Strictly Come dancing 2023 #34

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So many of the Lakita fans on here seem to have been having a tough time and their partnership has brought some much needed joy into our lives. What beautiful, talented, aspirational young men they are.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I suppose linked to what Craig said about how far the show has come, I think this is why the show dances don’t really work anymore and are a bit underwhelming. Way back in the early seasons the show dances were real wow moments and you looked forward to them, because the rest of the dances all series were so “basic” ballroom and Latin. Now of course they are full productions and many of the normal dances feel on par or better than those show dances, which means the show dances in the final just don’t have the same impact. I think they need to mix it up in keeping with the higher standard and production of the show now

Reactions: 33
I suppose linked to what Craig said about how far the show has come, I think this is why the show dances don’t really work anymore and are a bit underwhelming. Way back in the early seasons the show dances were real wow moments and you looked forward to them, because the rest of the dances all series were so “basic” ballroom and Latin. Now of course they are full productions and many of the normal dances feel on par or better than those show dances, which means the show dances in the final just don’t have the same impact. I think they need to mix it up in keeping with the higher standard and production of the show now
Yes, I felt like Layton's showdance, good as it was, wasn't as good as his Charleston the week before - the level is so high now that you have to do something really spectacular. Probably why Vito chucked in lifts that even JLo might have said 'maybe not, babe' to

Reactions: 20
Had to watch on catch-up as was taxi-ing children all over the place tonight, but I have two questions about tonight’s show:

1) what the duck was on Dianne’s head in their show dance?
2) that bit where Kai danced ‘at’ Cher on his own - just why?
Felt really sorry for him 🤣 looked like he was trying to get her attention but she wasn’t giving anything.
Cher may be 50% plastic but you can tell she’s used the best plastic surgeons/botoxers. She genuinely looks 55 and could look a lot more fake for the amount of work she’s had done.

Im happy Ellie won. I wanted Leyton to win, gave him all my votes, but I’m actually glad he didn’t because you can bet if he did the hate would ramp up x100. Vito crying 😭 I could barely cope, what a genuine sweetheart he seems to be.

Nikita and Layton - what a fab pairing. Looked amazing together, very different personalities but it worked, and Nikita just seems sooo sweet and supportive, what a sweetheart. The haters (*cough*homophobes*cough*) can go duck themselves. Layton has a bright future ahead of him - he’s talented, hardworking and kind. He clearly has a close knit group of friends and family who love him and he loves them and lives for them right back. He lives a rich and true life and will be happy no matter what.

Bobbie - he gives me the ick and makes me cringe but I’ve come to the conclusion after watching him for 3 months that I think he’s genuine. I’m sure he’s not perfect, he’s 20 years old after all, but again, loves his family and has a bright future ahead of him.

*I’ve had a lot of fizzy wine, hence being soppy and nicer than usual.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I’ve really struggled watching live this year, with my toddler and just general life and I have missed live commenting with you all on this thread but I have read every single message on here and have loved it so much!!! Strictly for me is ❤❤

So happy for Ellie (and even more so Vito tbh) I’m still shipping them and hope we get a cute little insta post tonight hard launching 😂😂😂 well if Joe and Dianne can do it 🤷‍♀️

Had a few wines tonight and genuinely sobbed the whole way through from when the lift went wrong until the end- apart from any time Bobby appeared on screen cos honestly he made me feel devoid of emotion.

Here’s to next year when hopefully my toddler will sleep and I can be more present again! Can’t wait to get back to thirsting over Vito and Nikita! 🍷❤💃

• Heart
Reactions: 20
ellie is a worthy winner and both hers and layton's careers will absolutely flourish from here and bleeping good for them

vito has been adorable

and nikita has pretty much turned into my favourite person in the world who has ever existed 💙
Agree with all of that.

Nikita crying on ITT last night had me crying with him. I have loved him since he joined, he has always been brilliant but this year with Layton OMG - they brought such FABULOUS performances every week. A new level for Strictly, imo.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Was feeling a little sentimental and then Lauren reminded me that we might be in for some messy afterparty photos

Screenshot_20231216_222956_Instagram.jpg

Bless Krishnan.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

For any Ellie and Vito shippers - watch till the end when he tells her he loves her. It’s definitely in a friend way but still lovely to hear ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Yes, I felt like Layton's showdance, good as it was, wasn't as good as his Charleston the week before - the level is so high now that you have to do something really spectacular. Probably why Vito chucked in lifts that even JLo might have said 'maybe not, babe' to
Matt Flint was involved in the choreo he also did the choreo for the Charleston, I suspect he and Vito got a bit carried away and didn't take into account how the pressure and nerves of Final night might effect Ellie.

Reactions: 8

I was thinking similarly when they showed the training clips of Ellie’s showdance - it used to be that the lifts were kept ‘secret’ because the showdance was a ‘special treat’, but now all of the dances are basically show dances, lifts and tricks get shoehorned in at every opportunity, ballroom dances are barely ever fully in hold, plus there’s couple’s choice which is basically a showdance with a side-order of emotional blackmail,
So now the showdances are rarely anything to get excited about. 🤷‍♀️

I hate social media!! I knew I shouldn't have gone to the comments but people are pissing all over Ellie's win 💔 I hate people. I hate the internet.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
Krishnan is just the sweetest man to exist. I hope he keeps finding joy in dancing. I cheered when he appeared on the group dance earlier.
---
I hate social media!! I knew I shouldn't have gone to the comments but people are pissing all over Ellie's win 💔 I hate people. I hate the internet.
People are pricks and make themselves feel better about their own inadequacies by throwing out vitriol at others. Ignore them, Ellie will have the time of her life tonight and their comments won’t matter to her at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

For any Ellie and Vito shippers - watch till the end when he tells her he loves her. It’s definitely in a friend way but still lovely to hear ❤
For me it was when he was holding her face and looking at her after the showdance. JUST GET MARRIED!

Also, can we confirm Gio didn't bother coming onto the dancefloor at the end? he must be fuming!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Anyone going to the tour please check back in and tell us all about it!

going to t'tour right here in sheffield 💙

which is just so amazing cos layton's spent a lot of time here over the years. he has pals over here and I seem to recall that he was on a train up here within this strictly season for some reason

also, he's acted at the crucible a few times iirc

and I actually remember when jamie was being filmed here. you know how they put temporary location directions on lamp posts when something's being filmed? I remember tiny little "etaj" signs all over crookes on my drive home

so, yeah. gonna be so cool to see him here 💙

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.