daisynoon

Chatty Member
I think people here are underestimating how difficult it is to go from non-dancing to dancing all day long as you full time job 6 days a week. It's like going from a gentle walk every now and again to running a marathon daily all of a sudden.
That article says that Rose did very little exercise. She was slim but unlikely to be fit. So she was starting from nothing.
Every celeb complains about the impact on their body and the soreness of their feet.
Then add in the heels that you have to practise in to do the dance properly. My feet hurt after a couple of hours dancing on a night out.
There's a lot Gio can be blamed for, but that's not one of them.
Gio is the professional partner responsible for the celebrity's well-being, as people have asked questions about Kai with AJ's injury, Vito with Ellie's lift, and Graz with Sally's rib injury.

I'm gobsmacked that Rose couldn't walk before week one. Rose is not the first non-athletic celebrity to be on Strictly, Gio clearly pushed her too far when others are complaining about blisters and she has to be carried around.

• Heart