Strictly Come dancing 2023 #34

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'll be honest, I don't really get the Tess hate. She's good at what she does and she's bland enough to please the average Saturday night TV audience. She has clear rapport with Claudia and looks good. To me she inoffensive and holds the show together pretty well.
I agree. She doesn’t bother me in the slightest. She might not be the greatest presenter in the history of light entertainment, but she does what she’s there to do and she does it well enough that there are never any apparent cock-ups.

I’m not looking for anything more from her than that. She’s an entirely neutral presence, to the extent that I have an entirely neutral opinion of her 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 26
Let's not confuse him being a professional dancer with actually him being a pro at ballroom and latin. He's still way below the standard of the pros to get hired as one. As far as I know, they only hire ones who have been competitive on the circuit.

They definitely only hire pros with training in ballroom and Latin. They don’t necessarily have to have competed in ballroom/Latin (most of them have, though I don’t think Janette did), but they wouldn’t hire someone with only musical theatre experience (and especially not one who was told several times tonight that his ballroom was a bit ropey)

Reactions: 10
I think Graz and Zara could stay friends. Graz and Arduino did a dance class last Sunday I think it was and Zara went to it and brought her brother. Thing with Graz is, when he's not working in the UK he lives in Italy. The UK is not his home like it is for the other pros so I could see it being a bit harder for him to stay good friends with some of his partners.

Reactions: 18
I agree. She doesn’t bother me in the slightest. She might not be the greatest presenter in the history of light entertainment, but she does what she’s there to do and she does it well enough that there are never any apparent cock-ups.

I’m not looking for anything more from her than that. She’s an entirely neutral presence, to the extent that I have an entirely neutral opinion of her 🤷‍♀️
Plus I enjoy taken the piss out of her

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Have my babies Craig!

It says it all that the poster says "Bobby's dance about his mum" - people only cared about it because it because it was the Are Angle Jade Goody™️ memorial dance. If you took away any emotional concept, you're left with an ugly and ungainly mawkish dance that could mean anything.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Most things about Strictly are now so polished and stage managed that it's actually quite refreshing when Tess doesn't deliver a joke properly or gets a link a bit wrong

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Have my babies Craig!

It says it all that the poster says "Bobby's dance about his mum" - people only cared about it because it because it was the Are Angle Jade Goody™️ memorial dance. If you took away any emotional concept, you're left with an ugly and ungainly mawkish dance that could mean anything.
Agreed.

I have yet to watch the full show but when the clips were shown and I saw the bit with Dianne on his shoulder, I cringed all over again. Make it stop. I didn't get it at all. Not the first night they performed it, and not tonight.

Reactions: 15
Layton's show dance was FABULOUS Especially compared to the other show dances.

Still a bit peeved that he didn't win. But for me it was his friendship with Nikita that elevated the partnership.

I'll miss them on a Saturday night 😢😢😢

But - I've got tickets for the tour so hopefully ill see them in the flesh 💖💖💖

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Shirley asking if his schlong is as long as his limbs.
IMG_6760.jpeg

Shirley asking if Nikita has as much girth as his neck and Layton thinking stay the duck away from my man witch.

IMG_6761.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 45
What an amazing addition to the show Vito is! Reaching the final in his first year and winning on his second. Has any other pro done this?

Reactions: 30
What an amazing addition to the show Vito is! Reaching the final in his first year and winning on his second. Has any other pro done this?
Kevin Clifton wishes he had!

(Aliona comes closest - 2nd in year 2, 1st in year 3)

Reactions: 12
OK I might be going doolally ( doolally ? do people even say that anymore ? ) BUT I was looking at Vito and Ellie's faces and they look alike ! Their features are very similar imho ! Please scrutinise them closely and see what you think ! So I'm thinking that there IS something going on between them because don't we fall for people who we look like ( albeit subconsciously) ? I'm off for a lie down and wait for the men in white coats to come for me .......... 👨‍⚕️👨‍⚕️🚑

• Haha
Reactions: 19
OK I might be going doolally ( doolally ? do people even say that anymore ? ) BUT I was looking at Vito and Ellie's faces and they look alike ! Their features are very similar imho ! Please scrutinise them closely and see what you think ! So I'm thinking that there IS something going on between them because don't we fall for people who we look like ( albeit subconsciously) ? I'm off for a lie down and wait for the men in white coats to come for me .......... 👨‍⚕️👨‍⚕️🚑
I've thought Nikita and Layton have very similar faces for the whole series!

Not sure I see it with Ellie and Vito but I do see they've picked up each other's mannerisms, which you may be seeing? That's a good sign of a people who really get along.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.