Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Shirley is interacting with FR in her insta story I see. Makes me wonder if she believes he’s innocent or knows something others don’t?:unsure:
I think she’s just got a bit of a weird allegiance with him & likes to think of herself as a ‘cougar’ where he’s concerned, and he played up to it massively as a means of elevating his standing in the show.

Reactions: 10

Geetbo

VIP Member
As soon as Su Pollard and Jeremy Spake from Airport are announced everyone will forget all about FR.

• Haha

glasgow27

VIP Member
Celebs I used to/fancy need to stop appearing on strictly because I get huge ick from them and dislike them. Will mellor and tom from mcfly are high examples and now I dislike both of them 😂
Dappy for strictly 2024!!
I'm kinda hoping we get another Tom Fletcher type this year. This thread was a hoot when he was on.

• Haha

Boogs

VIP Member
I can just imagine Nicola and Gorka sat in the training room saying to each other “I just can’t be fucking arsed to do the Charleston, can you?”
Can you imagine the looks Shirley will get when she does her usual hate on the female contestants?

• Haha

Redline

I don't hate Dianne, but I just can't think what her and Joe actually talk about at home. "Check out this new Tiktok I've posted, babe!" "Where do clouds come from?"

• Haha

PrincessJeanie

VIP Member
I don’t think she’d injured herself by then?
I really like Adam and Jasmine, they were great on the Graz tour. Jamie Cutler is also excellent ( sad to hear he lost his mum last week).
---
On a completely different topic, I noticed Yinrun from Big Brother has followed loads of Strictly Pros ( not Kai though) , plus Strictly and Strictly Live pages. Wondering if she might be a possible celeb.
I’d be surprised if they used a contestant from civilian BB. I’d take no notice of her follows. She’s probably doing a Fakey Quickenden and trying to get her name thrown out there into the mix.
Fakey follows the official insta page, the BBC, Tess & Claudia, every judge, all the pro dancers and starts following the celeb contestants appearing every year as well 🙄 Plus he starts doing dancing reels and begging and tagging the program in the months leading up to the new series. Fortunately it’s never done him any good and I personally hope they never get that desperate to ever consider entertaining that attention seeking wanker 😂

Reactions: 9

posy

VIP Member
Katya is probably the only pro that I will miss out of the current ones when she leaves - the others I think are easily replaceable. Katya, however, has done some of the most memorable and creative choreography.

Boogs

VIP Member
I'm shocked Juliet allowed any Gio criticism in her group. Perhaps that's why Hurricane Beryl is trending??
She didn’t let it go without comment 😂
IMG_7535.jpeg

Interesting after the free for all that certain group members had about Layton last year that she jumps straight in when Govinnie the bellendo is mentioned 🤔
---
Ha, I saw Hurricane Beryl in the news earlier, and thought 'every day is Hurricane Beryl on the Strictly Facebook groups' :LOL:
The amount of people that I would have dismissed as Beryls that I saw on their feet dancing and whooping for Layton and Nikita on Sunday I’m satisfied that the Beryls on that group are just a special brand of cunt rather than the norm.

• Haha

Woolmercardington

VIP Member
TBH I'm surprised they haven't been doing this already! 😬
Yeah, exactly. I thought these measures were already in place? I mean there have been quite a number of celebs who did actually say how well cared for you were by the show as a whole. I'm sure Krishnan mentioned this, and despite being general knob, I do recall Jayde Adams saying very similar in her exit speech, i.e, how well looked after all the contestants were.

I always took it to mean their mental wellbeing was actually cared for by the show, and personal issues/concerns were given priority. I know last year on-call counselling was mentioned by Angela R and Adam.

soccergirl

VIP Member
What group is this on Facebook? I fancy a good wind up 😂
It's one of the Strictly spoiler groups but I can't tell you the name as I've been banned! It's run by Juliet Wear (boo) and her name is in the group description.

I think Amy will definitely be in some group numbers, but even that will require a lot of stamina. When I think that Graz in Vito's vlog from the end of tour was saying he'd done 100 shows since Jan - live tour, his tour, pro tour - it's insane the fitness level that the pros are at. Amy will need a lot of time to get back to that level I think.

ETA: I think she'd be very good on ITT. She was great in those little VTs last season.

Last edited:

posy

VIP Member
I think Shirls probably thinks he hasn’t done anything wrong as I think Gio truly believes he hasn’t. Shirls can sometimes deliver feedback really vindictively - not what she says but how she says it.

Woolmercardington

VIP Member
Yeah, I've got to give the lads their due, they put on a fab show tonight. Really fun, high-energy, lots of humour, fab outfits and they danced their socks off. And for me, I'm really glad it wasn't all brand new routines either and that it was very Strictly-centric.

Obviously London will love them too, but they'd do well to get a reception like tonight, especially from a matinee crowd which always have an air of the embalmed about them.

gdw1910

I only know her from the Masked Singer and she seems nice enough. And huge bonus points for not being Cheryl Cole.
I love Nicola, she gives so few shits about anything and it’s fab. I’m hoping they’ll let her showcase her ‘rude ginger bitch’ skirt she wore but it’s unlikely lol. Sadly Cheryl’s her best mate so no doubt she’ll be in the audience some weeks 🙄

Geetbo

VIP Member
I had a peek in the Nigel/Katya AT recently. It was an eye-opener. His mythical status has only grown since December, as has the conviction that the show, the CIA, George Soros, and Interpol conspired to bring him down, as they could not permit such terrible beauty to exist in the world.
The infantilisation of a 50 year old veteran of the stage was fascinating to me. It was as if Shirley was clubbing a seal live on TV every Saturday.

• Haha

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
Like recognises like.

There's stuff about how tough she was on the Houghs when they were kids and living with her.
---
She barely knows the female pros names.
Katya, in particular, might as well be invisible when it comes to Shirley. She almost always refers to the other pros by name, and says how great they are doing, especially the men.