Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Woolmercardington

VIP Member
Vito is very tactile and way ott for me, but he behaves like this with his friends and family, males and females.
Yes and he was very tactile with Ellie right from the start. They were both very physically comfortable with each other, which always indicates to me that there's no secret romance going on. I think he very fond and protective of Ellie in a big brother sort of way.

Reactions: 9

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
Putting Chris with Dianne would be a massive disservice to him. She isn't creative enough to alter her already weak choreography and teaching style, plus she blamed Tyler's height and feet when she got criticism, what's she gonna do, say it's Chris' fault for not having functioning retinas when she gets a bit of criticism?

She is the only consistently partnered pro who hasn't been challenged with a same sex partner or partner with a disability and I think there's a reason for that.

• Heart

glasgow27

VIP Member
Sad news from the Gio appreciation thread, Lady Lavender passed away. I know we liked to take the piss out of her Gio obsession, 'affectionate ribbing' as you call it Filly, but she has been a fixture on the DS Strictly forum for as long as I can remember, and it will be odd her not being there commenting on the next series 😢
Very sad. I had it out with her a couple of times over her Gio obsession, but she always was a big presence on DS and added a lot to many discussions.

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
I left Juliet's group because it was a cesspit of Giofanny apologists, her included. I always read the spoiler on here first anyway so it was kind of redundant being there.

Geetbo

VIP Member
Can’t wait for the Beryls to be firmly up Shirley’s arse this year after spending the last decade slagging her off.

• Haha

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
I think it's perfectly normal to form little sub groups in your wider group of colleagues.

A group chat consisting of Karen, Gorka, Luba, Jowita and Neil sounds like where all the tea would be. I'm sure they endure Neil because he probably knows allllll the best gossip. Which is, incidentally, why he's kept on as a pro.

• Haha

whoareyoukidding

Chatty Member
Shirley IMO just isn't a nice person so no surprise she's team Gio. Someone like her I imagine has very different ideas of teaching to the normal person, as if it's not evident by how her critiques on Strictly sometimes seem to have a bit of a mean streak.

Still curious as to why Julianne mentioned abuse when she lived in London with the Ballases...

Oh, and I'll always maintain that Gio wouldn't have had as easy of a ride on the show had Len stayed longer. I think Len saw right through him, Shirley's arrival was where they started to properly indulge him.
I remember Len putting Giovanni back in his box after his rumba with Georgia. RIP Len, you could see his arrogance from day 1.

Reactions: 8

gdw1910

If I were his PR - for set up shots I would be suggesting a walk with his new dog - looking a little downcast - no smoking, perhaps sipping on a coffee on his way to donate to a charity shop or a food bank.
Surprised there's been no set up shots of him and his girlfriend walking the dog, or him chatting with Anton and Lauren to prove Strictly cast members still support him (despite them having booked this tour a year ago!)

soccergirl

VIP Member
I had a peek in the Nigel/Katya AT recently. It was an eye-opener. His mythical status has only grown since December, as has the conviction that the show, the CIA, George Soros, and Interpol conspired to bring him down, as they could not permit such terrible beauty to exist in the world.

• Haha

MeghanSnarkle

VIP Member
I had a peek in the Nigel/Katya AT recently. It was an eye-opener. His mythical status has only grown since December, as has the conviction that the show, the CIA, George Soros, and Interpol conspired to bring him down, as they could not permit such terrible beauty to exist in the world.
I love Nige but even I was like WTF it was very clearly Buswells hench men who dropped him so no need to hate on the actual show.

I'm a bit of a Harman outcast these days as I actually LOVED that he did Strictly and i had a right laugh on here all through, it was carnage but fucking funny 😂

soccergirl

VIP Member
It can’t be selling well. I saw a few negative comments on Juliet’s facebook group saying they didn’t enjoy it. My favourite comment was the person who said Lauren was better than both of them and they’d pay to watch her own tour.
I'm shocked Juliet allowed any Gio criticism in her group. Perhaps that's why Hurricane Beryl is trending??

• Haha

soccergirl

VIP Member
This year, for me, will be the decider as to how good a pro Vito is as I’m guessing he will not get a ringer/contender. Keeping my fingers crossed that whoever he gets, he gives them a good time. In the Italian version, although he won, Arisa wasn’t a natural dancer and he definitely gave her good time.
I can see Nikita becoming the male Katya and doing more creative choreography if he gets the ‘duffer’.
Not sure Vito will be able to use the same tactic with Su Pollard, ie slipping it in

• Haha

daisynoon

Chatty Member
I think Shirls probably thinks he hasn’t done anything wrong as I think Gio truly believes he hasn’t. Shirls can sometimes deliver feedback really vindictively - not what she says but how she says it.
Reportedly Shirley was also a very strict teacher herself; I remember hearing of her in that vein long before she was a judge.

Honeystar

VIP Member
I love that Ellie and Vito have remained close and still have the exact same vibe they did in the show (be still my shipping heart)…it’s nice to know it wasn’t all a ploy to get votes and what we were seeing was their genuine relationship

soccergirl

VIP Member
My insta algorithm served me a post by a Gio superfan, for my sins. When I glanced at the comments the first one is by this person. A quick google tells me he is indeed a Sicilian former competitive dancer..
Looks like FR being an absolute twat is a poorly kept secret in the the dance world

Attachments