Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Amanda was complimentary of everyone in her leaving post but Gio. So if I were the bbc/strictly I would get rid of Giovanni. He’s starting to become bad publicity for them. If there is legal action they will need to an investigation.

Reactions: 8
I do think if she left so dramatically it’s very telling that so many people from strictly still seem to be interacting with her on social media. I don’t see much interaction on social media between Giovanni and his colleagues.

Reactions: 14
This could have ALL been stopped in its tracks if like most of us, they had acknowledged that his stint had came to its natural end after Richie and politely moved him on in last year's off-season.

Reactions: 16
Uh oh - the Amanda hater on DS has popped up...I'm sure Mr. Gio the LGBT ally was so disturbed:
So he gets to treat her not like tit because they have a difference of opinion on something not related to dancing at all?? What a load of misogynistic victim blaming tit.

I’m guessing the other pros except Lauren as she’s his leading lady on his tour will keep their distance from him for a while.

Reactions: 2
I do think if she left so dramatically it’s very telling that so many people from strictly still seem to be interacting with her on social media. I don’t see much interaction on social media between Giovanni and his colleagues.
He only seems to hang out with Lauren (who is his employee), Kai, and Gorka. It was notable at the Ballando final that Vito was snapped with Graz and with Nikita and Gio was on his own/with other Italians.

No real surprises there. The way he treated her in the background of the Clauditorium always made me uncomfortable, manhandling her into position. And when she talked about having to sneak something to eat when he had a cig because he doesn't eat and wouldn’t do lunch breaks.
Those moments were so weird and awkward, I can't recall him (or any of the Pros!) ever manhandling someone like that during the Clauditorium.
She's not the only one to mention the lack of food, Ranvir mentioned it too.

I was thinking we wouldn't find out the truth but if there is a lawsuit we might get the nitty gritty. Reading between the lines it sounds more like she's coming after Strictly as unfair working conditions like mentioning the 8 hours a day they spent training.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
This could have ALL been stopped in its tracks if like most of us, they had acknowledged that his stint had came to its natural end after Richie and politely moved him on in last year's off-season.
By the time Amanda was taking her bye, Gorka had been out a couple of weeks. All that needed to happen was for Gio to have a sudden recurrence of his ankle injury and for Gorka to step in as super sub … for all his RBF Gorka is very good at settling the nervy and adapting his teaching style.

Reactions: 24
I’m guessing the other pros except Lauren as she’s his leading lady on his tour will keep their distance from him for a while.
The fact that they all wished Amanda well, including Claudia and ignored Gio spoke volumes about how the show as a whole viewed it.

It must have been so odd for Amanda to have dinner with Ellie comparing stories and realising that she got to have a nice lunch break and in Ellies own words 'a kind and patient teacher' whereas Amanda was sneaking oat cakes and stressed about training.

So what happened with Rose? I'm guessing as she was clearly a golden ticket and always had an interpreter present, he knew to play nice.

Reactions: 19
I remember Ranvir talking on ITT about how she made Giovanni change his teaching approach as it didn't work for her and was breaking her confidence instead of building it. They made a whole big thing of it as part of the 'new softer Gio', so it's weird that he didn't internalise that, unless working with someone outwardly much more bolshy like Amanda made him think that she didn't need it.
That and him being a crass head anyway, which we know. But surely he would be careful to behave nicely when the cameras are there?

So what happened with Rose? I'm guessing as she was clearly a golden ticket and always had an interpreter present, he knew to play nice.
The only unpleasant thing I remember with Rose is that story she posted and removed quickly of him storming in with Kai raging about 'that stupid cow' when he didn't know Rose was there. It was presumably about Maura, as they split up a day later, and Rose obviously didn't hear what he said. But it showed he has a nasty temper. I'm sure he behaved perfectly apart from that.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Reading that article again - I think Amanda wants to proof that Giovanni was the reason she left - it mentions that she received social media hate for not mentioning in him in her leaving post etc and that caused her even more distress. I think she’s going for Gio and wants the evidence. Sensible really as he can not claim it’s rubbish if she has that evidence.

Reactions: 7
Uh oh - the Amanda hater on DS has popped up...I'm sure Mr. Gio the LGBT ally was so disturbed:
Whoever knew that Fannyrat was a campaigner punishing terfs by making them partake in public, dizzy, muff diving.
IMG_6819.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 4
Legal action? Oh tit. I mean, I think Amanda is a little crazy, but a celeb considering SUING quite clearly means something has gone very awry. Might some heads be rolling at Strictly?
Somethings clearly gone off- makes you wonder now if their was some truth in the claims he'd said unpleasant things about her partners.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
He does seem to struggle with people he can’t showmance with.
I don’t think he shows his authentic self. It does feel like he is playing a role and I think if someone doesn’t fall for the superficial charm he doesn’t bother with them.

Reactions: 10
Hmm - will Gio do a little insta story with Rose soon - whenever he needs some good publicity up pops a little reminder that he friends with her.

I’ve wondered all along if perhaps she approached the producers and asked to be given a new partner and they refused, gave her the bye to buy time and try and persuade her to stick it out and she had to choose between quitting or sticking with Gio. If she did go to them for help and was able to present a strong case (which it sounds like she did have if she wants the footage to prove it) then that’s a serious question for the producers to answer to

I’ve wondered all along if perhaps she approached the producers and asked to be given a new partner and they refused, gave her the bye to buy time and try and persuade her to stick it out and she had to choose between quitting or sticking with Gio. If she did go to them for help and was able to present a strong case (which it sounds like she did have if she wants the footage to prove it) then that’s a serious question for the producers to answer to
Yeah, even if it turns out not to be totally damning of Gio (ie. he was being a hard taskmaster and they clashed, but nothing more), they'd still be culpable if she'd asked for help and her MH suffered.
But the fact he made that cloying post about her and she was like... crickets... suggests some personal issues with him.

If I were Rose I'd be turning my phone off for a few days.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.