Strictly Come dancing 2023 #34

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Layton will be wounded if you think he has a massive square (utterly beautiful) head. Murrdeeeeeer!
After the showdance I texted my sister that the hat was way too small for Nikita's massive head.

Then it turned filthy.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I am bereft that this is over 😢

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Jowita making it all about her pre final just so nobody forgets she was flung up in the aie like simba from the lion king by mr bird watcher
---
Not to be outdone by Molly rainford, who followed up with her own post. LET THEM ALL HAVE THEIR OWN YEAR, YOU ARE OLD HAT

Sleepless night and reading through the old Nigel appreciation thread - someone on there was manifesting one of the finalists getting injured!

I liked Nigel and thought he was treated badly but some of those fans are insane!

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Sleepless night and reading through the old Nigel appreciation thread - someone on there was manifesting one of the finalists getting injured!

I liked Nigel and thought he was treated badly but some of those fans are insane!
Do you mean the Nigel Harman appreciation thread on here ?

Im really surprised if that's where you heard people wishing harm on other contestants as a rule that's not the vibe at all in fact ive rarely seen anything hateful aimed at others

There's only about ten regular posters including myself and i didn't think it got that 'insane' tbh 🤷

Reactions: 2
Do you mean the Nigel Harman appreciation thread on here ?

Im really surprised if that's where you heard people wishing harm on other contestants as a rule that's not the vibe at all in fact ive rarely seen anything hateful aimed at others

There's only about ten regular posters including myself and i didn't think it got that 'insane' tbh 🤷
Sorry - DS not here.

Reactions: 3
I thought it a huge shame it wasn’t a 4 person final as there was so much filler it dragged.

Incredibly happy for Ellie and Vito, I hope she gets lots of work off the back of this as people now see her, instead of miserable Faye Windass.

Layton, rightly so will be a big star. I’m sure he will dominate the west end now and go on to do huge things.

I hope Craig stays as he’s the only one who speaks sense.

The singers need replacing pronto

Couples Choice needs bining

Gilkinson and Sarah James need sacking so the show has fresh ideas.

Gorka, Karen, Dianne need to be retired.

Vito and Nikita will be on duffer duty next year probably waltzing someone like Coleen Nolan round the dance floor

Great crack on this thread. Will miss it

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
Loved seeing Nigel tonight.
I haven't watched all of the dances yet but delighted for Ellie. She or Layton would both have been worthy winners.

Delighted that she and Vito were in their gorgeous costumes for the announcement too.

They could cut out that nonsense of asking people around the country what they think. Bring the announcement forward slightly and let the winners have a bit of airtime instead.
I think as there should have been 4 people in the final and the slot on tv will have been booked months ago they needed to fill dome time- hence wheeling cher out too

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I think as there should have been 4 people in the final and the slot on tv will have been booked months ago they needed to fill dome time- hence wheeling cher out too
To be fair they always have a big name music act for finals night, to fill the time whilst they get the votes in and then verify them.
---
I thought it a huge shame it wasn’t a 4 person final as there was so much filler it dragged.

Incredibly happy for Ellie and Vito, I hope she gets lots of work off the back of this as people now see her, instead of miserable Faye Windass.

Layton, rightly so will be a big star. I’m sure he will dominate the west end now and go on to do huge things.

I hope Craig stays as he’s the only one who speaks sense.

The singers need replacing pronto

Couples Choice needs bining

Gilkinson and Sarah James need sacking so the show has fresh ideas.

Gorka, Karen, Dianne need to be retired.

Vito and Nikita will be on duffer duty next year probably waltzing someone like Coleen Nolan round the dance floor

Great crack on this thread. Will miss it
Agree with all, although I reckon V&N will get middle ground celebs rather than complete duffers. They are too popular to bin off on week 2 , and haven’t annoyed TPTB ( yet).
Last year Kai should have had another ringer to make up for AJ missing the final, but the fact he left Ten10 management for an unknown, never worked in dance, manager just before the series began , having been Jason’s golden boy , plus his refusal along with Nadiya to do pro tour in favour of OUAT will have probably led them to give him Kaye. He was lucky with his Christmas partner as she was a total ringer , even though Amy was robbed!
Gio was given a middle ground celeb but messed it up by his attitude towards him . The quickstep showed Richie had great potential but G had clocked out.
Jojo ,as always, did beautifully with Ellie , his middling, and they got a lot further than expected. Plus he got a beautiful friendship from it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
I've just remembered Claudia saying at the start that 13 records have been broken this series. Yes, only because of the insane overmarking, you mad bastards

Next year we'll be getting 10s in week 1

But really, why are they so obsessed with the record breaking thing? Literally no one cares if it's the highest scoring week 6 cha cha danced during a full moon (or similar bollocks)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I've just remembered Claudia saying at the start that 13 records have been broken this series. Yes, only because of the insane overmarking, you mad bastards

Next year we'll be getting 10s in week 1

But really, why are they so obsessed with the record breaking thing? Literally no one cares if it's the highest scoring week 6 cha cha danced during a full moon (or similar bollocks)
Yes!!! My thoughts exactly when she made that statement!!! It's not a good thing, it just shows how out of whack the scoring has become!

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.