Strictly Come Dancing 2024 #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Poor Neil and Chyna being papped like that. They must find it really unfair that the paps followed Neil when he didn’t even have a partner this year, yet Nikita was left alone after being a finalist in December…..
Yeah, imagine getting papped in a country where you go to jail for it as it’s illegal, they risked it all for Neil from Strictly. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
If contestants don't want to do the show because of Amanda's experience, then it's maybe a sign to take FR out? Just saying...
I don’t think he’ll be back next season!
Wouldn’t mind Sheree doing it but I couldn’t handle it if her awful mate Charley Webb was signed. She went through a stage of posting dancing stories and tagging in Oti 🙈 if anyone would fall out with her pro, it would be her mardy arse she is.

Reactions: 5
I don’t think he’ll be back next season!
Wouldn’t mind Sheree doing it but I couldn’t handle it if her awful mate Charley Webb was signed. She went through a stage of posting dancing stories and tagging in Oti 🙈 if anyone would fall out with her pro, it would be her mardy arse she is.
Don’t bet on it. I went to see the fanny rat show last week ( basically for Lauren and Pasquale who were ace) and the audience were absolutely screaming for him! He’s not lost any popularity at all.
Oh and I tried his Eau de FR as they had samples and it’s very lemon scented and didn’t last longer than the interval. Not something I’d shell out £50 for anyway.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Don’t bet on it. I went to see the fanny rat show last week ( basically for Lauren and Pasquale who were ace) and the audience were absolutely screaming for him! He’s not lost any popularity at all.
Oh and I tried his Eau de FR as they had samples and it’s very lemon scented and didn’t last longer than the interval. Not something I’d shell out £50 for anyway.
🙈🙈 can’t believe there were samples 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
If contestants don't want to do the show because of Amanda's experience, then it's maybe a sign to take FR out? Just saying...
I think on the whole they need to look at how intensely the celebs are trained and pushed!
Not excusing FR in anyway, but there's been more drop outs and injuries in the couple of seasons than just Amanda.
I imagine most folk want to do strictly for the glitz and glamour and the fun of it all, not the risk of getting dropped on your head on live TV...

Reactions: 10
So Neil didn’t just know a young woman was the one from seeing her on TV and slide into her DM’s they also decided to start trying for a baby after 3 MONTHS?!? As well we being an annoying needy wannabe influencer this guy is a walking talking red flag.

Reactions: 8
Ah, she’d be there for a ciggy card and couple of green sheild stamps.

i honestly think the best thing they could do would be to sit some of the pros and Shirley the judges down and explain to them that it’s not the World Championships, it’s a shiny floor show with a trophy that disintegrates as soon as you touch it. None of the celebs are going to have a new career off the back of it, they are not learning to dance … they are just learning a routine.

Then bring in Mr G and his merry band of choreographers and explain to them it’s just a shiny floor Show. The celebs don’t need to train from sun up to sun down incurring all manner of tweaks and niggles from day one, and they certainly aren’t acrobats or gymnasts and so tricks that leave them looking terrified are best left alone.

Then just in case they haven’t got it, explain it’s just a shiny floor show and people want fun and sparkles not someone wafting about in their loungewear pointing to the heavens and doing the reach and grab (Brendan may disagree) to a Hayleyfication of an 80’s soft rock mash-up in honour of Granny Edith’s budgie.

Reactions: 15
I imagine most folk want to do strictly for the glitz and glamour and the fun of it all, not the risk of getting dropped on your head on live TV...
Exactly.
It's a light entertainment programme after all, and people doing crazy hours and hurting themselves should really not be part of the equation at all.

Reactions: 9
I think on the whole they need to look at how intensely the celebs are trained and pushed!
Not excusing FR in anyway, but there's been more drop outs and injuries in the couple of seasons than just Amanda.
Yeah, 7 withdrawals in 5 seasons. Even if you take out Nicola's COVID withdrawal, that's still a lot in such a short time.

By contrast, only 1 withdrawal between 2010 & 2018 (Will Young).

Reactions: 7
So Neil didn’t just know a young woman was the one from seeing her on TV and slide into her DM’s they also decided to start trying for a baby after 3 MONTHS?!? As well we being an annoying needy wannabe influencer this guy is a walking talking red flag.
That’s such bullshit. This baby was obviously an accident. She was pregnant at the 3 month mark. I don’t know why they are bothering to try spin it as anything other than what it glaringly was. Just do what Adam Peaty did and say, yes, the pregnancy wasn’t planned but we are very excited about it.

They blatantly arranged for those paps to be there. Dubai beach walks are notoriously set up pap shots. Embarrassing really but not surprising given her claim to fame.

Yeah, 7 withdrawals in 5 seasons. Even if you take out Nicola's COVID withdrawal, that's still a lot in such a short time.

By contrast, only 1 withdrawal between 2010 & 2018 (Will Young).
Some of those are just bad luck though. Nigel, it seems, just fell awkardly (or was dropped by Evil Arduino). Tony, I suspect, was already at his limit, and would have had a comfortable Les Dennis exit if he hadn't had Katya.

I miss the Vito-Hamza bromance

Attachments

• Heart
I agree. Over the last few years the show has started to look like a feat of physical and emotional endurance with a side-order of over-bearing press intrusion and a heavy dose of online abuse.

It’s also not *that* well paid for what can be 3-4 months of a massive time commitment plus additional expectations.

I fear that casting will be even harder going forward - maybe Desperado Quickenden will get a shot after all 🫤

Reactions: 8
Never mind Amanda, I'd say probably Nigel's experience would turn people away. Who wants to be told off by Shirley week after week like he was?

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I just don't think celebs would look to Strictly as a bit of fun anymore. It's evolved into this super competitive media circus where injuries and withdrawals are far too frequent.

If I was a celebrity, I wouldn't do it now.

• Heart
Never mind Amanda, I'd say probably Nigel's experience would turn people away. Who wants to be told off by Shirley after week like he was?
The situation with Nigel and Katya highlighted something that when you look back was quite unnecessary for any pairing to have to go through.

Shirley totally lacks the true impartiality needed to be a fair judge.

When she locks on to a favourite they cannot put a foot wrong and this year it actually became quite gross to watch at times
Tbh a lot of viewers did feel genuinely upset by the way certain people were treated by her and it did highlight some real unpleasantness, I hope we never see the like of that behaviour again from her.

Reactions: 16
The situation with Nigel and Katya highlighted something that when you look back was quite unnecessary for any pairing to have to go through.

Shirley totally lacks the true impartiality needed to be a fair judge.

When she locks on to a favourite they cannot put a foot wrong and this year it actually became quite gross to watch at times
Tbh a lot of viewers did feel genuinely upset by the way certain people were treated by her and it did highlight some real unpleasantness, I hope we never see the like of that behaviour again from her.
Shirley never worked as a replacement for Len but she's gradually got worse each year to the extent that she's now a total liability. I know many on here (myself included) find Motsi & Anton annoying, but both at least get that it's entertainment and aren't really detrimental to the show. 99% of viewers and seemingly many contestants can't stand her, she's rude, biased, extremely publicity hungry, continually drags the atmosphere of the show down and is paid way, way too much money funded by licence fee payers (that part is what really gets my goat).

In short - If the show wants to continue being successful, they have to sack her. But they seem afraid of her being Arlene 2.0.

• Heart
i honestly think the best thing they could do would be to sit some of the pros and Shirley the judges down and explain to them that it’s not the World Championships, it’s a shiny floor show with a trophy that disintegrates as soon as you touch it. None of the celebs are going to have a new career off the back of it, they are not learning to dance … they are just learning a routine.
Yes! Exactly this! Think that's what a lot of viewers need to realise, too. I can't say I know much of anything really about Ballroom or Latin dancing, but I just assume the celebs are, for the most part, essentially just doing a passable impression of a Waltz or a Cha Cha, or a Tango, etc. Some Strictly version of these forms of dance. Like what are you really learning in a matter of days?

Shirley never worked as a replacement for Len but she's gradually got worse each year to the extent that she's now a total liability. I know many on here (myself included) find Motsi & Anton annoying, but both at least get that it's entertainment and aren't really detrimental to the show. 99% of viewers and seemingly many contestants can't stand her, she's rude, biased, extremely publicity hungry, continually drags the atmosphere of the show down and is paid way, way too much money funded by licence fee payers (that part is what really gets my goat).

In short - If the show wants to continue being successful, they have to sack her. But they seem afraid of her being Arlene 2.0.
That’s harsh! Surely she’s no ruder than Craig. I moan about her when she goes off on one but she knows what’s she’s talking about. She wasn’t the only one to criticise Nigel but she was the only one who got heat for it.
I hope she brings out the tiny shoes next year - they’re due for a reappearance.

Reactions: 2
That’s harsh! Surely she’s no ruder than Craig. I moan about her when she goes off on one but she knows what’s she’s talking about. She wasn’t the only one to criticise Nigel but she was the only one who got heat for it.
I hope she brings out the tiny shoes next year - they’re due for a reappearance.
I think the difference is that Craig is clearly playing a character. Plus, she seems to lack awareness of when to actually boost confidence. She ends up being quite cutting and personal.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.