Strictly Come Dancing 2024 #9

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I saw someone on the rumours thread on DS suggest Su Pollard because of how much Tattle have mentioned her :LOL: Why is it weird when Tattle is mentioned elsewhere? I think I prefer it when they call it "another forum" because they don't want to admit to reading Tattle 😁

Quickly watched the This Morning segment they were asked about Gio and whether they will change their approach to the celebs, Vito just started talking about the positives of Strictly, Dianne explained how she teaches each celeb differently. I think they were going to question Vito about his relationship with Ellie but then didn’t. Interestingly the pros are told around Feb time if they will be back. Oh and Red Hot and Ready will be more than just dancing. Dianne mentioned acting, Vito mentioned singing and instruments. Why can’t it just be dancing.
I was just watching that and was :oops: when Dianne said she wanted to showcase her acting. Suddenly I'm OK with them calling it a UK tour when it's only England and a few Wales dates :LOL: And look at these matching outfits🧣

Reactions: 6
I think she’s just got a bit of a weird allegiance with him & likes to think of herself as a ‘cougar’ where he’s concerned, and he played up to it massively as a means of elevating his standing in the show.
Like recognises like.

There's stuff about how tough she was on the Houghs when they were kids and living with her.
---
I’ve also recently noticed there is a huge divide in her comments towards the female pros vs the males.
She barely knows the female pros names.

Reactions: 4
I would laugh if Su Pollard was announced - would that mean we manifested it?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I was just watching that and was :oops: when Dianne said she wanted to showcase her acting. Suddenly I'm OK with them calling it a UK tour when it's only England and a few Wales dates :LOL: And look at these matching outfits🧣

Love that Vito decided to channel Fred from Scooby Doo.
They both looked awkward at the Gio question and basically deflected - 'we are so happy to be back, Amy is back!' Unsurprisingly, no mention of 'of course we'll miss him'.

Amanda Platell defending Gio again: interesting semi-suggestion presumably that Vito is leaking all the anti-FR stuff??!
There’s long been suspicions it’s a fellow male dancer, jealous of Gio’s stella [sic] success.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Love that Vito decided to channel Fred from Scooby Doo.
They both looked awkward at the Gio question and basically deflected - 'we are so happy to be back, Amy is back!' Unsurprisingly, no mention of 'of course we'll miss him'.

Vito did say you need to tailor your approach to each celeb and understand their needs.
Just like he deflected very quickly the topic of Ellie… Ellie went to see you at the pro tour… yeah, so did Bobby turning to Dianne.
She’s allowed to go to the pro tour without people thinking you’re shagging Vito.

Reactions: 3
Shirley IMO just isn't a nice person so no surprise she's team Gio. Someone like her I imagine has very different ideas of teaching to the normal person, as if it's not evident by how her critiques on Strictly sometimes seem to have a bit of a mean streak.

Still curious as to why Julianne mentioned abuse when she lived in London with the Ballases...

Oh, and I'll always maintain that Gio wouldn't have had as easy of a ride on the show had Len stayed longer. I think Len saw right through him, Shirley's arrival was where they started to properly indulge him.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
As I’m nosey, I still want to know what happened between Vito and Gio. They were OK during Vitos first year, I remember Gio being really enthusiastic over Vito/Fleur Samba. Why does Gio dislike Vito - I don’t think it is just jealousy.

Vito deflecting from Ellie, in fairness to Vito whenever he has been on This Morning with Ellie, he has always been asked if they are more than friends, so I get why he deflected. I thought that is the way Ben was going to go after he mentioned that Ellie went to see tour and had early made some quip about their being a lot of love on Strictly and he would get on to that later. I don’t see anything more than friendship/sibling type love between Vito and Ellie -weirdly I think I would get the ick if they were more than friends, don’t know why. When I say sibling love, I mean Vito idea of sibling/family love.

Oh, and I'll always maintain that Gio wouldn't have had as easy of a ride on the show had Len stayed longer. I think Len saw right through him, Shirley's arrival was where they started to properly indulge him.
100%. I think Len always saw him as arrogant. Shame Shirley drools over him. Motsi has the best taste imo her faves are deffo Nikita and Graz

Reactions: 8
I think the reason I like Craig is he doesn’t have favourites and tends to treat everyone the same. I don’t always agree with his opinion but he is consistent, majority of the time.

Reactions: 24
As I’m nosey, I still want to know what happened between Vito and Gio. They were OK during Vitos first year, I remember Gio being really enthusiastic over Vito/Fleur Samba. Why does Gio dislike Vito - I don’t think it is just jealousy.
NGL I would love it if Vito, dressed as Fred from Scooby Doo, walked off the set of This Morning after simping around about the Strictly family etc and immediately snapped into cold, dead-eyed assassin mode, shouting 'Get me Clemmie Moodie from The Sun on the phone, I've got a, 'ow you say, doozy, about Giovanni pissing on Amy's stirfry in Movie Week'.

Comments on the Amanda Platell piece confirm Vito as improbable moustache-twirling villain:
I would guess that the male dancer leak is the new Italian Vito. I watched him on this morning today and it's clear that he can't stand him. he is the only one who doesn't follow him and to me I think he is very over the top with everything!! to me he is disingenuous

JOT79 Addlestone, United Kingdom13 minutes ago

Very well said - it was always obvious that Vito wanted Gio’s Crown from the beginning and he and his dance partner are/were close to Abbington. The fact that he reacted the way he did this morning has confirmed to me how disingenuous he is… he has tried and obviously succeeded to turn everyone against Gio - the BBC needs to investigate this man thoroughly

• Haha
  • Wow
Shirley IMO just isn't a nice person so no surprise she's team Gio. Someone like her I imagine has very different ideas of teaching to the normal person, as if it's not evident by how her critiques on Strictly sometimes seem to have a bit of a mean streak.

Still curious as to why Julianne mentioned abuse when she lived in London with the Ballases...

I remember Len putting Giovanni back in his box after his rumba with Georgia. RIP Len, you could see his arrogance from day 1.

I dont believe the leaks are from any of the dancers as surely the details of this investigation the only people that would know about it are those investigating and the people they are reporting to, plus any minute taker.

NGL I would love it if Vito, dressed as Fred from Scooby Doo, walked off the set of This Morning after simping around about the Strictly family etc and immediately snapped into cold, dead-eyed assassin mode, shouting 'Get me Clemmie Moodie from The Sun on the phone, I've got a, 'ow you say, doozy, about Giovanni pissing on Amy's stirfry in Movie Week'.

Comments on the Amanda Platell piece confirm Vito as improbable moustache-twirling villain:
The BBC has a lot on their plate - investigating Vito thoroughly is definitely a job for Tattle.

• Haha
Reactions: 2

Blimey, they really don’t like Vito! Major leaps going on there!
---
The BBC has a lot on their plate - investigating Vito thoroughly is definitely a job for Tattle.
I am trained in investigations (HR not crime), happy to take the lead.

Last edited:
Can’t wait for the Beryls to be firmly up Shirley’s arse this year after spending the last decade slagging her off.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I can’t believe the BBC have allegedly hired ex Met officers for their investigation. I beginning to think either there is no substantial evidence to back up claims and it is now down to interviews and interpretation or there is evidence that the BBC were aware of and they are wondering how to turn it around so they don’t look bad.

Reactions: 2
Like recognises like.

There's stuff about how tough she was on the Houghs when they were kids and living with her.
---
She barely knows the female pros names.
Katya, in particular, might as well be invisible when it comes to Shirley. She almost always refers to the other pros by name, and says how great they are doing, especially the men.

Reactions: 9
Katya, in particular, might as well be invisible when it comes to Shirley. She almost always refers to the other pros by name, and says how great they are doing, especially the men.
And that's just weird since Katya is one of the best ever on the show and deserves the praise.

I'm no Dianne fan, but also thought Shirley has been quite rude to her unless Dianne has a celeb partner Shirley really likes à la Joe/Tyler/Bobby.

Why does everyone think the other pros are jealous of Fanny Rat? In his 9 years on the show he got to the final 3 times with massive ringers and won with Rose who quite frankly might have even won if she was partnered with Neil. Vito got to the final in his first series and won his 2nd, if anything Fanny Rat should be jealous of him!

In all honesty I don’t think any of the male pros are out to get him or jealous of him. They are just not massive cunts (needy Neil aside).
And that's just weird since Katya is one of the best ever on the show and deserves the praise.

I'm no Dianne fan, but also thought Shirley has been quite rude to her unless Dianne has a celeb partner Shirley really likes à la Joe/Tyler/Bobby.
I think Shirley’s problem with Katya is related to Neil. I’m convinced she is the reason why he is kept on despite spending most of his time on the bench.

Shirley is definitely not a girls girl and she always lets her personal feelings show. I’m sure she doesn’t think he has done anything wrong because she is old skool and is a prick too.

Reactions: 11