Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Boogs

VIP Member
I couldn’t believe it was a real promo pic when I first saw it. I just went onto Gios insta to double check and I found an even worse pic of them. I apologise for this but if my eyes had to suffer this just before a night of haunted nightmares then I’m taking you all down with me.

You’re welcome ☺

IMG_6809.png

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 15

soccergirl

VIP Member
BIB - I agree with this.

Imagine in about four years time, and we're all still here, but this time we're saying how much we hope Vito gets benched or leaves because since (hot new Italian pro who we all love has joined) he's got a face like a slapped arse, and clearly doesn't want to be there anymore.

Or, how we used to love Nikita years ago, but since he married Layton and only wants to do shows with him now, he's totally checked out of Strictly and that's probably why his last partner pulled out.

I've never been endeared to Gio. Always thought he was a slime, and have just been actively bored by him these past couple of years, but I can at least understand coming down with a case of the Norma Desmonds when your star is effectively being replaced right before your eyes.
Love the idea of Gio as Norma Desmond - 'I'm still big, it's the dick pics that have got small!'

Also Vito basically stole Gio's playbook from under him which must be even more enraging - romantic/playful vibes with a sweet young soap star, to the point that some of his own fans are starting to turn to Vito. The pupil has become the master.

• Haha

soccergirl

VIP Member
We need to develop a code just in case one of us does have a scoop they want to share:

eg: URGENT - FANNY RAT SEEN IN INTIMATE EMBRACE WITH WANNABE LADYLAV IN THE BOGS. THIS IS NOT A DRILL.

• Haha

soccergirl

VIP Member
3 hours?!
It starts at 8:35 and ends at 01:30 am! and we complain about Strictly filler!

The shitness of the show in general, the billion couples in the aeon-long final, the fact that half the Strictly pro cast are hanging out there, the prospect of Gio trying to be nonchalantly aloof in his ‘Captain Birdseye’ outfit … it’s a veritable Christmas treat!
Also the fact that Giada, Anastasia, and Pasquale are effectively in a hostage situation, and might as well have signs round their necks saying 'SAVE ME' or 'SARAH JAMES, PLEASE CONSIDER MY CV!'

• Haha
  • Wow

ilovedogss

Ellie's showdance would've been really good without the lifts. They put the lifts in to be showstopping, but it ends up looking clumsy, and awkward to watch. It distracts too much from the dance, and doesn't flow.

Amanda's lift was like something from dancing on ice (not a good thing..)

LaBlonde

VIP Member
I just heard Eddie interviewed on Radio 4 about the DRC - really good programme. I know he and Karen had a laugh, but it did make me think that a pro like Katya would have really made him shine - he has a great personality and can move, but Karen just stuck a few basic Latin moves in for him.
i really like karen but she let him down :(

i feel like eddie and lauren could have been absolutely dynamite together tbh (as much as i obviously loved her with krishnan!) - he had so much potential.

Boring Monday

VIP Member
Strictly has made a rod for their own backs. By expecting every series to bring higher scores earlier and earlier and (absurd) records being broken every week and it never being “too early for a 10 from Shirley” and it always being “the best week one we’ve ever had” and there being no room for mistakes because “this is week two now,” the pressure placed on the pros and celebs to achieve that standard is ridiculous and forces them into this excessive training routine.

When a couple aren’t pushing themselves to the limit, it’s seen as not enough. For example, Katya mentioned in one interview that she stopped Nigel training at 5 each evening because it was important he had time to rest and be with his family and DS was filled with comments about them not taking it seriously and how she had gone soft because she wasn’t pushing him hard enough.

Strictly has created an environment where 12 hour training days are seen as the norm and it’s no wonder celebs are ending up injured or struggling with their mental health when it’s meant to be a light Saturday night entertainment show.
In the very dim and distant past, Mr BM and I used to low level compete at a club sport. The training competition was ridiculous. Training diaries were filled with miles run and cycled just for bragging rights and so people could say ‘I trained 30 hours a day and ran 2 marathons’ for no other reason than to say they were super trainers. The only problem was, they had junk trained so much when it came to actual competition time, they were beaten by a girlie with under half their training.

Sometimes less is more. Sometimes you can train so much all you are doing is reinforcing bad habits and just turning your brain to mush and that’s without the injuries accrued from doing things repeatedly and possibly wrong.

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
Oti has the good grace to laugh at it but man, the use of AI images in articles is nuts!

• Haha
  • Wow

shoppingaddict123

Chatty Member
I think Amanda’s partner come across as controlling …anyone who proposes within 30 minutes of meeting face to face is a major red flag!! She should’ve run away…

• Heart

lalalandx21

Chatty Member
Hate to say it but seems to be a recurring theme this with Giovanni and maybe his mental fans need to recognise that just because he got a deaf girl to the glitterball and pulled on the nations heart strings. He’s nothing special and if he’s been treating people in this manner, he deserves everything he gets. Not the first time he’s been accused of this, doesn’t all just happen to poor Giovanni, no smoke without fire.

Reactions: 14

Boogs

VIP Member
I was about to get really judgemental about the Rio shippers but then remembered that I heard Tattoo in a shop earlier and got a bit choked up and realised I’m in no position to judge anyone else’s sanity right now.

• Haha

kachoochoo

VIP Member
someone, sorry can't remember who, said yesterday that dan walker would be talking about being a lobster for many years to come

just switched over for mastermind, caught the end of look north and lo and behold, live from sheffield children's hospital, the presenter asked him if he would be dressing up as a crab

dan: i was a lobster!!!

• Haha
Reading between the lines I’m guessing Amanda could be looking for evidence to support a mental injury.
this is really hard to prove in the workplace. I’d love to see one of the celebs contracts.
I’d absolutely love to see an example of the contracts too - I bet they’re fascinating. 🤔

I think there’s a good chance that AA has asked for the footage because there’s some wrangling over the % of her fee that may/may not be deducted (it’d be madness if the contracts don’t include some element of forfeiture if withdrawal is avoidable or not due to verified physical/mental health reasons), so she possibly wants to present a case based on untenable working conditions.

Claims of PTSD and ‘suing’ the BBC/Giovanni are possibly just tabloid spin to spice the story up about (because contractual/financial negotiations are much less click-worthy)

soccergirl

VIP Member
I
Vito just posted a story practicing the end of their showdance with The Lift. They are so pleased about it :giggle: I really think we might see it on tour...
I still think it's too risky! she dives head first and he has to catch her under the armpits! Matt Flint was on smack when he choreographed that.

Boogs

VIP Member
I think Carlos is very well loved by the professionals. They seem to fully embrace his heart on sleeve quirkiness. He is adorable ❤ Very pleased that he shared this yesterday for Nikita’s birthday 🥵 Was this from the professionals tour last year? They have amazing chemistry, I’d love to see them dance together again.

• Heart